There has been some talk of doing a prequel series and the potential of the show going beyond the books, that's probably down to the length of time they take him to write, so yeah I see it going further and further from the books. Especially with him on board, he can kind of look at it now in hindsight and be like, hmmm I should have done this instead and now he can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, from what I saw last night I think I'm right about them really committing to moving away from the books. I get the feeling that certain characters are going to live a lot longer then they did in the books.

Overall I think that is a great idea. The show could end up being much better then the books. However, there are some things that need to stay the same. One thing they changed last night that I wasn't happy with:

[spoiler=13212]Dany really shouldn't know who Barristan Selmy is right away. Her not knowing who he really is and just knowing him as Arstan Whitebeard was pretty important in the books. Still in the long run it really isn't a big deal.

He won't stay there.

Note: not a spoiler...can mean many things...

Yeah I don't expect him to. Having said that, I didn't expect Ned Stark to stay in King's Landing's dungeons for very long, and he ended up losing his head... I really like Davos as a character so I hope he doesn't find himself with a similar problem.

Heard that the producers/director of the show just wanted to get to Season 3 as those people that have read the books would know, Book 3 is where all the good stuff happens.

Yeah they've said before if they could get far enough to a certain event that takes place in book three they'd be happy. Of course that doesn't mean they'll stop there ;)

Let's just hope that GRRM doesn't take too long to finish the last books or else the show will catch up to the books.

GOOD! Bitch sold one of her dragons. Hopefully she trades the dragon because she plans on calling him to her or some crap once she sets sail. Total dick move, but the leader of the slave city is a total dick so they kind of counteract each other.

Heh Heh Heh...When you posted this it told me you hadn't read the books.

Now that the episode that shows you what was really going on has aired what do you think?

Daenarys is a badass. The only person in the books more badass then her is Arya Stark.

[spoiler=123]Her only mistake is not getting to Westoros sooner. Starting a totally unrelated war across the narrow sea slows her down and drains her forces. However, it does still teach her some valuable lessons about being a Queen. Still, its disappointing that her nephew (the rightful heir to the Iron Throne) gets to Westoros first.

Khaaaleeeeessseeeeeeeee, fucking awesome

When she said she'd trade a dragon the week before, I knew she was planning something.

One does not simply trade a dragon for 8000 slaves...

Also, what's the deal with Theon? Without spoiling too much, of course... the guy helps him escape, kills the guards in the woods, and then... leads him back?

I must be missing something.

Edited by Skillet

When she said she'd trade a dragon the week before, I knew she was planning something.

Also, what's the deal with Theon? Without spoiling too much, of course... the guy helps him escape, kills the guards in the woods, and then... leads him back?

Its a form of psychological torture. Without spoiling to much, the Bolton bastard's entire plan is to break Theon down and turn him into what the bastard wants him to be.

Heh Heh Heh...When you posted this it told me you hadn't read the books.

Now that the episode that shows you what was really going on has aired what do you think?

Daenarys is a badass. The only person in the books more badass then her is Arya Stark.

Ya, I don't read :p I'll get around to it eventually, maybe. Glad I was kinda right, more glad that it was more epic than I expected. I shouldn't be surprised though, this whole season has been awesome so far.

Also, I've already been a fan of Arya, so I'm down for he being more of a badass in the episodes to come ^^ Hell I can say that about pretty much every character now..

I was a little worried lol, I always liked the character and her story more than the others, It always bothered me though that I felt she had all this power but never really did anything drastic with it, that last episode was a fantastic introduction of bad ass Khalees!

As for Theon...no idea what that's all about, will likely find out next episode! I did notice the guy was the guy from Misfits (UK show) which is cool.

As for Theon...no idea what that's all about, will likely find out next episode! I did notice the guy was the guy from Misfits (UK show) which is cool.

You may not find out what is going on with Theon for a long time. A lot of the stuff that is going to happen to him cannot be shown on TV. Even on HBO. So they will likely skip to the end result once its time and just tell you what happened.

In the books Margaery is basically supposed to be the most beautiful woman in Westoros if not the entire world. I was actually a little disappointed in their choice of actresses initially.

Sounds like Emilia Clarke should`ve been Margaery then. But then again I can't see anyone else playing Khaleesi. She and Robb Stark's wife (not sure of her name) are the most beautiful women on the show in my opinion.