glitchy DX DLC achievements fix

Ok, so the HELP "Metal Sonic" achievement not unlocking thread details a fix for the people having trouble with the Sonic Adventure DLC stuff not unlocking. I am one of these people, I can't get these damned DLC achievements to work and I'm tired of trying to figure out why without autistic retards making up BS claiming its "YOU SAEV CORRUPTED", 'SEGAS SERVERS', or 'YOU'ARE NAT SETTINGS...' which is utter baloney.

x360a is the ONLY place where I've seen people resolve this issue.

The Metal Sonic thread is a mess and gets off topic a lot, but it says there was a fix at one point. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but there was no official patch for the game, the 'patch' Sega implemented was replacing the Sonic Adventure download meaning you have to delete and download the game again for the fixed version. You can tell which one you have based on the size of the game as it appears on your system. In a nutshell, if its 1.6 gb big you will probably get screwed. A newer fixed version was released that is 1.5 gb big. The 1.5 gb one will also allow you to unlock 2 of the bugged achievements if you already met the requirements on a save for the crappy broken version.

for the Dreamcast Collection version the DX DLC is compatable, but the DX achievements will glitch no matter what. The game save is interchangable with the XBLA version thankfully meaning you SHOULD be able to salvage your blood, sweat, and tears and get the DLC achievements (granted you get the non-buggy downloadable version).

currently the Sonic Adventure on XBLA will download to your system as a 1.6 gb file. Sure, it will say the game is 1.5 as its downloading, but it will appear as 1.6 gb on your system before its even finished downloading. As in somehow the buggy old version is back up for download.

Someplace somewhere, I came across a forum post that stated Sega 'fixed' Sonic Adventure because they were getting a lot of complaints about it. In other words, if you are experiencing problems go to

https://segaofamerica.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

and complain

Edited by Fried Cola

I just downloaded the 1.5GB file and it appeared as 1.6GB for me as well in my storage. I haven't started the game yet as I purchased it here with this sale this week but...I'm concerned, fearing that once I do everything these DLC achievements won't unlock...

Anyways, I'm just confirming I have the same issue with having a 1.6GB file appear on my console like yourself. Hopefully someone comes in here with a fix or answer...why it lies and says it's 1.5 on the Marketplace I don't know.

yeah the file size is really weird

its aggrivating to know that in the other thread Sega fixed it not too long ago and somehow the fixed version was taken down.

problem is in the game's coding somewhere conflicting with the DLC stuff. Some people have no problem with the DLC achievements, for others (like me) if you can't get 1 you won't get any no matter what is done even if you delete everything and restart. The 12 core achievements are no problem tho.

If you feel like taking a gamble, you could try blowing thorugh the mission mode as soon as you get access to it to see if the dlc screwed up on you too. :p

Edited by Fried Cola

I just downloaded the 1.5GB file and it appeared as 1.6GB for me as well in my storage. I haven't started the game yet as I purchased it here with this sale this week but...I'm concerned, fearing that once I do everything these DLC achievements won't unlock...

Anyways, I'm just confirming I have the same issue with having a 1.6GB file appear on my console like yourself. Hopefully someone comes in here with a fix or answer...why it lies and says it's 1.5 on the Marketplace I don't know.

So the glitch is back then . I downloaded the game when it went on sale in December and from that point on it was fixed , the size of the game then was 1.5gb. Now that another sale has come around they have clearly messed it up again. The best thing to do is wait until the sale ends and download it again and pray that it is the 1.5gb version because if it is the 1.6gb then your chances of getting those DX achievements are 0%

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The thing that bothers me is how annoying SEGA are being with this, they know the problem, they know how to fix it. I can't really see why they won't fix it, surely it would take a few minutes of their time.

I feel for you guys who haven't got it i really do, hopefully someone uploads the working version for you. Screw copyright issues, you paid for a something that is clearly broken, you have every right from this point to get it other ways.

The thing that bothers me is how annoying SEGA are being with this, they know the problem, they know how to fix it. I can't really see why they won't fix it, surely it would take a few minutes of their time.

I feel for you guys who haven't got it i really do, hopefully someone uploads the working version for you. Screw copyright issues, you paid for a something that is clearly broken, you have every right from this point to get it through other ways.

It costs a lot of money to release a patch for Xbox Live. $40k, I believe.

You can't really blame SEGA for not looking into it at those prices, even if a working version already existed at some point. If there's anyone to get angry at it's Microsoft, for charging so much to fix even the smallest of glitches.

They can make a simple FIX like all games have that will charge in the cache of the console. They don't need to remove the current version of the market to replace it by a new one. But it seems that sega is too stupid to make simple free updates...

Another solution is to remove the current market version and to set up the previous one.

Edited by Dobermann X

So I contacted sega the other day about the glitched achievments and I got this reply

Dear customer,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Europe.

We are sorry to read that you are experiencing an issue with the achievements.

To date, we have not received notification of other users encountering this kind of problem with this game’s achievements.

Most of the time issues with game achievements not being registered are related to a temporary disconnection from Xbox LIVE, even if it’s just for a moment, or to exiting the game directly using the guide button, without exiting the game and going back to the Main Menu. If any of these situations have occurred during the game sessions in which you met the conditions to gain the achievements, it is possible that the achievement hasn’t been registered correctly into your gamer’s profile.

Achievements are stored locally on your profile, but it is possible that they are not correctly synchronised with the Xbox LIVE servers. Probably your gamer profile sees the achievement as already unlocked and that’s why it doesn’t update the state of the achievement.

Thanks for the help sega -_-'

i've sent this to the SEGA UK Customer service

Hello,

The DX DLC for Sonic Adventure has a serious problem. It's achievements aren't unlockable even if we meet the requirements.

If we download the demo we download a 1.5GB file present on the Xbox Live Market since 2010. If we unlock it, instead of downloading a DRM to get full access to the game it downloads another file of 1.6GB. This file was added in 2012 (according to the Xbox Live Market).

See the xbox live website for the release date: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Sonic-Adventure/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a25

Now, the web have lots of forums complaining about this problem, and each time someone try to explain the problem to SEGA he get an answer like "nobody is encountering this problem, it must be you". You can chek those threads to see that it's not a few people it is EVERYODY who got the last version of Sonic Adventure.

The thread to show you that it is not the first time someone complain about this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=376199

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=301128&page=12

And the last message you sent to one of your Customer:

"Dear customer,

We are sorry to read that you are experiencing an issue with the achievements.

To date, we have not received notification of other users encountering this kind of problem with this game’s achievements.

Most of the time issues with game achievements not being registered are related to a temporary disconnection from Xbox LIVE, even if it’s just for a moment, or to exiting the game directly using the guide button, without exiting the game and going back to the Main Menu. If any of these situations have occurred during the game sessions in which you met the conditions to gain the achievements, it is possible that the achievement hasn’t been registered correctly into your gamer’s profile.

Achievements are stored locally on your profile, but it is possible that they are not correctly synchronised with the Xbox LIVE servers. Probably your gamer profile sees the achievement as already unlocked and that’s why it doesn’t update the state of the achievement."

I have two Xbox Live accounts. On the first one, i bought the game in 2010 and was able to get the achievements of the DX DLC (see: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Activity/Details?titleId=1480657445&compareTo=DeadGT). Now in 2013, i've downloaded the game with a new account and i can't unlock the DX DLC achievements (see: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Activity/Details?titleId=1480657445&compareTo=Dobermann X).

So, now it's up to you. Continue to tell people they are stupid or admit that the new file is bugged and update the game with the previous version of the file.

• 2 weeks later...

They say

"To date, we have not received notification of other users encountering this kind of problem with this game’s achievements" :confused:

WHAT ?????????

Plenty of people have told them about this issue, what they are saying is just a massive lie. People have been reporting this problem to them since the Dreamcast collection was released.

SEGA your customer support is awful, just like most customer supports.

Sorry guys but you may as well just give up, this won't ever be fixed because they just don't care. :mad:

I've got this answer to my mail on mai 10th:

Dear customer,

We have passed your question on to the relevant department.

If we receive any further news/ updates we will update the email accordingly.

If I can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

No news since this message. I'll start spamming them.