Chao Discussion Thread

ghsbe

That's cool to know. SO if I can get the chao to just sit/stand there and not move, can I give it animals/Chaos drives without being too close to it? (As in the infinite animal glitch)

lives in heaven

EDIT: Yup, works pretty well for that. You want to turn the camera so that it's facing your character's face and walk towards the screen. Otherwise, for me, it was hard to walk around because you start glitching out on the pillar lol.

They still move around a bit. What you want to do is put them at the narrow end of it (I just discovered it's really a pillar lol...) and stand in front of the wide end. They keep trying to walk through the pillar to get food or something but can't. You probably could do it there quite effectively because they generally stay in one spot... I've never tried. All I have used it for is stopping them from eating, but now that you mention it I think this would work for that as well.

Edited by ghsbe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no expert on chaos but I asked a friend and he said a chao will die around Age 5. You can check that at the doctors to see how old your chao is. Also, a chao with higher stamina will evolve sooner which has no impact on your Chao's life span.

Thanks for this useful post, this seems to be completely right as my chao was still 0 :-)

Another question.. does anybody know how to get the purple / pink egg? I got 179 emblems and have NEVER seen any of them, wtf?

Thanks for this useful post, this seems to be completely right as my chao was still 0 :-)

Another question.. does anybody know how to get the purple / pink egg? I got 179 emblems and have NEVER seen any of them, wtf?

According to this link http://chao.hippotank.com/sa2b/black-market you get the pink egg at 15 emblems and the purple egg at 20. However, that only means that they are "unlocked." Basically what you have to do is just keep replaying a level that's quick (like get 100 rings in city escape) and then go back and see what he has in stock. It changes every time based on how many emblems you have.

Cannot wait to dig into proper chao raising again (sorry SA: DX, but it just wasn't the same). Also, when the heck did this drop? I know I've been playing a lot of Borderlands 2 since it came out, but I've been looking forward to this since I picked up and completely beat SA: DX last summer. I poured countless hours into this on my GameCube back in the day and I've been itching for the chance to do it all over again.

Ah, yeah, Borderlands 2 blindness, then. I've been busy and haven't been able to beat BL 2 with the speed I usually beat my games and I've fallen behind. Some people already have all the achievements (including the DLC that released like two days ago) and have multiple level 50 characters. Anyhoo, it's been a while since I've done SA 2 chao raising. I put in a bunch of time on SA 1's for the sake of getting the achievement and I remember their being a whole hell of a lot more involved in SA 2's chao game.

Right now I'm working on creating a Chao with all S stats without breeding. I'm looking at 160 hours and I still have to reincarnate it like 4 more times. Why can't I just bring myself to make it have babies and then have babies with its babies?

Right now I'm working on creating a Chao with all S stats without breeding. I'm looking at 160 hours and I still have to reincarnate it like 4 more times. Why can't I just bring myself to make it have babies and then have babies with its babies?

So, after A chao has reincarnated, all the stats go up, or just one? How does it work?

Edited by Retrokiid90

So, after A chao has reincarnated, all the stats go up, or just one? How does it work?

Just one. It's not random though. Basically you have to give them the right chaos drives or animals for the skill you want to level up (and make sure they don't eat to increase stamina... if you just leave your xbox on they will eat and stamina will increase instead). I find it the easiest to give them whatever animals necessary to increase the skill I want and then put them behind the pillar in the hero garden and stand in front of them so they can't escape from the wide end. It's much faster and easier to just breed chaos and try to eliminate the bad skills and keep the good ones. I am just going about it the long way for whatever reason.

Why are all the starting chao so crappy? I mean, on my chao's first evolution his stamina went from an A to an S, but that's the only stat that changed. How on earth do you evolve stats up to an S? I should think that most chao would die before getting anywhere close.

The starting chaos are crappy because the idea is that you need to train them in order to perform well in the competitions. Realistically you only need to get each stat to about a C and you will be good to go. Only one stat increases from each evolution which means that you only upgrade one stat one time per life. Just make sure to pet your chao to make it happy and it will reincarnate with the same grade (a chao reincarnates at 30 happiness, which means you have to make that heart above its head appear 30 times... This can be easily done be spamming "pet" but make sure that you dont accidentally jump on them or throw them because that takes away happiness). You keep 10% of the actual number but the letter will stay as it was. In this manner you can get everything to S.

However, the fastest way is breeding. When you breed the two parent chaos' letter grades are the lowest the baby's letters can go (so for example if you had two all S parents in theory their baby should also have all S stats), so if you are constantly weeding out the bad with babies you should get an all S chao in no time. Like I said, it's not really necessary to win the competitions though.

Sigh............i hate Chao Karate, the first 3 difficulties are easy but that stupid super mode sucks. It's retarded that i am going to have to get a Chao with a A or S rank on running and power, that is going to take me forever.

Chao's are fun, but sitting around waiting isn't.

They should have added something where we could swap Chao online. It should have been called Chao adoption center and we can pick up all the Chao that nobody wanted :D That would save a lot of time waiting for Chao to age, all this waiting around is just boring.

This is a brilliant idea, and I think that you could trade them in the original. That was the only way you could get some of the character chao like the tails chao. I wish they would implement a way to get them in this one, like finding them hidden in a level or something. Trading them online would be great. I only have one more stat (running) to get to S. It's at A right now. Hopefully it won't take too long to breed another all S chao.

How easy is it to actually get a reincarnated Chao ? the one i am focusing on right now is 2 years old and very happy, if i left my xbox on for however long is needed without touching the Chao will it definitely be reincarnated?

Yup ;) as long as it has 30 happiness it will definitely reincarnate. Like I said earlier you can do this by just petting it repeatedly. As far as I understand each time the heart appears it gets +1 happiness. If you throw it it gets -5 and if you jump on it it gets -30. Happiness can range from -100 to +100 so basically if you have been petting it and haven't jumped on it you should be good to go. In order for it to evolve in to one of those Chaos chaos it will have to have +50 happiness (among other things). The only thing that sucks is that the happiness level is hidden so you can't look and see how happy it is.

Happiness won't go down overtime if you ignore your chao if that is what you are wondering. I have left my xbox on for like a week so far because of this nonsense (actually more like two) and it has reincarnated every time. If you ever feel doubtful that it has enough happiness for whatever reason just leave and save then come back and idle. That way if it dies you can just shutdown the xbox and turn it back on and it will still be alive. That or you can pet it for like 5 minutes and you should be good to go.

Yup ;) as long as it has 30 happiness it will definitely reincarnate. Like I said earlier you can do this by just petting it repeatedly. As far as I understand each time the heart appears it gets +1 happiness. If you throw it it gets -5 and if you jump on it it gets -30. Happiness can range from -100 to +100 so basically if you have been petting it and haven't jumped on it you should be good to go. In order for it to evolve in to one of those Chaos chaos it will have to have +50 happiness (among other things). The only thing that sucks is that the happiness level is hidden so you can't look and see how happy it is.

Happiness won't go down overtime if you ignore your chao if that is what you are wondering. I have left my xbox on for like a week so far because of this nonsense (actually more like two) and it has reincarnated every time. If you ever feel doubtful that it has enough happiness for whatever reason just leave and save then come back and idle. That way if it dies you can just shutdown the xbox and turn it back on and it will still be alive. That or you can pet it for like 5 minutes and you should be good to go.

Cool thanks for confirming.

You're welcome. Does anyone know whether or not the Chaos chaos can be taught at school? I know that they can't evolve, die, or breed. I don't want to turn it in to a Chaos chao before teaching it everything if it can't go back.

The starting chaos are crappy because the idea is that you need to train them in order to perform well in the competitions. Realistically you only need to get each stat to about a C and you will be good to go. Only one stat increases from each evolution which means that you only upgrade one stat one time per life. Just make sure to pet your chao to make it happy and it will reincarnate with the same grade (a chao reincarnates at 30 happiness, which means you have to make that heart above its head appear 30 times... This can be easily done be spamming "pet" but make sure that you dont accidentally jump on them or throw them because that takes away happiness). You keep 10% of the actual number but the letter will stay as it was. In this manner you can get everything to S.

However, the fastest way is breeding. When you breed the two parent chaos' letter grades are the lowest the baby's letters can go (so for example if you had two all S parents in theory their baby should also have all S stats), so if you are constantly weeding out the bad with babies you should get an all S chao in no time. Like I said, it's not really necessary to win the competitions though.

Oh, I know that the easiest way is breeding, but I saw a few people in this thread talk about getting all S ranks purely by reincarnation, and I'm boggled as to how they do it with the system you just described to me, especially considering that chao will eventually die.

Oh, I know that the easiest way is breeding, but I saw a few people in this thread talk about getting all S ranks purely by reincarnation, and I'm boggled as to how they do it with the system you just described to me, especially considering that chao will eventually die.

They only die if they arent happy. Otherwise they reincarnate. Mine is S in all but running (at A now) through only reincarnation.

I'm having some trouble connecting my Game Boy Advance...

In all seriousness though, how does one obtain an Exotic Chao in this version of the game? (Amethyst, Garnet, Peridot, etc.)

I dont know. I was hoping theyd implement some system to get special chao like the tails chao via getting emblems or finding them hidden in certain stages. I guess its just impossible ATM. Sorry about the double-post guys, im on a Nook and it hard to operate double quoting lol.