Social Achievement now impossible?

Rose Knight789

I don't want to dash anyones hope, but it's not looking for this achievement.Just take a look at the Cars race O rama thread.There is an unobtainable achievement that they have not fixed yet.It's been years now.There are many similarities between the solutions that both threads have tried.Emails just get a canned response...I may buy the game as its on sale, but im kind of put off by this situation.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I don't know if it's that exactly. The OP tried to get into it right after they bought it on sale and couldn't get it to work. Sounds like they should have just de-listed it instead of putting it on deep discount and making people think they were getting a fully functioning copy of the game.

I also e-mailed THQ a few days ago but haven't received a reply. I agree that we'll probably never see this problem resolved - very frustrating to say the least.

EDIT: Good news - as of 12pm EST on 1/10/13 the server was back up and running! I was able to enter an e-mail address at which I received an A2A registration. The bad news is that while you are redirected to Facebook, it appears the A2A page on Facebook is not responding at this time.

If you need this achievement, go register your e-mail so you can at least get your foot in the door!

Edited by DarthRandalNC

• 2 weeks later...

After three e-mails sent to THQ's "support" team as well as contacting them through Facebook I finally received the news most people are dreading:

"Unfortunately, this feature is no longer supported."

It's official - if you didn't get the Social Addict achievement before, the best you're gonna get is 190/200 and a big fat incomplete for your overall achievement percentage.

I did send a reply back about a patch to fix this problem or if the Facebook page will ever be up and running again at some point in the future. Gauging the amount of effort it took for THQ to send this simple seven word response I'm expecting them to get back to me sometime around the end of the year. :uzi:

EDIT: About ten minutes after I posted this I saw today's story that THQ is being dissolved. Guess that answers those questions.

Edited by DarthRandalNC

• 2 weeks later...