IMPORTANT Information For The 1000 People Online Event

Minty

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/news/nbalive07.jpg

Whilst I have been setting this up, I have seen so many different theories of what counts as someone online, what doesn’t count, what might count etc, that I thought it would be a good idea to make this as simple for everyone as possible.

We know that a lot of people will be using the time around the event to play the other online games they need. However, PEOPLE PLAYING ONLINE GAMES DON’T COUNT – YOU NEED TO BE IN A LOBBY ROOM. So please, during the time, stay in a lobby. If you go into a game, not only could we potentially lose some people towards the total- but you may not get your achievement either.

How To Get Into a Lobby.

I know this sounds dumb, but people have been asking the question, so I may as well explain it. This is the easiest way for you to know you’re in the right place.

When NBA Live 07 loads, Press Start and go to Xbox Live.

From here, select Game Modes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Minty69/photo-1.jpg

Then Lobbies.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Minty69/photo2.jpg

You will see a list of Game Rooms. The generic EA ones are at the top, and on the day we will have x360a ones set up (should be in the region of 15 of them). Pick an x360a one, or another one if you can’t get in....then sit back, relax and wait for the unlocking!

Controllers

A lot of people believe that you can have 4 accounts signed in on 4 controllers and that counts as 4 people online. THIS IS NOT TRUE. The developers have confirmed that only one account per xbox will register as online. This has been tested by us, and appears to be accurate. Please note- whilst everything certainly appears that having 4 accounts plugged in on one xbox doesn’t work, if you have more than one controller, by all means plug it in just in case the developers got it wrong or anything. Highly doubtful, but if it turns out to work and we get 4000 people online, we’re laughing!

So to clarify – multiple Xboxes with multiple accounts works, but as far as we know the most accounts per xbox at a time in one.

Site Awards

On the day there will be multiple x360a rooms hosted. These are the best places to be if you want site awards ;). First of all, any current member that unlocks the achievement on this day will qualify for the NEW site award for NBA Live 07. If you are in an x360a room, the ‘Room Leader’ will be making notes of gamertags in their room. Please let them know your forum name as well, as this will speed the process up (remember, we could potentially have over 1000 awards to give out here so it may take some time :p). Now, we will also give the award to people that showed up for our first attempt. Now obviously we can’t check your achievement time for this, so you will HAVE to be in an x360a room and give the leader your gamertag and forum name to qualify. If we don’t see you on their list, we can’t give the award. Now, we also want to have this event running for an hour to give as many people the chance to get it as possible. So once the room leaders have taken down names at the start, they will also be checking these off at the end of the hour. Anyone that stays will be entered into a prize draw. These obviously only apply to x360a members signed up before the event. And because we’re nice, anyone with both NBA Live Awards will be entered into a separate prize draw as a thank you for supporting the community.

Now all that is left for you to do is tell everyone you know, and then show up! And then wait for the magical sound as you unlock one of the most elusive achievements out there!

AND REMEMBER - PLEASE LOG ON FOR THE HOUR so we give as many people as possible this achievement :). And just in case your forgot, the start times are:

7PM: Central Europe (GMT +1)

6PM: UK (GMT)

1PM: US Eastern (GMT -5)

Noon: US Central (GMT -6)

11AM : US Mountain (GMT -7)

10AM : US Western (GMT -8)

Room Information

The following gamertags will be hosting the official x360a rooms. These are the ones people should be aiming to fill first, and these will be the ones you MUST be in if you are helping out after getting the achievement in 2007 (so we can give you the award).

Minty x360a

Webb x360a

Krazie x360a

Creech x360a

CoraPrincesses (Creech's weekend account. Don't ask :p)

Jackanape

Roxy x360a

Cru x360a

Hippacrocapig (Genesis x360a)

Gackt x360a

Filter x360a

Cacky x360a

Matt x360a

Bishop024

Gooner Keano

Dakisbac x360a

Method x360a

Steve50013

Bplayak

Pashos x360a

The rooms will be named 'x360a Minty', 'x360a Webb' etc. If you go in one where the name doesn't match up, or the gamertag isn't on the list above, it is not an official x360a one :)

Please send the host of your room a private message on through the site which includes your gamertag. If you already have the achievement from the last attempt, please let them know so they can enter you in the prize draw as well ;)

The rooms will all be open an hour before hand, some will be open longer (I will set mine up at least three hours before). Then all you have to do is sit back and wait for the achievement to pop ;).

PLEASE REMEMBER TO STAY FOR AN HOUR AFTER THE START SO WE CAN GET THE ACHIEVEMENT FOR AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE!!

http://www.countdown2zero.com/mscd.php?code=c3ff3

EDIT:

Now to all those asking about pads going to sleep - I have no way of knowing unfortunately. I would recommend you don't let it happen to be safe. So please make sure you use a wired/wireless on plug and play to ensure batteries don't run out. Also, when you have made it into the lobby, move your http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/ls.png to one side, and then secure it with a rubber band. This should stop you going idle.

Like I said, going idle may have no effect...but you don't want to risk not counting towards the 1000 or getting the achievement :p

EDIT 2

It's game day people! 4.5 hours to go, and we have 130 people online already. Just a note on the lobbies- it only shows 1 custom lobby on the list, which is Cru x360a. Go down to this one and then you can scroll left/right to find the rest of the x360a lobbies. See you in there!

Edited by Minty

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the clarification on all of this Minty. I'm one of the "dumb" who have never played an EA Sports game online so this will help tremendously. And could I get some quick clarification on what you said there? I realize that we have to give our gamertags and forum names to the Room Leaders to receive the Award but do we also have to be there for the full hour or is that only for the contest draw? Just curious as I may be a few minutes late.

(snip) So once the room leaders have taken down names at the start, they will also be checking these off at the end of the hour. Anyone that stays will be entered into a prize draw. These obviously only apply to x360a members signed up before the event.

So where do we sign up? Is it simply by posting in this or one of the two threads (one in announcements and one in the game's forum, for those who don't know what I'm talking about), or is there anything else one must do to officially sign up?

So where do we sign up? Is it simply by posting in this or one of the two threads (one in announcements and one in the game's forum, for those who don't know what I'm talking about), or is there anything else one must do to officially sign up?

There is no 'official' sign up. Just turn up on the day :). Theres no point in having 20,000 people officially signed up if only 10 show on the day :p

Thanks for organizing all this Minty. Mucho appreciated. I went out and bought a copy of the game to join in.

You're welcome. We've always said we would do this when the servers were announced to be closing, and were glad so many members are supporting us :)

I realize that we have to give our gamertags and forum names to the Room Leaders to receive the Award but do we also have to be there for the full hour or is that only for the contest draw? Just curious as I may be a few minutes late.

The hour is for the prize draw only. If they get your username, you will get the award for being there (well, providing we're successful- which we will be!

So a MOD is going to take down over 1000 peoples name to get the award? on Xbox Live in the Lobby? I don't see how that is possible, thats very very hard lol

Minty said that there would be atleast 15 x360a lobbies. So thats just getting the leader of the lobby to right down 66 names each in an hour. Doesn't seem too tedious in my opinion & remember not everyone trying for this will be a site member so won't need the award in the first place. So that will cut down on awards.

Minty said that there would be atleast 15 x360a lobbies. So thats just getting the leader of the lobby to right down 66 names each in an hour. Doesn't seem too tedious in my opinion & remember not everyone trying for this will be a site member so won't need the award in the first place. So that will cut down on awards.
could just capture card the hour ;)

So a MOD is going to take down over 1000 peoples name to get the award? on Xbox Live in the Lobby? I don't see how that is possible, thats very very hard lol

Well as we're doing it at a 'stupid time and date' and were doing it all wrong in your eyes, I'm sure the mods will be happy only having to write down 999 names. Thanks for saving us the second there ;)

As has been said, there will be over 15 (18 as it stands) x360a rooms- meaning if all 1000 people were in an x360a room that would mean 55 names per person. A lot of people won't be in an x360a room.

I'll be on. Gotta go for all the 'last chance' achievements this month and I'm figuring this will be the last one. Just finished the longest one to boost (Facebreaker) and fortunately wrapped NBA Homecourt late last year.

My advice, get Facebreaker and NBA Homecourt done first. They require the most amount of wins and games played first.

For Facebreaker, get all of the "AI or Ranked player" achievements with a boosting partner while going for the 50 ranked wins. You only need to find your boosting partner on ranked once, then just keep rematching. Each boosting round should take about a minute with loading times and going straight for the Facebreaker (twelve punches in a row then keep pressing Y once the meter is full). Took a total of 2 hours for me and my boosting partner to get up to 50.

For Homecourt, ranked or unranked both work for 10 wins in a row. Like the guide states, just make sure the losing boosting partner keeps rotating through the 3 players and moving away from the ball so the other player can get the ball easier. The losing team AI really tries to pick up the pieces when faced with a blowout.

How long will it take do all the online achievement?

I'm asking it because i would not boost this crap if we don't reach 1000 people online... and if we try 31 Jan and servers stop 2Feb...i have more or less one day to do all...is it possible or i'm forced to start boosting now? From what i see online ach. are quite fast, doable in 3-4 match, am i missing anything? :)

Edited by Gottle

Are there plans to have any of these x360a lobby rooms open a few hours early for people that can't be on at that time and plan to leave their 360's on all day?

The x360a lobbies will be open for approx 1 hour before the event starts.

Ok, quick question for you: how long will it take do all the online achievement?

I'm asking it because i would not boost this crap if we don't reach 1000 people online... and if we try 31 Jan and servers stop 2Feb...i have more or less one day to do all...is it possible or i'm forced to start boosting now?

The rest of the online take about 20 minutes to boost. Its 2 online games if memory serves me.

I see, thank you!

I saw that on true ach they setted a try on 30 Jan...It's too late to join all toghether in an unique, bigbig try?! :woop:

As far as I'm aware, True Achievements are joining in on our attempt. If this is not the case, then its out of our control. The rest of the 360 community will be there on the 31st, with or without them :p