The best Kinect PlayFit games/activites for calories.

yamayamayaamaa

They added a game to it this week. Adidas My Coach or something like that. They would add that and not Just Dance 4. They have two other Just Dance games but I don't own those. Not interested in getting them either. You'd think it would come before something that very few people probably own. Not sure how the games are even picked for it though.

Edit:I haven't opened JD4 yet(it's one of the games in my backlog) so maybe it does count the total calories even though it isn't on the list.

Edited by Thomas001122

• 2 weeks later...

Nike+ Kinect Training should be added to this list. I'm not exactly sure the best way to boost calories for this, but I think it is probably playing Dodgeball over and over again. It will count even if you are just sitting in a chair in front of the TV, but your calorie count doesn't go up that quickly with that method.

Yeah, Kinect Party counts as a separate game in Kinect PlayFit even though it's not officially supported. I played Happy Action Theater, Junk Fu, and Kinect Party and was able to get the achievement for playing three games.

So did you game counter go up by 1 playing kinect party? It didnt with me so ive no idea if i can get the 3game achievement

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I made this thread to help organize the best activities in each game to add PlayFit calories. Any help would be greatly appreciated and will be added to this post. I'll be taking info from the other thread and adding it into this thread also.

Official games:

Big League Sports

- Doesn't Work?

Deepak Chopra's Leela

-"Once you get Leela, do ONLY the "PLAY" side if you want any calories to count." (tmnterminator)

-"Leela: I've burned over 500 on Leela alone from just two sessions... try the harder ones on play, or do the last two on "sequence". I think intuition and power are the big 'burners'." (Dalek Nation)

-"as soon as I got to "Power", it jumped way up, and "Love" is giving just as many. " (DragonessAthena)

Dance Central 2

-"The calorie count isn't so much registered by movement but by song and difficulty" (Thee Elf)

Happy Action Theater

-Director Mode?

Junk Fu

-Just play as is.

Kinect Disneyland

-Works but don't know which specific minigame is the best.

Kinect Sports Season 2

-"I'd say an average of about 30 calories can be had completing a football game or tennis game (3 sets) as well. Darts is the worse, and skiing gives very little as well" (tmnterminator)

Kinect Star Wars

-"Even if you boot up Galactic Dance off right away without leaving the play area, you will sign in as a guest if you just continue. You HAVE to wave on sign in and choose your profile AGAIN before the song starts." (Benmahalf X)

-"it burns around 300 per completed story, so play through the story twice and you'll hit your 600 or should" (Adork4ble)

Let's Cheer!

-Works but don't know which specific minigame is the best.

Sesame Street Once Upon a Monster

-"when i got the calories to register it was on one of the mini games in chapter 2 or 3" (Blarghinator)

Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012

-Works but has same problem as Star Wars with the Kinect ID.

-"Keep activities short to lesson your chance at having the entire activitie's calories forfeited" (Dalek Nation)

Unofficial games:

Just Dance 3

-Adds total calories but doesn't count toward the "600 calories in 4 games" achievement.

Just Dance Greatest Hits

-Adds total calories but doesn't count toward the "600 calories in 4 games" achievement.

Just thought it would be good to add that most the kinect gems will count for this app all of which are required to level up to level 10 and average 400-600 calories per completion so no need to grind for the four 600 cal games when you could work on something a bit more naturally :)

A side note not all would grant you easy calories such as darts and field goal contest

Got my burn 100 calories in two games and I havent played a single supported game so im assuming that the gems would work for 600 calories will post if they do once I get to that point 2/4 currently

GEMS THAT WORK

Field goal contest - at least 300-400 calories by level 10

3 point contest - 400-500 calories by level 10

GEMS that DONT work

Penalty Saver

Would be really nice if you could update the list so that everyone doesnt have to read through everyones posts :)

Edited by that505guy

• 2 months later...

Edit: I finally figured this game out. The only way you're gonna burn calories is by idling in the monster attack mini-game. I've since earned 371 calories since this post earlier by just sitting on my bed while I let the game run in the background. I've walked out of my room a couple times and it still counted calories. The game rewards you for doing nothing instead of actually doing something. :confused: Go figure.

I know this is an old post, but thought I would ask anyway. How long did you let it idle to get 371 calories? Before I saw this post, no matter what I did (or so it seemed) when I checked Kinect PlayFit, I would get 1 calorie for this game - uggghhhh!

Were you in Director mode or not? Maybe it doesn't matter. I am now trying your monster idling and I will see what kind of time to calorie ratio there is, I hope it is not horrible.