could you help me out by answering a few questions about trophies

jandancer33

i'm writing an article for a web site and need to better understand ps3 trophies, and how they compare with xbox achievements.

it would be a great help if as many people as possible would answer the few questions below.

thanks in advance

TROPHY QUESTIONAIRE

1) Without checking, can you tell me 'roughly' how many trophies you have?

2) When you buy a new game, do you check the trophy list to see what the challenges are?

3) Have you looked online for walkthroughs or guides, to help you achieve trophies?

4) Will you repeat the same act or level in a game, if you miss the trophy first time around?

5) Will you buy and play a game that you do not enjoy, simply because the trophies are easy to achieve?

6) Which one of the following statements applies to you?

a) I do not care about trophies. I do not check them, or attempt to achieve them.

b) I do, sometimes, check the trophies in a game, and will make some effort to achieve them, but will not go out of my way to earn them.

c) I always check the trophies, I will go online and look for help to earn them. I will buy a game if I know the trophies are easy to achieve.

TROPHY QUESTIONAIRE

1) Without checking, can you tell me 'roughly' how many trophies you have? About 1060

2) When you buy a new game, do you check the trophy list to see what the challenges are? Yes

3) Have you looked online for walkthroughs or guides, to help you achieve trophies? Yes. (PS3T, X360A's sister site.)

4) Will you repeat the same act or level in a game, if you miss the trophy first time around? Yes. But not immediately after. I'll finish the game first and obtain the missed one on my second playthrough.

5) Will you buy and play a game that you do not enjoy, simply because the trophies are easy to achieve? No. I only games I know (or hope) I'm going to enjoy. However, I've won a few games, and one of them (Saw II), I only played it because of the trophies.

a) I do not care about trophies. I do not check them, or attempt to achieve them.

b) I do, sometimes, check the trophies in a game, and will make some effort to achieve them, but will not go out of my way to earn them.

--> c) I always check the trophies, I will go online and look for help to earn them. I will buy a game if I know the trophies are easy to achieve.
(Do want to add though, I don't seek help for every single trophy. Not to mention, I don't buy a game because of easy trophies, as mentioned earlier.)

Answer in red ;)

1) 1,058 if I recall correctly.

2) Yes. Normally the trophy list is out before the game & if not, the achievement list is almost always out. I'll look up trophy difficulty, time to platinum, missable & glitched trophies to make sure I can get everything easily.

3) Yes. I use trophy guides quite whenever I need help. I also use them to make sure I avoid glitches & missable trophies. I even (75%.:p) wrote one.

4) I would but I go out of my way not to miss them.

5) Sometimes. It depends on the game. I've played about four games for trophies but I would draw the line at Hannah Montana, Megamind etc while I wouldn't mind playing Terminator. In other words, easy trophies may convince me to buy a mediocre game as long as I'll mildly enjoy the game.

6) Inbetween B & C. If I had to choose a letter I'd go for B.

Edited by FootballPsycho

1) Around 1,050

2) Sometimes, depends on how story based that game is. I wouldn't with a story based game for fear of spoilers but would with a strictly enjoyable game such as Just cause 2.

3) Yes, if i'm having trouble with some trophies I will check online.

4) Yes but only after finishing that playthrough, not straight away. Depends on the game also.

5) No. I rented Prince of Persia once for trophies and thought it was awful.

6) B.)

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Only around 250.

2) No but I'll check once I've finished the game.

3) Yes, for example, with stuff like the collectibles in the Uncharted games I've used guides.

4) Yes.

5) No. I done that with achievements when I was just about to hit 100k but now I've done that I don't care so much about inflating my score on anything with junk.

6) Somewhere between B & C, leaning more toward B. When I'm playing the story for the first time it would be a B but after that I like to try and get as many as possible in a game.

1) I think I have around 1,244.

2) I have a quick look once I've started playing.

3) If I'm stuck or don't know how to get a trophy I'll check a guide on PS3T.

4) I will, but I'll finish my current playthrough first.

5) I won't buy a game just because it has easy trophies. If I buy a game I thought I would enjoy and it turns out I don't, I'll try to get as many trophies as I can on it before I get too bored.

6) Mostly B, but I do look for help if needed.

TROPHY QUESTIONAIRE

2) When you buy a new game, do you check the trophy list to see what the challenges are?

3) Have you looked online for walkthroughs or guides, to help you achieve trophies?

4) Will you repeat the same act or level in a game, if you miss the trophy first time around?

5) Will you buy and play a game that you do not enjoy, simply because the trophies are easy to achieve?

c) I always check the trophies, I will go online and look for help to earn them. I will buy a game if I know the trophies are easy to achieve.

1. 471 Trophies

2. Yes, I do the same thing with 360 Games, and if the game has hard achievements/trophies it doesn't affect my decision to buy the game

3. Yes, PSTTrophies and Gamefaqs

4. Yes

5. No, I buy games I know I will Enjoy

6. I try to earn as many trophies as I can for every game.

If you have anymore questions just ask me.

i'm writing an article for a web site and need to better understand ps3 trophies, and how they compare with xbox achievements.

it would be a great help if as many people as possible would answer the few questions below.

thanks in advance

TROPHY QUESTIONAIRE

About 1500 trophies.

Not really. I don't want any spoilers. If it's a collection of a game I already played like God of War Collection, then yes. Zone of The Enders C. is a collection I never played before so I won't look at the trophies/achievements until I have played the game.

Yes, if I can't do a specific trophy/achievement by myself, then I look at online guides for an strategy. If I already finished the game, and there's a secret/hidden trophy/achievement, then I look here to know what it's about.

Once I beat the game.

Hard to answer honestly. I'm open for many genres so as long it has decent or great scores, that's what it matters to me. It doesn't matter if it has impossible trophies.

You're pretty ;)

Answers in red

thanks in advance

TROPHY QUESTIONAIRE

1) Without checking, can you tell me 'roughly' how many trophies you have? 2380

2) When you buy a new game, do you check the trophy list to see what the challenges are? rarely

3) Have you looked online for walkthroughs or guides, to help you achieve trophies? Of course

4) Will you repeat the same act or level in a game, if you miss the trophy first time around? Of course

5) Will you buy and play a game that you do not enjoy, simply because the trophies are easy to achieve? not ever

None of the above