How much harder is "Hard"?

MrBtotheG

I started the game off on Hard right off the bat. I m really not having much trouble outside of the Big Daddies. The Big Daddies are insanely hard on Hard mode, is it the same on Medium? It feels awful cheap to just keep respawning around the corner and running back into the fight.

I dont know if its worth the BD aggrevation just for the 40 pt achievement. Do you get stronger making it easier to take em out anytime soon? And can I go back to the previous areas to get all the Sistas?

You can go back to get the little sisters, I'm not sure how much that would help as the game just gets mysteriously harder. Are you having any trouble with research? I might try to start on hard since there is no death penalty. Still trying to decide because it might be easier to harvest sisters on hard but then you wouldn't get more ammo and other goodies from the teddy bears.

I started the game off on Hard right off the bat. I m really not having much trouble outside of the Big Daddies. The Big Daddies are insanely hard on Hard mode, is it the same on Medium? It feels awful cheap to just keep respawning around the corner and running back into the fight.

I dont know if its worth the BD aggrevation just for the 40 pt achievement. Do you get stronger making it easier to take em out anytime soon? And can I go back to the previous areas to get all the Sistas?

Use some strategy, lay a few proxy mines, then use the x-bow fire bolt and pop him in the window of his mask... takes him down pretty quick w/o dieing on hard =D

The game is never really difficult if you play with no restrictions and take advantage of the strongest possible weapons. It gets significantly harder (and more enjoyable in my opinion) if you pick a specific playstyle and stick with it.

Big Daddies are time consuming to take out in the beginning on both Normal and Hard.

The Big Daddy's aren't that hard on hard man. Get yourself 6 homing grenades and stand a ways back (not to avoid the explosions, but to avoid him hurting you as badly when he turns and shoots), fire all six, then pump him with 4 shotgun shells. If that doesn't finish him, a few bullets from the machine gun will. All guns with armor piercing rounds should have those equipped before going into battle. And I wouldn't attempt it with less than 6 first aid kits. The incendiary bow rounds also seem to deal a lot of damage to the Big Daddy's. The noob combo seems to work well as well (must have no damage from own grenade upgrade). Stand as close as you can to him and plug him with an electric shotgun shell, stunning him. Then switch to the grenade launcher and blast him with that. Repeat. Once you run out of shells, back up a bit to avoid melee and shoot the last grenades into him. Helps if these weapons are both fully upgraded.

It sounds like he's just starting out. he's not going to have proximity mines and heat seakers and all that junk yet.

If you're in the early stages without a lot of weapons, take advantage of bots and turrets. BD's won't fight you until you provoke them. So pick your spot for the battle. Engage the BD in an area where you've hacked a camera or a turret or two and have them help you in the fight. The BD will typically go after a bot or turret before he bothers attacking you, so shoot him in the head with armor piercing pistol rounds or shot gun rounds.

Also watch the ground for puddles of water or gas you can electrocute or set on fire. Use the environment to your advantage.

The game progressively adjusts. You need to adjust how you play or you'll think the game gets harder and harder. tactics and weapons you use at the start of the game will get you beat down later in the game.

Hard mode is easy. The Big Daddies are easy. You just have to strafe more, and use electroball(is that what it is called) to stun them while you get close enough to blast them in the face with a shotgun blast.

The first weapon you upgrade should be shotgun, and it should be for damage first, then firing speed. Then upgrade the grenade launcher all the way next. After that the big daddies are very easy even on hard.

It's not much "harder", just more time-consuming. With the way death works in this game, being able to respawn and try again and again to kill or do something, you can eventually get through it. There are methods like people mention above to make it more efficient though :)