Rejected LE Controller Designs... Much Better Than What Were Getting!

Genesis x360a

Hey folks,

I've just seen this post over on Facebook from Xbox UK and they've posted a picture of the rejected LE Controller Designs...

I personally think all of them are better than the design they ended deciding on. I would of dropped my £40 on the controller if they decided on the Puzzle Design.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=1527&pictureid=15383

If those legitimately were designs that were rejected, and not just something some fan came up with, the right decision was made. The rejected ones all look awful, while the chosen one actually fits in with the game! And there is absolutely no way the classic Lara one would have gotten approved anyway. I kind of doubt Microsoft would approve a design that had you effectively playing with her nipples.

If those legitimately were designs that were rejected, and not just something some fan came up with, the right decision was made. The rejected ones all look awful, while the chosen one actually fits in with the game! And there is absolutely no way the classic Lara one would have gotten approved anyway. I kind of doubt Microsoft would approve a design that had you effectively playing with her nipples.

Relics and Puzzles have been a staple of the Tomb Raider world/universe since Tomb Raider so I don't see how they don't fit in with the game.... And yes they're legitimate designs, the picture was posted by Xbox UK on their Facebook page. Its not a Fan made page.

I can see why the Classic Lara one wouldn't have been approved but the others are good looking designs which fit in more than a bandage around one of the grips imo.

Yes, but not THIS game.

3-4 of games achievements are tied to finding Relics, so yes relics are still a staple of the TR franchise and I will state my life on it that there are tombs and puzzles in this game. Tomb Raider wouldn't be tomb raider if they got rid of the puzzles and tombs. So again the designs fit perfectly with the game.. Just saying.

Of course, the relics are nothing like what they've been like in previous games. They aren't fancy, bejeweled, shiny objects. They're real-world archeological artifacts. For example, one is a mortar and pestle. Not exactly the kind of thing the relic controller reflects.

And don't expect the puzzles to be elaborate mechanisms a la previous games (in the style of the controller) either. Again, the game is more real-world than previous titles, and those complex cog mechanisms are a thing of fantasy, not reality.

So again, for past TR games those controllers may have worked, but not this one. The designs were rejected for a reason.

Edited by jswartz0181

While it has little to do with the game as far as I can tell I like the relic one for how it looks. Would probably get it just as a controller.

I'm not sure if I get what is going on with the puzzle controller, why is the right joystick detached? and what is with the other gear?

And the Classic Lara is just silly.

The puzzle one has no sort of connection to Tomb Raider. Would be good for another game. (I see that i think Little Big Planet). The relic look way too bright and silly. The classic suit also looks silly. I dont even like the one they chose. I would have prefered a logo or a side on view of lara on one side. Like the cover of the box art.

http://cdn0.spong.com/pack/t/o/tombraider381625l/_-Tomb-Raider-Xbox-360-_.jpg