Effortless mage xp

PoMoGub

I just wanted to point out a neat trick I discovered that most will probably also have discovered. Through heals, you can farm an infinite amount of experience. It works best for mages but can be done with anyone, albeit less effectively. The best way to do this is to eliminate all enemies except for one non-mage. This works best if the enemy is a general. Lure him to Diaz and either completely surround him or move everyone else away. Every turn he will wail on Diaz(as long as he has the lowest defense) taking most of his HP and every turn you heal him for 80-100xp per heal. For best results, have him heal himself until he's way overleveled that way if you want the xp for another mage, they will get more xp. It's also useful to overlevel Diaz to strengthen your friend gauge and battle formation.

Be warned that this is very boring and works best with an entertainment setup that allows you to also watch The Office. Let me know if anyone has a more efficient variation or any thoughts at all.

Edit: Also, I just wanted to confirm that you can even get an S rank doing this as turn count makes no difference as long as you kill more than 20 enemies, deal at least a 100 hit combo and perform 2 full power battle formations. Just got an S rank with 53 turns using this grinding method.

:drunk

Edited by PoMoGub

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah this trick has been known for a while. This is why you healer is weak at the beginning, but by the end of the game he is very strong, even able to take a few hits from the final boss.

Oh, it has??? :confused: Man, I should have thought of that and clearly stated it at the very beginning of the post. For such a well known trick there is oddly no record of it anywhere I can find on any site. How very curious.

:rolleyes:

/s

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This is a trick that is common knowledge for tactics rpgs such as this, so most players don't think of it as something that needs pointing out.

Fact of the day: Most is not all.

Also, when someone clearly states that something may be common knowledge, redundantly restating it just makes you look dense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...