is it worth buying?

DecadentBeaver

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda fed up with everywhere i go is the CoD is great/CoD is crap thing, you have an opinion, you are entitled to it, but accept that others don't hold your opinion and no need to post it everytime someone disagrees with yours.

Just saw this on the GAME site for 9 quid, played the demo yesterday and thought it was not bad. Feel like getting some new games today so this will be one providing they have the anarchy edition when i pop into town. Have to say from the demo im not too sure if it would be worth 25 or more. I died near the end of the well thing and got annoyed that i would have to start over, pee'd me off a bit considering it was a demo lol

Edited by Killerchronic

I think Skyrim will be a better choice. However the decision depends on your priorities.

However Rage is an easy and quick 1000 points.

There is little replay value to Rage.

The campaign is relatively short (compared to Oblivion or Rage).

Campaign is not short, While following Tyger's guide I finished the game with all acheivements at close to 40 hours. Yeah, I know how to enjoy my games that I spend 60 bucks on. There is a ton replayability if you actually explore every nook and cranny as well as unlock everything in Road Rage.

I never understand sites like www.howlongtobeat.com Is it possible to finish this game just doing the main missions and going from point A to point B in 12 hours? Probably.. but who plays games like this anymore? Even before acheivements back to the NES days, I replayed games multiple times just to unlock everything. Now that we have achievements, this adds even more replayability.

Personally, I'm a completionist (like 90% of everyone else on this site) and I love going back playing through the game another 2 or 3 times getting everything. Hell, I don't even need acheivements to go back and play an old game either. I must have played through Bioshock one and two atleast 6 times a peice, because to me they that damn good.

Edited by Delow317

cod is better. stay away unless it's cheap

Congratulations! You are the winner of the most pointless post on all of the internet.

I'm playing through RAGE now, and honestly, it's a great little game. It doesn't quite compare to other Bethesda published games, but it's got a spark in it which keeps me playing.

I wouldn't say it's like Borderlands, but it has the similarity in regards to the layout of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good game to keep you busy if you're waiting for a new game or DLC to be released. I purchased this game along with Assassin's Creed: Revelations to keep me occupied until the new Gears of War 3 DLC is available.

I got my 1000:gsicon: yesterday and it only took around 20 hours. I explored every nook and cranny possible (except for in the wasteland) but it still ended up relatively short.

This game had me stunned by its graphics. I haven't been that impressed by a FPS's graphics since Resident Evil 5. It puts MW3, Crysis 2 and Battlefield 3 to shame. It's everything Borderlands and Fallout should have been, and it's really not my type of game. For a post-apocalyptic FPS, it's definitely the best there is.

Thanks to all who recommended Rage for me. Money didn't come through in time for xmas, so picked it up today for £12 from Game. As it stands, I now have this, LA Noire, Gears 1+2, Deus Ex, Singularity, Deadly Premonition, Dead risisng 2, Alan Wake, Rainbow 6, and 2 other games to go through. Did get Skyrim on release, but finished it and pretty bored of it quite quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the game isnt bad at all. one of the best graphics ive seen so far on the xbox 360. lot of missions and driving around you can do. the enemeis can be a pain in the ass sometimes but who doesnt like a lilttle challenge lol and the ending was ....not expected lol. good game i recommend it to anyone at least give it a playthru

• 2 weeks later...

I personally didn't like the game, mediocre at best.

Despite what the game will have you believe, it's a very small game.

All dungeons/environments will have you revisiting them 2-3 times minimum.

The aiming can be inconsistent at times.

There is an autosave function, that does nothing, and is absolutely useless.

For some reason the game takes up three discs, maybe its all the voiceovers.

There were other things that ticked me off about the game as I was playing it, but I cant recall them atm.

5/10 From me :p

Got the anarchy edition for $5 at Best Buy. They got a coupon from their gamer mag that is 15 off the 20 price. (the mag is $5 itself if you're not a subscriber already, putting the net price at ~10 if this is the only game you use it for)

There is an autosave function, that does nothing, and is absolutely useless.

Amen. I started up the game last night assuming that the auto save feature would be adequate. Big mistake, had it happen several times that I forgot to manual save and died to something ridiculous after completing a mission.

Example, complete all objectives for a mission, drive my damaged buggy back to the settlement only to nick a corner, explode and die and have to restart the entire mission.

That being said, the gameplay is solid and I won't give up yet.

I had a few reward card points left at game earlier this year, so decided on getting myself the Anarchy Edition for 2p and reward points, I hadn't realised daylight robbery was legal :D

On a more serious note, if you're looking for this cheap, Morrisons has it at the moment for both Xbox & PS3 for £10 if you're in the UK as well as a slew of other games that they seem to almost want to give away, (I got DJ hero 2 for £10 yesterday)

Bought this from Blockbusters last week for £7.99 and I'll probably get a fiver back when I sell. An excellent game for the money, the graphics engine is amazing for this old console.

I tried the demo and thought it was ok, but I'm not the biggest fan of driving games. Turns out this a great FPS with fun arcade style driving. I'm still on disk 1 and have spent 18 hours. I think if you go after the cheevies on nightmare difficulty you might get a much longer game than some reviews make out.

Just wrote this in case someone's still wondering whether to buy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...