Achievement Discussion

Barad

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant seem to get ' The Moose ' achievement. i tried it like 5 times already i am sure that she cant see me, im holding enough distants. Is this achievement bugged or glitched for some people?

Also, don't use cover. I think I read somewhere on the forum that the use of cover while tailing can rob you off the achievement. I did every tail in the game without using cover, and I got all of the achievements.

P.S: By "cover" I mean being leaned on the wall or peeking behind a corner - not being incognito, eg. standing in front of the store window when the "A" button is signalized. I did incognito actions, but not covers, and I got the achievements. Hope this helps :)

Yep, for The Moose you can't use cover to hide, otherwise the achievement won't pop. You'll have to go oldschool and just sort of stand behind the buildings/cars and hope she doesn't spot you, haha.

Anyways...just saw the updated achievement list, sorta miffed that my completion status has been KOed so early, like when a buddy and I 100%ed Resident Evil 5 together and right afterwards the Versus DLC came out, haha. Still looks like an easy list, and I kept the game around for the DLC cases knowing they'd have achievements so it's no big deal I suppose.

I unlocked Public Menace:

$120,497 vehicle damage...Injuries at $1,450 (I actually managed to kill a few people instead of them dodging all over the place) and City damage at $3,239. One Star'd, yeah!!!

Lol...I have 5 achievements left but I'm curious...I unlocked Shamus to the Stars upon Five-Starring the 20th case...is that supposed to happen? I had five starred every case before it, so I'm curious about this..

I just got Public Menace yesterday. $450,000. :woop:

I wrecked probably 20 fire trucks and easily 100-200 cars, had $2,000 in injuries, and $1,500 in city damage. I was so paranoid that by the time I got done playing the case (chose the first traffic case since it's a very short, simple one) that I wasn't going to have enough damage, so I went WAAAY overboard.

And on another achievement related note, 100% retail! :woop: All retail achievements are done, and played both currently released DLC cases just a couple hours ago for the first time since downloading them via the Rockstar Pass two weeks ago, all done. Sitting at 1200G waiting for the dates of the next two DLC cases to arrive. Thankfully not long to wait by now, at least for Nicholson.

I went on a massive tear getting the remaining achievements I had left. All since midnight EDT yesterday (the 14th), I completed The Fighting Sixth, Roscoe and Friends, Shamus To The Stars, Auto Fanatic, Public Menace, Hollywoodland, and The City of Angels. Then since midnight EDT today (the 15th, which it is currently 5:48 am EDT where I am), I have knocked out both DLC cases and all 10 related achievements. A hell of a 30 hours for me.

Edited by Smooth Pancakes

Getting all the vehicles is the worst....so annoying

I actually didn't find the vehicles bad at all. I racked up easily 80+ vehicles without even trying, then all but one of the remaining vehicles I still had to find were located in various cases.

The only one I didn't have and couldn't get easy in a case, was the Lincoln Contiental Convertible, which even then, I just completely randomly found driving down the street in Hollywood while replaying one of the Vice cases for the 5-star rating.

I just unlocked City of the Angels as the final achievement possible as of today (not including Reefer and Nicholson cases), and I have to say, while I still feel a sense of accomplishment, I feel like it wasn't as enjoyable as the Redeemed achievement from Red Dead Redemption, and therefore wasn't as satisfying. I thought the cars thing and the film reels quest were just tedious and more time-consuming than enjoyable gameplay.

Anyone else share my feeling of disappointment in a very minor sense? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Call me crazy but I found finding the 200 pigeons a LOT easier, quicker and funner than finding a few horses on Red Dead :p These last few cars could be a real bitch I have a feeling..the map is so huge on this game and some cars are probably rare and can only be found in certain areas at certain times :/ just my guess though don't take my word for it.

There's this thing called the Red Dead Wiki mate... ;) Pretty much nails all the GeeGee locations. The cars are proving to be an arse on this, though tbh I've not spent any real time hunting them as I'm enjoying the game too damn much. :Bounce:

Can't wait to play this next week on my week off from work, and even better my Xbox magazine has a achivement guide to get 800G by doing it in that order :-)

Started playing and it got on my nerves as I kept reading the magazine, and wasn't enjoying the game.

So I have decided to play the game with 1 run through, not bothering with achivements and after do a second run following the guide and in the process use a guide to get 5 star on each case.

• 2 weeks later...
I just unlocked City of the Angels as the final achievement possible as of today (not including Reefer and Nicholson cases), and I have to say, while I still feel a sense of accomplishment, I feel like it wasn't as enjoyable as the Redeemed achievement from Red Dead Redemption, and therefore wasn't as satisfying. I thought the cars thing and the film reels quest were just tedious and more time-consuming than enjoyable gameplay.

Anyone else share my feeling of disappointment in a very minor sense? :confused:

Somewhat yes and somewhat no. RDR seemed to go on a lot longer since things were so damn spaced out, and several of the things required to get 100% in RDR took quite a while (namely Poker and some of the quests). So yes, I did feel more accomplished when I aced RDR, but I simply enjoyed the experience of Noire a bit more.

Public Menace question...

Going to get the game soon and had a question about this one. I guess you're supposed to do this on a case replay, correct? What if you originally got 5 stars on the case and when you replay it to get this achievement all the damage causes you to get a low case rating? Does it then count against you and have to redo the case a third time to get the 5 stars again?

• 2 weeks later...