Beyond Good & Evil HD Achievement Guide

RENCAMO

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, nice guide.

Would you be able to extend the roadmap though? I've never played this game before, worried about missing an achievement (and it seems there's a lot to miss) because there's no clear order of which to go for and when.

Would appreciate it.

Added a bit more background for "Big Heart" and another collectibles achievement I'll finish the descriptions for everything else tomorrow when I have some more time, S h o v e l's collectible guide should help you find everything you need to though. If you have any problems finding something with his guide, leave a post in his thread or talk to him or me about it and I'm sure you'll get the help ya need.

Also, if you want to make 100% sure that you don't miss anything, make multiple save files at different parts of the game, this way if you do miss something, you can just go back a bit rather then restarting the game.

Good luck with 100%ing the game and let me know if ya need any help! :3

Edited by RENCAMO

hi, in the Nutripills factory right now. Got send a code, do open a door. Apprently I misread the code, because it always says it's wrong... I can't find any way to read the message again?! That means I'm stuck and can't continue?!?!?!?!?!

hi, in the Nutripills factory right now. Got send a code, do open a door. Apprently I misread the code, because it always says it's wrong... I can't find any way to read the message again?! That means I'm stuck and can't continue?!?!?!?!?!

Hello.

No, hit up on your directional pad and go to the letter icon, hit the A button on it and it'll open up your email, you will be able to re-read the code from here to see if you mistyped it or if the game does actually have a glitch, but be sure to look it over very carefully.

Hope this helped.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I just finished the whole game and missed 7 MDISKs , the big problem is i saved the game over all of the blocks when i was on the transmitter and can't get back to the home to find the other MDISKs .

anyone have an idea how to get back home?

• 3 weeks later...
I just finished the whole game and missed 7 MDISKs , the big problem is i saved the game over all of the blocks when i was on the transmitter and can't get back to the home to find the other MDISKs .

anyone have an idea how to get back home?

Sadly, your only option is to restart the game.

• 2 months later...
Where is the "point of no return" I've not started playing yet and want to know so I don't go to far.

Well to say the point of no return would be to completely spoil the game. BUT, it's still a good thing to know.

*********************SPOILER*********************

The point of no return is when you fly the to the moon. So keep multiple saves and be sure to back off or load an old save if you're prompted to fly to the moon. I can't remember if they force you to go the moon or just give you the option. If they force you to go to the moon, then your only option is to load an old save. If they give you the option, then just... don't go on the moon!

Also, I have another question. Are all of those listed missable achievements considered missable ONLY because of the point of no return? Because if so then I can just go ahead and play the game care free...

edit: It seems a lot of people have already asked this question but there hasn't been an acceptable answer yet. Post#24 was just confusing to me. It seemed like the OP in that message answered "Yes and No" to this question.....

Edited by LordOdadjian

Also, I have another question. Are all of those listed missable achievements considered missable ONLY because of the point of no return? Because if so then I can just go ahead and play the game care free...

edit: It seems a lot of people have already asked this question but there hasn't been an acceptable answer yet. Post#24 was just confusing to me. It seemed like the OP in that message answered "Yes and No" to this question.....

All of the achievements I've marked as missable are only missable because of the point of no return. So collectibles, races, etc. must be done while you're still on Hillys.

Can I just play through the game just enjoying the story and nostalgia then before going to the moon go for all the collectables? thx

Yes. All of the collectibles, moneybags, etc. can be collected before leaving for the moon unless stated otherwise.

• 5 months later...

Just bought the game today it's on sale for 400msp never played it before. I've read all the posts here but just want to make sure before I start... Can all the achievements be gotten before leaving for the moon? Is that the only thing I should worry about when it comes to missing achievements? Please send a msg to em0rox on xbl if you wish to respond to this, thank you.

Yes all can be gotten as long as you don't go to the moon. BTW there's been some argument over whether the save disc counts or not towards the achievement. I can confirm with 100% certainty it does. I do not think the online code one counts, although I'm not positive about that, I think that's why some say the save disc doesn't count because they have 11 with the online code one.

• 1 month later...

I once played this game on my cousin's PS2 and beat it but since it was so long ago these guides really helped in refreshing my memory and helping me get the achievements. :)

P.S. *spoiler alert, please don't read unless you've beat the game!!* Note: Your game WILL glitch and you WILL get stuck if you try this. If for some odd reason you want to try this, make sure you make a second file or wait till you beat it to start a new game.

I sadly had to do 2 playthroughs because of a glitch near the end of the game. It's when you find Pey'j and think he is dead. If you go back across the bridge instead of past the glass door, he'll be around. But since I forgot what to do I went to the hovercraft and had Pey'j stay near it, but when I went back to get the photo I wasn't able to go back up the elevator because the game thought Pey'j was still dead. Since I sadly saved AFTER all this and the photo, this f****d up my game so I had to make a new one.