Speed Run HELLPPP!!!!

I cant get this for the life of me!

I'm having the same problem!!!! I was never good at games that just throw in some driving sequences, but I'm half way decent at actual driving games. I think I'm up to my 99th try now, and still can not get this one.

Does anyone know if setting the difficulty to easy helps at all? The guy in the video set it to 007, Was he just showing off(he is good), or does that make any difference? I wish there was a clock on screen...

OW does restarting check points help?

I'm having the same problem!!!! I was never good at games that just throw in some driving sequences, but I'm half way decent at actual driving games. I think I'm up to my 99th try now, and still can not get this one.

Does anyone know if setting the difficulty to easy helps at all? The guy in the video set it to 007, Was he just showing off(he is good), or does that make any difference? I wish there was a clock on screen...

OW does restarting check points help?

i can tell you the difficulty settings dont mean dick i tried it on recruit and its still impossible

Nah, the difficulty doesn't matter for the racing sequences. I just chose 007 because of course the number is in my name. :)

And yeah, I put my video through the video editor, and it is definitely under 3 minutes, from the time the cutscene ends in the beginning, until the achievement popped up. I was surprised it was that fast even though I screwed up twice. I could have been even faster.

The beginning part I would say is not so important, because there isn't really a lot of time to be saved. If you replayed it again and again like me, you would have it done pat, and realize that the major turning point is when the white SUVs come at you. Everything before is just standard driving. Although I would say that if you are within 40m of the Army Hummer when driving in that tunnel with the hairpin turn, then you are good on time. If you are 50-60m away, hope you get lucky.

So the main thing is to get away from the White SUVs as best as you can, when you first encounter them. The second part which I believed saved me time was catching a ride on the enemy car on one of the hairpin turns in the docks.

The last part when you have 2 enemy cars, and 2 enemy SUVs is tricky. I have been able to pass the SUVs once before, and if you can do this I'm pretty sure you can beat it. But as you can see from the video it's not absolutely necessary. Just be fast, and be furious.

OK, I'm not going to lie and say this cheeve was a doddle because it did take me 5-10 attempts to get it but I will say it's not as bad as people make out if you play smart.

When I was reloading checkpoints after I realised I had screwed up a little section, the cheeve did not unlock when I got to the end so I'm not sure you can reload the checkpoints. In the end I decided to just attempt it in one go and it unlocked first time.

The biggest tip I can give is try not to be to fast. I know that sounds a stupid thing to say when this is a speed achievement, but believe me it does help to not get ahead of the SUV's and the main vehicle your chasing. The game has a horrible habbit of screwing you over when you go to fast. The AI seems to do unreal things to screw you up when you get in a position to overtake the vehicle your chasing. I just stayed within 40 metres of the vehicle and made sure to even stay out the way of the annoying white SUV's. From half way on in the chase you just need to be smooth and stay out of trouble. Like I said the AI tends to have an annoying way of barging you into containers or walls when you are too fast. Don't try to t-bone the white SUVs or try stupid overtakes. Believe me just keep it neat 40 metres back from the jeep or whatever it is and the achievement will be yours.

i never used my E-Brake once the whole mission, for the tight corners I just slowly braked into them which makes it alot smoother. Even the 180 degree corner under the bridge, just brake into it and turn. Plus I find it's easier to keep your wheels straighter and keep speed up not using the E-Brake.

I haven't gotten this achievement yet but I too have noticed the e-brake is pretty worthless. You can get tighter corners with much better control if you simply let go of the accelerator and ease on the brake. The only one that might be a little tricky is the u-turn in the tunnel; I seem to slide into the wall half the time.

whats funny is i watched xvcvii video yet while i followed along making less mistakes than him. i somehow cant get the achieve to pop, i dont understand it

i dont crash

i dont spin out of control

i stayed at a distance of NEVER more than 50 (most time was at 40)

i never used checkpoint

i ended up behind the big white trucks like xvcvii

yet no achieve pop

whats funny is i watched xvcvii video yet while i followed along making less mistakes than him. i somehow cant get the achieve to pop, i dont understand it

i dont crash

i dont spin out of control

i stayed at a distance of NEVER more than 50 (most time was at 40)

i never used checkpoint

i ended up behind the big white trucks like xvcvii

yet no achieve pop

Lmao!!! Do you know what's even more annoying. I've completed this game on 007 and that's like a ONE SHOT KILL SCENARIO, yet this GOD DAMN HAIRY ARSE BIT OF RACING AND IT'S WORSE THAN THE ACTUAL SHOOTING!!!!

I'D RATHER DO THE CONTROL ROOM AGAIN IN SYBERIA!!!

dammit dammit dammit, i should have recorded it. i was thinking it but i thought i may not have enough battery because it would take me 30 attempts (and it did)

I FINALLY GOT it

i know i cant help much but i paid attention to a couple things

-after the turn in the tunnel i was at 25m from him

-when seeing the two large vans (after the tunnel) i quickly got past BOTH

-when getting to the docks and those 3 cars show up. if your RIGHT near them your good (i was like 4 car lengths behind and never got the achieve. when i got the achieve i was close to being inside their triangle)

• 1 month later...
Lmao!!! Do you know what's even more annoying. I've completed this game on 007 and that's like a ONE SHOT KILL SCENARIO, yet this GOD DAMN HAIRY ARSE BIT OF RACING AND IT'S WORSE THAN THE ACTUAL SHOOTING!!!!

I'D RATHER DO THE CONTROL ROOM AGAIN IN SYBERIA!!!

Too bad they didnt remake Goldeneye for the 360, that would have been way better than this damn game....

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...