First review......

JohnnyBoosh

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch indeed! I was hoping this was going to be a good XBLA, or atleast a decent one, but that score is way too low :S

Still, gotta wait for more Reviews and also will try the demo.

:(

Was hoping the same myself.....Will see the next few reviews and give the demo a try before I buy....

was thinking about picking it up too,ether this or chopper lift hd,hmm from what i hear may wait on a few more reviews to come in,i know i may not get it for 800ms but if ,,,It it does go on sale for 400ms(no idea how long that will be ,not normally a cheap,but there is a lot coming out,got to budget right) ill 100% snap it up.had high hopes for this one.

whats the difficulty like Annalie ? how hard is hard for example ?,still cn't decide myself may get it later tonight :p

There are 3 difficulties, i tried on hard first. but i keep dying after 3 hits(got annoyed lol). so i switched to easy. and from what ive noticed you cant really die on easy if you're careful. but yea hard will be a challenge, for me at least.

So I just competed the demo. Thought I would give some thoughts seeing as it's getting mixed reviews. I can see how people can criticise it as the controls are abit off but the game does have a nice tense old school feeling about it. If you enjoyed the old Resident Evils and Silent Hills on PS1 you will get a kick out of this. Feels quite outdated but if you take it for what it is, at only 800 Ms points I think it's a cool little game. Probs a 7/10 but I would say unless you enjoyed and played alot of old survival horror games you won't like this. Nice for old school fans to relive old memories on a new game.

If you played the Demo, don't give a review based on it. That's exactly what it is, an introduction Chapter. The game starts in Chapter Two pretty much, it's some of the basic patterns (Hiding, shoving Amy down holes, sending her to hack 240 times like she's some wizard.) and you get Amy's abilities which is suppose to be really good but so far it's not proving too useful as you might as well bash the heads of the Zombies because you can't stealth them 80% of the time.

The game is beautiful, ignore the Screen Tearing and it's actually very well designed. The game is dark, gives a chilling feeling and has a few scares if you're using Turtle Beaches or a loud volume.

The thing that single handedly kills this game is the Checkpoint System, due to it the game's difficulty spikes intensely and not in a difficult way since it's trial and error, it's the time that it takes to get from Point A to Point B without messing up. It's about a 15 minute session if you don't run through it and it has to be pretty flawless (A little forgiveness if you failed Stealth on a Zombie since you can kill them, not a soldier or a big monster.) or you're done, back 15 minutes. Times this about 60 times and you finished one chapter of Amy. There's 6.

Once Outinthedark can confirm these achievements are Stackable the X/10 rating will be significantly lower and it will get a bonus with Video Walkthroughs. Without it, you're looking at an easy 8/10 simply in tediousness and the difficulty of the game later on.

Great game, the few flaws really can put the debate on the purchase or not.