Update News

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that to, the language used is just as good as the person using it. It's just with my experience things running in Java don't run very well on my system mostly because Minecraft is such a resource intensive game.

It is and with everything added it doesn't get any better for a lot of PCs.

It irked me when one Alpha or Beta version ran perfect and then suddenly next patch borked it and resulted in an insane FPS drop, a good example was when they went from B1.4 to B1.5. 1.3 has had some controversy with people because it merged the code but it's actually run smoothly for me again frame rate wise.

I would rather them take their time, than release a glitchy rushed update because people were complaining over features that they think they're entitled to.

Here we go again.

I really hate when people use the 'entitled to' excuse.

Look at it this way. Before Minecraft came out for our version, it was stated that there would be constant updates (LINK) to the game to bring this version up to speed. Where the fuck are these so called 'constant' updates? Where are all the features that we ARE entitled to?

We purchased an incomplete version of the game therefor requiring updates to finish it. As I said before, taking this long to bring in some of these features (like stackable food, I mean how hard is that to code really?) is just unacceptable.

After reading this do not bring up the other excuse saying "well you bought it so its your problem," I believe that's called bait and switch. Okay?

Here we go again.

Look at it this way. Before Minecraft came out for our version, it was stated that there would be constant updates (LINK) to the game to bring this version up to speed. Where the fuck are these so called 'constant' updates? Where are all the features that we ARE entitled to?

We purchased an incomplete version of the game therefor requiring updates to finish it. As I said before, taking this long to bring in some of these features (like stackable food, I mean how hard is that to code really?) is just unacceptable.

After reading this do not bring up the other excuse saying "well you bought it so its your problem," I believe that's called bait and switch. Okay?

How do you know it is "that easy" to code? For all we know the coding required for that is dependent on other coding added in with 1.8 and could potentially brake the game without it?

Constant updates. What is that to you? Weekly? That was not promised. Monthly seems pretty damn constant to me. The game released at 1.6.6. If I remember correctly, every month since as seen an update. I am confident 1.8 will come out this month. We will get a bug update every other month and a version update between. That seems VERY constant to me. Most games take months for a single update. And do you know what you are entitled to? The update and what is included. You knew (Or should have) what you were getting with minecraft and how the game as worked. Every update brings new features. You arent entitled to features months before it is possible for them to be coded into the game. You have to wait. 4J can't just sit down and code the entire update (Especially 1.8, one of the biggest updates) AND bring forward other features in a day. It takes time. Video games are no simple task.

EDIT: I really could go on for days about this...

EDIT 2: I also want to mention this; This game will and always will be an "Incomplete game." This game is going to be updated again and again for as long as Mojang and 4J possibly can. saying it was incomplete when you bought it is incorrect. It was a complete version with more features coming in the future.

Edited by dragonpwnr99

source please?

theres a massive news block about it on the minecraft official forums

(like stackable food, I mean how hard is that to code really?) is just

extremely, having stackable food is a balance issue, getting it to stack in itself is just ajusting a single variable in the code which is a couple of seconds work however countering the reason it is not stackable in the first place is a extremely complicated job. Food in minecraft prior to 1.8wasent stackable due to the fact in instantly healed you, being able to carry around stacks of 64 steak which healed you instantly made combat too easy so it wasent allowed.

to get around this hunger needed to be added first before food stacked and hunger itself is just a small part of the entire combat and travel update in 1.8, theres no point in a hunger bar if it never goes down so to add that the entire combat engine needed to be rewritten so that each swing of a sword lowers the hunger bar slightly and sprinting was added which letsyou run fast in exchangefor a very fast drop in hunger.

all in all programming it is an extremely hard job especially since they are doing it within the confines of an existing game engine and this is on top of entire rewrites to the terrain generation that come in this update aswell.

1.8 is practically an entire rewrite of the games code which has to be patched in using microsofts shitty update system

Edited by RDrules

Not only that, but I think Mojang or 4J said outright that it's not a direct port, or a copy, it's "MineCraft: Xbox 360 Edition" Meaning it's it's own separate game, requiring it's own separate updates.

Even if you didn't know what features it was going to have or not have, you could have downloaded the trial first, and seen for yourself. Just be patient. I would rather them take their time, than release a glitchy rushed update because people were complaining over features that they think they're entitled to.

The game was created with them telling the population that they would release three updates: 1.7.3, 1.8.2, and 1.2.3. There are probably people who bought the game (myself included) because they were promised these updates.

Since we bought the game under the premise of getting the updates I would say we are very entitled to them.

theres a massive news block about it on the minecraft official forums

extremely, having stackable food is a balance issue, getting it to stack in itself is just ajusting a single variable in the code which is a couple of seconds work however countering the reason it is not stackable in the first place is a extremely complicated job. Food in minecraft prior to 1.8wasent stackable due to the fact in instantly healed you, being able to carry around stacks of 64 steak which healed you instantly made combat too easy so it wasent allowed.

to get around this hunger needed to be added first before food stacked and hunger itself is just a small part of the entire combat and travel update in 1.8, theres no point in a hunger bar if it never goes down so to add that the entire combat engine needed to be rewritten so that each swing of a sword lowers the hunger bar slightly and sprinting was added which letsyou run fast in exchangefor a very fast drop in hunger.

all in all programming it is an extremely hard job especially since they are doing it within the confines of an existing game engine and this is on top of entire rewrites to the terrain generation that come in this update aswell.

1.8 is practically an entire rewrite of the games code which has to be patched in using microsofts shitty update system

Thank you. Like i said, it seems simple but in actuality it is an arduous process that can easily brake the games balance. I couldn't have explained it better myself. :)

Here we go again.

That link you gave also goes on to say

The updates, however, won't be coming as thick and fast as in the PC version of the game. "I don't think it'll ever come to that," said Burns. "I think that there will always be Microsoft testing involved."
and
"So we can maybe roll out every two months. We'll have to see how that goes..."

Basically, they'll try and get constant updates out, but they still have to go through MS Certification.

The game was created with them telling the population that they would release three updates: 1.7.3, 1.8.2, and 1.2.3. There are probably people who bought the game (myself included) because they were promised these updates.

Since we bought the game under the premise of getting the updates I would say we are very entitled to them.

Ok, maybe I should have said "think they're entitled to now". They've released 1.7.3, and 1.8.2 probably isn't far off. If it takes them 6 months to get it done and through Certification (extreme and unlikely) you're still getting what you paid for, it's just taking longer than you WANT. Unfortunately, wanting doesn't make it any faster. They have to make sure that what ever changes they make do not screw up anything else, and once they have it perfected, it has to go through MicroSoft. It all takes time.

And regardless of what you think this is, you knew what the game would be like when you bought it. You knew that it wouldn't be complete, and you more than likely knew you didn't like it, but you went and bought it anyway.

Ok, maybe I should have said "think they're entitled to now". They've released 1.7.3, and 1.8.2 probably isn't far off. If it takes them 6 months to get it done and through Certification (extreme and unlikely) you're still getting what you paid for, it's just taking longer than you WANT. Unfortunately, wanting doesn't make it any faster. They have to make sure that what ever changes they make do not screw up anything else, and once they have it perfected, it has to go through MicroSoft. It all takes time.

Alright, I don't disagree with that. Thought you meant something else.

Just so you know. We were never promised the full game. At this current point in time they have only stated that the game will be updated to 1.2.3.

Whether it will go one past that, and will be free for that matter, has not yet been divulged.

I sure hope we get it updated further than that. 1.3.1 was a major update with a lot of great fixes and additions. I bet that version was mentioned just because it was the most up to date at that time.

If not, I may have to switch to the PC version. I want Temples and Trading.

They have stated that Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is never going to be the same as the PC version. It's not Minecraft on Xbox, It's the Xbox Edition. They've stated that they might leave certain things out if they don't feel like it will fit well into the 360 version. So yes, there will be updates, but what those updates do may not be an exact replica of what it was on the PC.

They have stated that Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition is never going to be the same as the PC version. It's not Minecraft on Xbox, It's the Xbox Edition. They've stated that they might leave certain things out if they don't feel like it will fit well into the 360 version. So yes, there will be updates, but what those updates do may not be an exact replica of what it was on the PC.

You're just wasting your keystrokes my friend. Those bitching about it not being the PC game refuse to listen.

I sure hope we get it updated further than that. 1.3.1 was a major update with a lot of great fixes and additions. I bet that version was mentioned just because it was the most up to date at that time.

Yeah so do I. But updating cost money so even if we get it there's a good chance it won't be free.

build yourself a temple :D like me

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/431523_4083164251405_1418574600_n.jpg

Here we go again.

Anyone, IN MY OPINION, who buys dlc for a game, has bought an 'incomplete' game. Concentrate on making a new game, not adding on to an incomplete one. Nobody seems to whine about having to buy dlc.

My second point is that you are EXTREMELY lucky they didn't start you out on the very first alpha build and work up from there. To want anything more is 'entitlement'...

I didn't see it at PAX?! And they said on twitter that they still have weeks left of work to do on 1.8 update. So it's NOT done yet.

Mojang at PAX!

Mojang has been busy at PAX all weekend, and we have been bringing you some pretty awesome updates on all things Minecraft going on there. So, what's going on today, you ask? EvilSeph has reminded us that there is a Minecraft Panel going on today, at 4:30 pm, PST! Be sure to check out the panel - if you're not at PAX today, you can watch it live, on the PAX Twitch channel - click here to check it out!

Not enough Minecraft to whet your appetite? How about this: Notch has announced that Minecraft's "Adventure Update" will be playable on the show floor! The expansion, which is currently heavily in development, will add more than 40 new features in the sandbox blockbuster, such as NPC villages, additional farming activities, and randomly-generated dungeons!

Keep an eye out for more updates to Minecraft, PAX and more, right

again its on the minecraft forum, the massive news post on the front page

build yourself a temple :D like me

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/431523_4083164251405_1418574600_n.jpg

Good job with that. I built my own village based upon the PC versions.

I'm looking for the adventure and discovering the Temples/Villages. Building it just isn't the same *sigh* (although, they look pretty cool when they're done).

Mojang at PAX!

Mojang has been busy at PAX all weekend, and we have been bringing you some pretty awesome updates on all things Minecraft going on there. So, what's going on today, you ask? EvilSeph has reminded us that there is a Minecraft Panel going on today, at 4:30 pm, PST! Be sure to check out the panel - if you're not at PAX today, you can watch it live, on the PAX Twitch channel - click here to check it out!

Not enough Minecraft to whet your appetite? How about this: Notch has announced that Minecraft's "Adventure Update" will be playable on the show floor! The expansion, which is currently heavily in development, will add more than 40 new features in the sandbox blockbuster, such as NPC villages, additional farming activities, and randomly-generated dungeons!

Keep an eye out for more updates to Minecraft, PAX and more, right

again its on the minecraft forum, the massive news post on the front page

Thats weird. I didn't see it playable on the show floor at all. I looked for it and nothing. Also just last week they said they still have many more weeks left to go. So we still have to wait a bit longer before this update is out.

Thats weird. I didn't see it playable on the show floor at all. I looked for it and nothing. Also just last week they said they still have many more weeks left to go. So we still have to wait a bit longer before this update is out.

tbf playable doesnt mean its ready for release, weeks of work could all be testing and bug fixing and then of course the fabled ms certification which can take months on its own