Master Sniper

Well this achievement is quite difficult but this thread was great help!!!

This is how I got MASTER SNIPER..... put the game on NORMAL and CHEATS on put the third level with the subway when you get the sniper rifle close to the exit of subway checkpoint kill the couple guys in the subway to practice your headshots....once you leave subway there will be a checkpoint and objective added saying "MEET UP WITH NATIONAL GAURD".Go to where the game directs you here comes achievement part there are snipers scattered across rooftops and a blimp shooting at you...first line up your head shots with the one eye you can see on the enemy shoot the snipers right above thier eye there should be six in all. Now you will have to shimmy across the way to the other building and doing so will cause the next set of guys to spawn...

So follow the method given in the earlier threads to line up your shot with the brim of thier helmet wait for them to be still for that brief second and fire but make sure that it is lined up with the brim of the enemies helmet...

If you killed all the guys and achievement does not unlock just reload checkpoint and continue to follow directions from this thread and you will get achievement.One more thing you know you hit a head shot on the snipers when theey fall backwards with thier knees bent and the other guys when thier helmet flies off....

Just to add I beat the game then went back for this achievement and a couple other ones but fairly simple after you know how to play.:locked

• 4 weeks later...

If this is of any help to anyone:

Tried for days to get this but it just wasn't giving. Tried every location that you get a sniper on every dificulty but nothing until;

Mission 6 (Storming the tower)

Easy

Start this from the main menu, fly down, pick up the sniper and just aim for the middle of their helmets and you should get it.

If this is of any help to anyone:

Tried for days to get this but it just wasn't giving. Tried every location that you get a sniper on every dificulty but nothing until;

Mission 6 (Storming the tower)

Easy

Start this from the main menu, fly down, pick up the sniper and just aim for the middle of their helmets and you should get it.

This is the method that worked for me. SCRIPT305 and LaraCroftAngel recommended aiming at the "lip" of the helmets.

I had tried at least ten times before, but after their tips I got it on the first try.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can confirm it will unlock on easy too, i kept trying on easy as on normal i was having no luck.

1/ Aim for the lip of the helmet/forehead

2/ If it does not unlock go back to dashboard and load in again

3/ Headshot number nine hit the glitched scenery ( a box i was peeking round ) and it never registered as a miss, two more headshots then it unlocked!!!!

good luck as this is the most irritating achievement i have had in ages.

Dont give up!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, just got it on EASY. After multiple attempts of trying to shoot the very top of their helmets, on Act 3 Chapter 6 of course, where you parachute down to the tower, I then decided to try and do some other tips as other people suggested like shooting the lip of their helmets, so then I just kept aiming for their forehead basically, and sure enough, bam.:uzi::eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

After much frustration I just finally got Master Sniper. I tried aiming for the lip of the helmet/forehead and wasn't having any luck on Act 3: Chapter 1. I restarted my Xbox, and sat through the TV report cutscene at the very beginning and sure enough the lip of the helmet method worked first time I let that cutscene finish. My settings were easy difficulty with cheats enabled. Hope this helps somebody.

• 7 months later...

Master Sniper

Worked on EASY for me, used the tactic of mission 6, had to restart a number of times but eventually worked.

Make sure you use the sniper, aim at helmets and it should unlock.

But a very random achievement, took an hour for me, yet all my shots looked like headshots.

One of the most poorly coded games I have ever played, shot detection is appallingly bad.

I hope my comment helps.

I tried numerous times on Level 6 with easy, normal and a few times on hard no luck.

Then I tried Level 3-Subway section with the Gewher no luck. Then I pressed on until you can pick up the Vampire Gewhar with red sight. I then sniped the I believe 4 or 5 VG guys to finish the area then I proceeded to leave and progressed through the story until they ask you to kill the snipers. TAKE YOUR TIME they do not move. Then I finished up all rooftop / high level rooms with the VG. I aimed for the light of their rifle looks like a big white circle when in tracking / red mode. And proceeded to kill them.

Notes:

1. I did the bridge between check points without reloading the game or dieing, doing so may not offer enough guys to kill but it should.

2. I did reload as it only holds 6 rounds

3. I am almost certain I missed a shot or two.

4. I did this on Normal

5. I did this without cheats enabled

6. I wiped the cache before loading / inserting the game.

7. I did not update the game, in fact I unplugged my network cable to avoid logging in. I'll update when needed to play and finish MP achieves.

• 8 months later...

Ok I finally got this today.

After trying many different guns, times, and levels I came back on here again to read more about it.

I did this on level 6 (First level of Act 3) on Easy.

Go forward immediately and get the sniper rifle.

Stay back as there is no need to move up. Just start sniping. Take your time and make smart shots.

Like folks said above aim for the lid of their helmets.

I got headshots on the first 10 and the achievement popped right away.

Make sure you see their helmets come off.

Now time to gring 2500 kills to finally put this one to bed :uzi:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been trying for this achs for a few hours now, and I just noticed something, the Nazi'a helmets pop off no matter what, I shot one in the foot, and his helmet still popped off.

So helmets coming off have nothing to do with headshots.

Edit: Oh thank god! I finally got it in the third level, after getting a headshot on the last sniper.

Edited by Earthbound_X

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got it at the rooftop level, beginning of act 3. I only picked off the guys at the stationary guns, aiming at the lip of the helmet. You can get around 6 kills from these gunners, but after waiting a minute or two, you will get a "objective complete!" text, and then there will be more soldiers at the right side stationary gun. Then I just finished a few more headshots and got the achievement. I was playing on easy.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got this achievement. I got it on Mission 6, 'Storming the Tower' (the only where you land on the rooftop).

I took the advice from comments posted here and on Trueachievements and ignored the turret gunners.

• I didn't have any cheats activated.
  • I unlocked this on Easy.
  • I don't know if this played a part or not, but when I loaded the level from the chapter select, I did not skip the cutscene (the news broadcast). I just let it play through.
  • I aimed for the general helmet area, not the face (some were hit at the very top of the helmet, some along the brim area, but I never aimed directly at the face).
  • I didn't miss any shots.
  • I didn't manually reload at all; I let the gun reload after running out of bullets.

First, I shot the enemy that was on the walkway on the left side from where you pick up the Gewehr 49 (the one that throws grenades that keeps ducking behind cover). Then I shot all the enemies that appear at the back right (by the door and turret, I think three of them). I also picked off a couple of guys that were on the above walkway on that side. By that time, another guy had appeared on the left walkway, so I shot him.

Then I moved left and got the guys that were at the back left (maybe three of them, and again, ignoring the turret gunner) and a few guys on the above walkway. So on that side, there were maybe six enemies total. The only remaining enemies were the two turret gunners, and I've killed about 12-13 enemies as of now.

I waited around for about 30 seconds (taunting the turret guys) and it finally said "Objective Complete". Then they started pouring out of the door (about 8-10 of them total in waves of two). The achievement unlocked on the last enemy that had come out of the doorway. I didn't shoot the two turret gunners at all.

It was definitely more than 10. More like 20 or so. Either that or I missed a headshot (damn hit detection) and the count restarted early on, but every shot hit something and I swear I hit the head with every shot. From what I could see, about 95% of the helmets came off. There may have been a couple that didn't, but it was hard to see the guys on the above walkway since it's darker up there. Every guy's helmet in the courtyard definitely flew off. Again, helmets come off if you shoot a guy in the foot, so I really don't know if that has any bearing on whether the game counts it as a headshot or not.

I had to reload the checkpoint only once today (I've been trying on and off for over a year to get this achievement).

Playing on Easy gives you unlimited time to line up your shot. Just take it slow and hopefully this achievement won't take long.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

i believe this is the sure fire way to get this one. i have spent over 10 hours no joke trying to get it on the London tower level but that failed. so here is what i did. load up act 2 chapter 5 its the D.C level the one where you go in the white house. progress through like normal pick up a non assault rifle one that shoots like a bullet at a time. progress like normal til you reach the inside of the white house building now start shooting at there nose. this is what i did i got it in 10 kills i believe or it did not feel like much more it was not 15 for sure. after 10 hours of work this part i get it my first try the key is shoot there nose they tend to make a scream if you shoot there nose too i hope this helps give it a shoot.

Edit: i did it on easy all cheats try and keep track restart if you dont think you got 10 after the 1st checkpoint in the white house