Scientist=worst class ever

Now before some of you go on a little hate fest about this let me list my reasoning. Now I think the scientist has been stuck as a class that tries to do too many things other classes do better.

Things I see the Scientist failing at:

1.Melee-now lets face it if any class is a melee fighter its the scout. I have seen scientists try to fly in melee and shockwave but the only thing that it kills is usually only other Scientists. Other classes just do this better.

2.Infiltrating-why? why did the developers give the scientist Disguise? If they want to get behind people without noticing just use the scout. He actually has camo and is made for getting past people unnoticed.

3.Firepower-the scientist almost has nothing in terms of real firepower. Nuetron Assault Rifle? Weak EMP Shotgun? minimal usuability Energon Repair Ray? laughable. The only one that is acutally good is the Photon Burst Rifle and that is only good long range. Why didnt they give the scientists the sniper? It would have made sense fly to a high place and pop circuits but no they give it once again to the superior scout.

4.Health-Three health bars? Really? Why don't you just put a big red target on it that says hit me. The scientist can't stand anywhere near a firefight and most of the time can't even win a one on one. Their overshield dies in two seconds and they can even get one shot through it and die. Why scientist why?

5.Turret-people think the turret is good by itself, people are wrong. The turret isn't really a threat its more like that fly that keeps getting near your ears while flying around your head and you can't quite smack it but when you finally get it bam it annoys you no more.

These are a few among a group of examples why I think the scientist is the worst class out of all 4. Do you think my statements are accurate? Plz post and tell me yourself. I would like to hear what others have to say about it.

Well, you named all the faults- that's for sure.

Scientist as the worst class? Possibly. I mean, I had a decent k/d before learning the ropes of the class and then when I look, I'm -50 in the hole. HUGE learning curve for people who expect to get shot and survive. It was even worse that it wasn't featured in the demo. The class is fragile, no doubt.

But like I posted in the MP 101 thread, once I got the hang of it, I could multikill any assortment of classes in one battle. Head to head with no perks or abils, the scientist loses to every class. So you never put yourself in that corner. The term "hit n run" is used with it, but I hate that. Once you get the combos down and learn your limits, you can pull some serious xp.

I think that's what it's about. Is the scientist the worst class- I'll have to agree. But only because it plays like none of the others. Some people see the low health bar and play the class subtle and long distance. I think that's the wrong way to play. If a scientist isn't agressive, then you'll end up with 7-7 k/d with a few caps after a round of Conquest, basically pulling in crap xp for your headaches. Get to the point where you're draining-healing-shockwaving-shotgunning in one ballet of destruction and you'll have people cursing you out (in a friendly tone) like some people were doing to me when I was maxing the class.

Lastly, the weapon loadouts aren't in anyone's favor but the leader and soldier. Heavies get heavies, I guess.

You don't give the EMP Shotgun enough credit, I'd argue it's the best weapon in the game. If you have an ability to aim, it can one hit nearly every class on the map. I use the EMP Shotgun as my primary weapon on my Soldier too, keeping the Scrapmaker as the backup weapon.

Scientist can bolt in and one hit kill like crazy, they can attack and flee fastest of all the classes and to be honest if you just stay out of danger they can be one of the most devastating classes.

If you try to play a Scientist the way you would a Soldier, you'll get your ass handed to you, they require an entirely different play style then any of the other classes in the game.

i would have to agree, the scientist class is very hard to adapt to..espically when your low lv..but i got mine to lv 5.

and i started learning it str and weakness. like the guy above me said.

i am loving the emp shotgun espically against ldr class people. it ravages them.

also im not being biased on classes and working on them all at the same time

..scout is the only one left to lv

I think it's the most enjoyable class of them all. If anything i think it performs assassinations better than the scout. Disguise is the best weapon of all and functions on multiple levels.

One, it makes everybody paranoid, i've seen teams lighting up their own scientists multiple times a match out of fear.

Two, it protects you from lock on, which is the biggest threat when flying arround

Three, it lasts until you want it to end using one of the perks which makes it more reliable than Cloak.

Four, the ability to fly makes it easier to sneak attack than it does for the scout, and allows for all kinds of manuevers.

Five, EMP Shotgun will one hit anything at point blank, and nothing says execution like one hitting somebody in the back of the head.

Besides, nothing says 'I Fail' more than Warcry whoring Leaders.

I agree the scientist is generally much weaker. However, I have had nothing but success with it in Power Struggle. It isn't about your k/d spread. Mine is pitiful. (Well over -500 in total). However I have won way more than I have lost and I am regularly the overall top scorer. All this while using the scientist. Though I haven't really tried any other game modes and I can't say how well the scientist fairs in them, I do agree he is pitiful in Team Deathmatch.

Edited by TheBlackMage13

I will say this about the Scientist class -- they absolutely nailed the feeling of transforming into a jet and back in this game. I won't harp on the fact that I don't care much for the rest of the game, but they absolutely NAILED that aspect, which makes the Scientist the most fun in my opinion.

I am currently leveling this class to 25 first. I usually play conquest so i get tons of exp just flying around capping, 2-3k with very little kills. you just have to learn not to stick around if the shooting starts, fly off and come back. maybe get a quick emp shotty kill and try to cap again.

Honestly, it all depends on the player's skill and play style. To be honest, I absolutely love the scientist class, but I'm glad that a lot of people are deterred by it. Once you get the hang of it, you will absolutely love it. I always love disguising, flying behind enemy lines, landing right behind someone, dropping a rocket sentry, meleeing and then killing them before they knew what happened, then flying away. Also, I think scientists are invaluable to other teammates. Often, I'd fly in at high speed, throw an energon grenade when they're in the middle of a firefight, and that would be enough to help them survive and win the fight. But hey, to each his own.

I had trouble at first but then something about it just clicked and scientist is probably the class I've been able to get all my killstreaks on easily aside from leader.

The key to remember is you can FLY AWAY and COME BACK whenever you want. Pretend you're Starscream. Fly off, then come back and wait for whoever was chasing you to give up and pop'em in the back.

This class is my second most deadly class. It has the best kill streaks in the game i mean come on . Health Matrix helps you last till you get Overshield and then the photon canon is your ticket to get another photon cannon just die before you activate it. especially if you haven't used the Overshield. If you pop your overshield and photon cannon your are almost guaranteed another one. The key is shockwave as well. Most people think the Emp shotgun is enough but it takes a long time to reload. If you hit them with the two shots but they still aren't dead hit em with Shockwave and it will either kill them or push them back for you to have time to reload. You can disguise and use it to increase the damage to if you have the perk that increases damage after you lose your disguise

Scientist was one of my favorite classes to level along with Scout/Leader. Soldier was the worst class for me personally... mostly because of how slow they are and the fact that their killstreaks are garbage compared to all the other classes even when used as effectively as possible.

I will say this about the Scientist class -- they absolutely nailed the feeling of transforming into a jet and back in this game. I won't harp on the fact that I don't care much for the rest of the game, but they absolutely NAILED that aspect, which makes the Scientist the most fun in my opinion.

you are absolutely correct on that one

one thing about this class is everyone says its the worst so alot of people try to master it and realize it is not as bad as everyone thought.

Agreed, I never even played as the class till I was about level 8-10 with the others.

Now I actually think its my favourite class, flying around in disguise and landing next to a beacon that a couple of enemies are taking then casually take them out with the shotgun.

You don't give the EMP Shotgun enough credit, I'd argue it's the best weapon in the game. If you have an ability to aim, it can one hit nearly every class on the map. I use the EMP Shotgun as my primary weapon on my Soldier too, keeping the Scrapmaker as the backup weapon.

Scientist can bolt in and one hit kill like crazy, they can attack and flee fastest of all the classes and to be honest if you just stay out of danger they can be one of the most devastating classes.

If you try to play a Scientist the way you would a Soldier, you'll get your ass handed to you, they require an entirely different play style then any of the other classes in the game.

this post is right on the spot.

i already made prime mode, and honestly the scientist took me the most work to get the hang of it, but once you get it he can be the most devastating class in the game.

ive seen many ppl try to play him like a soldier and that dosent work. you need to focus on fitting at a distance or doing hit and run tactics. once you get the cannon from killing 7 in a row kill yourself, spawn the cannon and just keep your distance and kill streaking.

Definitely not the worst class. I still give that to the Scout.

As for the Scientist, I personally like it the best. Scientist is not only the fastest character in the game, but they are essential for team play. Scientists help keep the team replenished, and in return, the Leaders and Soldiers protect the Scientist.

On objective-based games, I don't think anyone is more effective than the Scientist. There speed and ability to blend in with the other team is a shoe-in for sneaking around and taking points. I've been first place in about 10 Conquest matches as the Scientist based solely on capturing points. I'll have 50-60 points for the round and only 3-5 kills. Is that really terrible? No. Because I'm still getting 6000+ experience per round.

If you use the Scientist like you would a Leader or a Soldier, sure, you're going to get your ass kicked. If you actually use them the way they were designed, they can end up being the most essential aspect of the team.