Black Belt Grandmaster...

Rodni Demental

First of all, I'm fairly sure this board is completely dead, but in the hope that someone might see this... And next, yes, there is a lot of text below for you to read, just read it. ;)

Okay, it seems impossible right? The whole game without gameover? One SITTING? At first, I thought it to be completely impossible, but now that I think about it, I can see myself getting in the near future.

By yourself, it seems worse than daunting. It seems damn right FRIKKEN REDICULOUS! Excuse my ignorance, but I would consider myself a rather good player at this game, but even I can not possibley beat the whole game on Black Belt in one go.

However, earlier today, me and a friend were just going through my arcade games (which is growing quite nicely), and eventually came onto Mutant Storm. He saw that I only had 1 Achievement left and asked why I hadn't got it.

Note that he'd never seen the game before so didn't understand it. I told him, "alright, I'll SHOW you why I won't be getting it". Upon allowing him to 'get into' the game and understand it, we started a game of co-op on white belt. We did pretty well and actually had a some good fun trying to get the percentages higher for ourselves due to our unnesasary compeditiveness.

He was not too bad at the game and so I decided to show him why I would not be passing the whole game on Black Belt. We begun (still on co-op), and to my amazement, we got VERY far. About wave 63.

Turns out, he's a natural at the game (considering it's the first time he's played it). So, a player about as good as me, working on the Black Belt Grandmaster doesn't seem that tough. If you're "alright" at the game, and have a buddy that is alright as well, I really don't see why a lot more people shouldn't have this Achievement. Co-op REALLY does make some of those difficult levels easier. (Level 11 stands out in my mind. By myself the enemies normally smish me to death unless a bomb is used).

According to current statistics, only 36 people have it? Pah, that should change easily!

I guess if I was trying to prove the dificulty the Achievement to my friend, I should have got him to try it solo first time as he came out of the whole thing thinking it woudn't be that hard. Just a little tedious. Never the less, it's a good thing we tried this out. I might NEVER have bothered with this Achievement otherwise (it seems that's what most people have done. They just give up when it seems too hard, but in reality, it's quite doable).

Okay, so you need to physically know another person who's good at the game due to the non Live co-op possibility that would have been nice. And I understand that the last 9 levels will be very tough either way. It still comes down to practice and tally mode really does help with your skill. (Play the last 9 levels over and over! Practice makes perfect, like always).

Finally, excuse the many errors that I know must be in there. I don't really feel like proof reading it for spelling mistakes... :p

And um... Opinions/thoughts would be good. Just so it doesn't seem like I typed that for nothing at all... :) :blurp

• 2 weeks later...

The levels is not the main drag and problem with getting the achievement. its being alert and ready after sitting down for 89 levels. and it just so happens that the last ten need your utmost attention. and then im pretty sure if i die on levels 80 thru 89 that i will break controller or xbox and i dont want to do that.

For my own personal safety, I don't think I should attempt this anymore. If only you could understand the infuriating amounts of anger that pass through me when I get to about wave 70 and then do something stupid.

This Achievement is not good for me. I also feel for my controller, I'm conserned that some of her buttons aren't working as well as they should be... (Especially the left bumper).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this achievement is friggin ridiculously difficult. I'm a big fan of the "old school" shooter genre and consider myself to be a very talented individual but I get raped every time I attempt this. I think I too will retire from completing my Mutant Storm achievement list *sigh*. Nice to know I'm not alone though.

• 1 month later...

I spent a while trying for this Achievement, too, and eventually gave up. Part of the problem is that you can't properly practice the later levels. The highest official difficulty level in the game is Black Belt, but the difficulty actually keeps going up, and because of this, some of the levels 60+ have different patterns and are appreciably harder if you get to them starting from level 1. :(

I got them all except the black belt grandmaster. The colored belts are easy to get if you start from level one on the highest belt color you've unlocked. Play without dying all the way to level 20 and you've unlocked the next belt. Play the levels enough times and it is a piece of cake. Well almost :D

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

2 years later, this achievement still really sucks! I doubt I'll ever commit the time to getting it. Maybe if I come down with the flu for a week and have nothing else to play...but then my focus probably wouldn't be at 100% anyway so I probably still couldn't do it. Bah!...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...