AvP: Achievement Guide + Roadmap

cra

you can manualy save, however it saves the progress since the last checkpoint and once you reload you restart at the checkpoint. dunno why they implented it. if you save on nightmare and reload you start at the beginning of the level.

added more information. hopefully that satisfies the critics :) for today

Edited by cra

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can manualy save, however it saves the progress since the last checkpoint and once you reload you restart at the checkpoint. dunno why they implented it. if you save on nightmare and reload you start at the beginning of the level.

added more information. hopefully that satisfies the critics :) for today

I did not know this thanks! haha

What would you say is the best race so far?!

Cause I'd love play as a Predator.

Great guide so far!!! :woop:

pred sucks in the first 2missions as the nice, handy gagdets are missing to kill aliens without much effort. will be a real nightmare...

so far i like the feeling as alien the best.

edit: wow finished pred on hard...fighting a pred alien sucks without spear gun. will tackle alien on nightmare and do marine tomorrow.

Edited by cra

pred sucks in the first 2missions as the nice, handy gagdets are missing to kill aliens without much effort. will be a real nightmare...

so far i like the feeling as alien the best.

edit: wow finished pred on hard...fighting a pred alien sucks without spear gun. will tackle alien on nightmare and do marine tomorrow.

Aiight, good to know. Thanks for the info. :)

Jesus. NIGHTMARE is VERY hard! My god is it hard, I actually think I might just pass the Nightmare achievements up, I saved it & overwritten the old save. Even when I died I quit & went "Continue" and it still brought me back to the beginning of the level so I don't know wtf happened there. Also did you hit "New Game" or just Select Mission & change difficulty?

just finished alien on nightmare. what a pain...quite easy but the 3 preds in the end...

i use select mission and then choose the new difficulty for the level i want to play.

well alien levels are quite fast if you know the levels. hm something between 20-30min for mission 1-4 and 40+min for mission 5. alone the 3 preds took 20min to die. so i think that pred and marine take around 45min per mission.

Edited by cra

just finished alien on nightmare. what a pain...quite easy but the 3 preds in the end...

i use select mission and then choose the new difficulty for the level i want to play.

well alien levels are quite fast if you know the levels. hm something between 20-30min for mission 1-4 and 40+min for mission 5. alone the 3 preds took 20min to die. so i think that pred and marine take around 45min per mission.

Riiight...so I'm expected to risk 45 minutes with every attempt at every mission? I believe I'll pass on this game.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1074/-oKRYw==.jpgGrim Reaper - 15 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Harvest all available civilians in the Alien Campaign

- Mission 1 Research Lab:

Once you freed your brthers/sisters you enter some hallways with 2floors. You'll notice a civilian on the top level in a closed room. Haven't found a way in yet.

That guy doesn't count, you can't harvest people in the first mission (this is story related).

Fyi, if you miss somebody you can replay chapters, you don't need to get them all in one play. And you can change the difficulty. You get the achievement instantly when you harvest the last civilian, independent of the mission you are.

I started the marine campaign on nightmare, but after several unsuccessful attempts I started again on hard, which is a huge difference. I'm not dying very often, but to do the whole level again sucks a bit ;) And the marine levels are really long, and I've come to several really challenging situations... I don't think I'll try nightmare soon :(

That guy doesn't count, you can't harvest people in the first mission (this is story related).

Fyi, if you miss somebody you can replay chapters, you don't need to get them all in one play. And you can change the difficulty. You get the achievement instantly when you harvest the last civilian, independent of the mission you are.

thx but updated it prior to your posting :)

I'd like to know what the differences are between the difficulties - for instance do the enemies have more health? On Nightmare do you have the same health as normal for instance, and the lack of checkpoints is the only change?

Cra can you elaborate?

Just finished campaign on hard, after trying several times on nightmare. There seems to be no difference in difficulty or health, but the missing checkpoints make the difference. There are some really tough and challenging moments where I died several times even on hard.

Some advices would be:

- play first playthrough on normal/hard to learn the levels (as cra already mentioned)

- always keep your distance! As long as the enemy isn't close enough you're fine. In close combat you seem to have no real chance, even with blocking. Exploding Alienheads make it worse :D

- always go for headshots

Hope this helps a bit

since i haven't played normal at all, all i can say that nightmare is the same as hard without checkpoints. maybe there are more enemies than on normal, but thats a guess.

@mikey

give it a try, it sounds worse than it is(alien experience). if you played the missions 3-4 times on hard you know how to get through without trouble and you get faster.