Was/Is it to easy? (no spoilers please)

What do you think of the difficulty of RDR?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the difficulty of RDR?

• Way to easy.
    • Just right.
    • To hard.

I'm about 70-75% through the game and I have only had trouble on one challenge. Not one of the story missions is even remotely difficult compared to the GTA series. If you do happen to die the first time through a story mission it's most likely because you (and this has happened to me) have no idea what the hell you're supposed to do. It gives you a map marking to go to, but the tutorials go really fast and the dialogue is difficult to hear. Just an opinion.

I agree with what you say about not having a clue what to do.

There was one mission where it told me to ride with this lady, so I though you get on her horse.

Pulled her off her horse and hey presto. Game over.

Every other mission tells you to find your own horse and use it...

I would say that the general gameplay is too easy, but getting to 100% is very challenging. When you reach the level 10 challenges, it takes a lot of skill to complete them.

In my opinion, the skill range for this game is spot-on. You do not have to have incredible skill to play it and complete it, but to get 100% and do the "rest of the game" it requires a lot more skill. Well, either skill or beginners luck ;)

Almost all people that have stated they found it too easy didn't say which difficulty they were on. So please say that you used Expert aim or don't say a thing at all.

I only use expert aim, and I agree that the game isn't very challenging. Once you've gotten used to hitting a moving target, there shouldn't be too many problems. That's why I don't see this game as something that challenges you for the fun, but rather encourages you to keep playing to progress in the story and gain money/fame.

So far for me it has been just right. Nothing has been really challenging i guess but it never felt like i could just waltz through the missions without paying attention and come out alive. Plus the hunting challenges are where the real difficulty comes in. Right now i've got to kill 2 cougers with my knife, which aint too easy i have to say.

There was one mission where it told me to ride with this lady, so I though you get on her horse.

Pulled her off her horse and hey presto. Game over.

LOL!!!! I did that same thing, I was sitting their like WTF and it said "you have assaulted the lady" or something. HAHA.

So far for me it has been just right. Nothing has been really challenging i guess but it never felt like i could just waltz through the missions without paying attention and come out alive. Plus the hunting challenges are where the real difficulty comes in. Right now i've got to kill 2 cougers with my knife, which aint too easy i have to say.

Wait for the bear challenge. I chased a damn bear for like 40 minutes trying to knife him to death.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hard for me to justify the games difficulty just yet but from just completing the story mode of this game, it was relatively easy, there wasn't many major issues with any of the missions.

GTA IV had 94, but I got bored with the story about 50 missions in, so it was too long.

Yeah, I agree with you here. It wore me out and lost any motivation to try and get the 100% achievement on it.

• 1 month later...

I thought this game was fantastic.

I really liked Red Dead Revolver and enjoyed how in that game, you changed characters a few times in the Main Story mode. I would have liked to have played as 3-4 characters in Red Dead Redemption as opposed to 2.

I think the main missions were way too easy(expert targetting) and some of the challenges can get annoying. I think all Rockstar games have too much focus on "getting to the mission" and not enough focus on tighter gameplay. Sure there open worlds are fantastic but there controls (cover, aiming) could be smoother compared to other games, and i havent even mentioned variety but im not a big fan of gathering collectibles. If were just talking about the gunplay and main story, the setpieces were great sure but I would have enjoyed something more like the original...

I enjoyed the original Red Dead REVOLVER more then Redemption bcuz it offered better character variety(enemies and playable characters) and more unique fun levels. (WHY NO BOW N ARROW?) I have to say Redemption is more enjoyable than GTA for me, as i find all the "travelling around" and clothes shopping a rediculous waste of time, but if Redemption had some boss battles and maybe even a dungeon (lol?) it would be my all time fav game. The best way to play R* games is keep your distance from the AI and pick them off, it never changes... the law/cops are a joke

Although I have to say I am now playing Redemption on the HARDCORE mode and the game is a lot more fun for me to play. I actually just made a thread about hardcore and then i saw this thread... but yea I played this game on Expert targetting mode originally and it was too easy, but hardcore is how the game should have been all along :)

Edited by severed360