Question about cheats and stunt jumps

osakamitsu

Well it definitely does save to an extent because if I use a car cheat, then save my profile with the phone, then reload my save I will be in the same spot with the same car I just used to spawn with the cheat.

So what if I use the cheat to spawn a vehicle, save, then reload? Will it save progress that way?

Also if I look at my stats it says I have 16 stunt jumps completed, which I used spawned vehicles to do at least 13 of those.

Well it definitely does save to an extent because if I use a car cheat, then save my profile with the phone, then reload my save I will be in the same spot with the same car I just used to spawn with the cheat.

So what if I use the cheat to spawn a vehicle, save, then reload? Will it save progress that way?

Also if I look at my stats it says I have 16 stunt jumps completed, which I used spawned vehicles to do at least 13 of those.

Seems much less risky to just buy vehicles from a website online and have them shipped to your garage. Assuming you've completed the story, you have more than enough money to buy any vehicle you want. If you use the best motorcycle, it's only $10k, so you could even buy one for each stunt jump if you wanted to. Much safer than worrying about using a cheat and the achievement not unlocking after all that work.

Seems much less risky to just buy vehicles from a website online and have them shipped to your garage. Assuming you've completed the story, you have more than enough money to buy any vehicle you want. If you use the best motorcycle, it's only $10k, so you could even buy one for each stunt jump if you wanted to. Much safer than worrying about using a cheat and the achievement not unlocking after all that work.

This, not worth cheating that may have a change of disabling an achievement.

Im asking not because I want to cheat but because I have already used spawned vehicles on jumps. I want to know if my progress is screwed. I have well over a 3 billion dollars between all 3 of my characters. I don't mind having the cars sent me but now I have 13 stunt jumps that are now in question. I dont want to risk anything but what is done is done.

Well if what's done is done, and you don't have another save without using a cheat, then do the remaining 34 stunt jumps you have left and let us know if you unlock the achievement. Although I highly doubt you will, because I'm pretty positive that using a cheat disables achievement for that session, and if you save while a cheat has been activated, that save can no longer get achievements. Probably to prevent people from doing exactly what you're doing.

Well if it doesnt work that way what do i do about the 13 or so jumps I did with spawned cars? So, I am screwed? I can't just redo the jumps right?

And I am confused... so my save file is screwed? or just my play session?

edit:

Found this info on google:

"Question: I heard that using cheat codes in GTA V disables achievements. Can I still earn achievements later after turning them off? How do I turn the cheats off? Does using cheats disable saving?

Answer: Saving is allowed when cheat codes are enabled but achievements are temporarily disabled. Entering the same cheat code twice will usually, but not always, disable the cheat.

Sometimes during specific areas of gameplay, specific cheats are temporarily not available. If you enter a cheat code when it is unavailable, the game will show the following message: "Cheat Denied: Cannot activate that cheat right now."

Starting a mission with off-mission cheat codes enabled will disable those cheats. Reloading a save or rebooting the console will reset all cheats and return the game to its previous state."

So my save file is fine. I just need to figure out if it's saving the stunts.

Edited by osakamitsu

Well if it doesnt work that way what do i do about the 13 or so jumps I did with spawned cars? So, I am screwed? I can't just redo the jumps right?

And I am confused... so my save file is screwed? or just my play session?

edit:

Found this info on google:

"Question: I heard that using cheat codes in GTA V disables achievements. Can I still earn achievements later after turning them off? How do I turn the cheats off? Does using cheats disable saving?

Answer: Saving is allowed when cheat codes are enabled but achievements are temporarily disabled. Entering the same cheat code twice will usually, but not always, disable the cheat.

Sometimes during specific areas of gameplay, specific cheats are temporarily not available. If you enter a cheat code when it is unavailable, the game will show the following message: "Cheat Denied: Cannot activate that cheat right now."

Starting a mission with off-mission cheat codes enabled will disable those cheats. Reloading a save or rebooting the console will reset all cheats and return the game to its previous state."

So my save file is fine. I just need to figure out if it's saving the stunts.

Well then it sounds like your best bet is to do the rest of the stunts during a session where you haven't enabled any cheats and see if you get the achievement.

Even if you don't get the achievement, finishing half of the stunt jumps will count toward your 100% achievement (at least, it should). Then worst case, you can get your 100% achievement, then start a new game and just do all of the stunt jumps right after the prologue. No need to play through again for 100%.