Reaching Lvl 50

ruck0

I finally made it to lvl 50, and I had a hell of a time trying to find any useful info on reaching there, so I came up with this.

1 - It is very time consuming, it will take anywhere from 10 - to 15hrs to reach 50 starting at 49 with no respect.

2 - robbing banks, hijacking trucks, starting a mob war and paying off police is the only way.

3 - after robbing a bank it takes around 48hrs of in game time to repair the bank to heist it again, 48hrs of in game time takes around 50 - 60min of real time.

4 - setup the banks so you can make round trips of all 6 banks in 1 go instead of waiting at each bank to finally be repaired, 6 banks heisted is 48k respect points.

5 - hijacking trucks give you 2k respect and killing the 3 guys that attack you including the guy you interagate gives you between 50 - 250 respect depending on what weapon you use and if you use an execution

6 - bribing cops gives you 250 respect

7 - bribing fbi on a mob war gives you 5k respect

8 - SAVE often, this game is glitchy and freezes, I learned the hard way a few times

What i did was set up the banks every hour or so and made a round trip, then would let the game sit for an hour or so and repeat the banks. Remember that at 12:00 am you get paid and the time doesn't continue until you press A button.

Hope this helps anyway trying to grab the last achievement for this game.

• 4 months later...

Also, you might want to consider buying the three extra Favor missions. They are only 63k Respect, but it helped me a bunch.

Update: Just finished mine. Honestly, the only way to get it is the things that ruck0 mentioned and a little help from the downloadable favors. I set up the banks where I would go: New Jersey, Little Italy, Brooklyn, and Midtown. If the banks were still closed, I jacked trucks near a safe house and just kept at it. It helps to chat with a friend to keep yourself from going insane. Also, a side note; killing the homeless guys gives you 100+ Respect for some reason.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know about how many experience points it takes to actually get to level 50?

I saw someone say around 800k but was wondering if there is an exact number or if it is somewhere around there.

I don't know the exact number but it's A LOT more than 800k. If I remember correctly just becoming Don of NYC gave me like 600k. If it was only 800k we'd all be 50's by now!

• 2 weeks later...

I found by doing everything that was avalible in the game;

- Missions

- Hits (with all the bonuses completed)

- Favours (including the three free downloads)

- Execution Styles

- Becoming the Don of NYC

- Buy Everything from the shop (around 50k exp) - Thanks Slice0226

And anything else you need to do for achievements, you'll get to the end with level 49 and be about half way to 50, this will require around 7 or 8 bank runs (robbing all six banks), and due to the banks taking a long time to respawn (around an 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours) this is a very time consuming achievement.

A real shame they added this achievement as it really made the last hours you spend with the game trully drag on.

I found by doing everything that was avalible in the game;

- Missions

- Hits (with all the bonuses completed)

- Favours (including the three free downloads)

- Execution Styles

- Becoming the Don of NYC

And anything else you need to do for achievements, you'll get to the end with level 49 and be about half way to 50, this will require around 7 or 8 bank runs (robbing all six banks), and due to the banks taking a long time to respawn (around an 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours) this is a very time consuming achievement.

A real shame they added this achievement as it really made the last hours you spend with the game trully drag on.

That is exactly how it played out for me. I became Don of NYC with my respect level 1/2 filled for 49 and did about 7 bank runs to hit level 50.

sort of amusing, really. i made it to level 50 no problem in the original xbox version. i think they rigged the 360 version to make it much, much harder.

i'm now currently at level 49, having done everything in the game.

ugh, finally did it.

got the don pack on xbox live. which seems totally cheap if you play through the whole game using that. the favors (especially the "defend the warehouse" one helped), and the clothes didn't hurt either. then spend a few hours over the course of a day or two robbing banks, and then briding cops and stealing racket trucks to pass the time while the banks came back.

starting mob wars and bribing the fbi agent only gave me 250 respect. not sure why.

oh, an prize fights are worth 1,000. if you're bored and there's no racket trucks around, that helps too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

An easy way to do it is to not take over any business till you are at the rank of Godfather

That way you get more exp from taking over the businesses and killing the guys guarding it.

Reach lvl 50 by taking the last business using this method

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can see the max Respect value on the Leaderboards. There is a section of respect there are listed in numeric format. I finished the game for a while but as far as I remember it was more that 3 million.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't know why I decided to visit the Godfather forum, but man, reading this topic brought back memories of this lol. Getting to 50 was such a grind. I played this game like literally all day for a week or more, took me from September 22 06 when it came out to October 2 06 to get all 835. 50 hours playtime in that span. I played it so much, and I was like number 4 on the leaderboard when I was done and one of the first to get 835 in it lol. I don't recall it taking at least 10 hrs to get from 49 to 50 tho

That was on a rental so long ago, I think I'm gonna buy it cheap and get the dlc for it, looks like fun. I loved this game

• 2 weeks later...

Here was my method of getting to 50. I'm not saying this was a quick way, mind you... this is grinding no matter how you go about doing it.

There is a save point Canal Street just north of the intersection of Canal and Broadway before Broadway becomes the highway to the Holland Tunnel. This hotel (can't remember the name) is strategically located near both Little Italy banks and a short drive from the Manhattan banks and New Jersey bank. It is also near what I called a racket truck spawn point.

So anyway, this save point was my home base so I could drop off racket trucks here and, well... save my game regularly to avoid glitchy crashes.

I leave the hotel, run south down the street on foot and bribe every cop I came across. Usually there was a few cops along the way. Once you get to that major intersection there are usually a few cops around on the street corners and almost always there is a racket truck going into or leaving the highway that goes west to the Holland Tunnel. Attack the truck and kill the guards, grab it and drive it up the road to your save point. The cops will ignore you if you have been keeping them bribed. Rinse and repeat.

This was my time killer between robbing the banks in Little Italy and Manhattan. It also isn't too far of a drive to New Jersey to grab that bank from this save point.

I only suggest this based on the reliability of the racket truck appearing. I was sick of driving around looking for them. The relatively abundant police presence was a nice little bonus and after several hours it finally popped. And the nearby dead end street was a great area to relieve frustration from the monotony by just standing back in the corner and shooting everything that moved on the main road! :uzi:

Edited by WesCoast
added street names

• 1 month later...
sort of amusing, really. i made it to level 50 no problem in the original xbox version

Haha, same for me but on PS2.

Tbh, I think it would be easier to just start a new game and then do everything at the end so that you have the higher respect modifier.

Might seem like a long way to do it, but at least it's varied tasks.