DR2: Off the Record Official Bitching Thread

Here's one. What about this weird glitch when you're running around and sometimes you hit invisible stuff that acts and sounds like tables, chairs and other debris that's blocking your way? I get it pretty much every boss fight. never saw that in DR2.

Usually changing areas fixes this. Not sure why it happens though. :/

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is really unforgiving for newcomers, my friends been over playing & hes played shooters rpg's solo offlinef and everything but never a DR game & it just seems like the game is unforgiving, i could help but its more fun him being confused about food, combo weapons & how the camera works, he worked alot of it out, but with looters, psychos & a health bar he was struggling to keep above 4 bars it just all seemed a little too hard.

This would frustrate the hell out of me & im sure if i wasn't there he would have just gave up & never thought of the game again. i hope in DR3 they actually balance the game instead of having a new game + system

This game is really unforgiving for newcomers, my friends been over playing & hes played shooters rpg's solo offlinef and everything but never a DR game & it just seems like the game is unforgiving, i could help but its more fun him being confused about food, combo weapons & how the camera works, he worked alot of it out, but with looters, psychos & a health bar he was struggling to keep above 4 bars it just all seemed a little too hard.

This would frustrate the hell out of me & im sure if i wasn't there he would have just gave up & never thought of the game again. i hope in DR3 they actually balance the game instead of having a new game + system

yer i agree for new comers this game would be really hard i rember when i first played dr 1 that was annoying ad hell ive played all of them now so i know how a dr game works and even for me its a pain in the ass i like the story and all but they really need to rethink alot of things such as heatlh regen health would be a must weapons must last longer or not break at all and save system and more things i cant think of atm. im up to the facts case and its so annoying so manny things to destroy at least ive got good plan setup for doing it but still ffs its a bitch.

Argh. Running down 100,000 zombies is so tedious. Someone just had to give them that idea. At least we have no time limit in this game, but still... x_x

Agree and the next thing is YOU STILL GET NO AWARD FOR THIS except the 20 efffn :gsicon:.

What I did was I simply turned off the game sounds and turned up my music! Kept me entertaining for the next 10.000-20.000 kills.

• 2 weeks later...

surprise zombies

the glitch where you can't move normally

the respawning Psychopaths in Sandbox Mode

Stiff Back challenge

Gold Medal times on race challenges are fucking rediculous

the lag when saving

Snowflake seems to be harder to tame

human enemies with guns. cheap & annoying, especially snipers & Phenotrans w/ BFG

fucking Overtime TK ( I haven't beaten the story yet , but I know it's the same bullshit fight from DR2 )

Edited by DOA_Rose

Frikkin zombies. Is it me or do they seem 15x more intelligent. Especially surprise ones ffs.

The chairs challenge... What the F***!?!? I've tried blamblows ive tried blitz still cant frikkin do it. I had 74 then quick thinkin frank decided to eat a steak that i had in my inven instead of gettin the gun & shootin at chairs :(

I aint even tried stiff back :(

I actually love the "Trap/Surprise" zombies! I think they are great!

I hate the stupid AI survivors, regardless they ARE a lot better in DR2 but they are still generally stupid even with the Leadership Magazine.

The looters are annoying as shit, especially in OTR where they have Molotovs and can steal from you now.

I HATE playing Poker in this game (Or DR2)! It seems "rigged". While I can play Poker in Red Dead Redemption and I feel the game is "fair" as far as what cards are being dealt and what hands people have... THIS game just seems cheap with the computers having advantages. I had 2 gambling magazines (missing the one from Uranus Zone) and played Strip Poker. The chick ended up beating me every rough with crazy hands like Flush, Straight Flush, 3 of a kind and so on. It's like "WTF?!!!" and even WITH 2 magazines?!

AND the fact that you can equip buffs for the game just make it seem weird. Even when I wasn't using magazines in poker... I was sitting there frustrated as hell thinking just how the hell the CPU can continue to manage to get hands that shouldn't be as common to get as they were.

At any rate, the poker game feels cheap while poker in other games, like Red Dead Redemption, feels far more balanced and fair, even when on the occasion when someone else wins with a Royal Flush...

I hate "The Facts" simply for this being my first run and I am constantly running out of time and I am constantly under attack by those damn Gas Zombies (even if I am blasting everything with the Blast Frequency Gun and the Super BFG just to clear a path). I am at lvl 42 and this is my first time (using Cyborg and BBQ upgrades) so MAYBE it'll be easier on my 2nd play though but otherwise... this is a bitch of a finale and defiantly harder than DR2's "The Facts".

I also dislike the twist leading up to "The Facts".

But at the same time I like it, 'cus I didn't see it coming so it was a surprise but then I didn't like it 'cus I was all "NOOOO!!!!" hah.

Snowflake being harder to tame is lame... I assume this was done to throw off gamers like us who played the original a bunch but, still... It made me feel like a n00b since I had to re-try so many times and I never had an issue in the original.

BUT despite all this... I do love DR2:OTR and I am really happy with Capcom's "What-If" approach to DR2.

I loved DR2 and I really liked Chuck despite him not being Frank... but I liked him and the game as well.

DR1 was fun but I think the squeal was a huge improvement and I think DR2:OTR is another big improvement that remains familiar yet fun. There is enough that has remained the same to not make the game feel alien but there is enough different things throughout that make the game more fun, surprising and challenging.

I'll be looking forward to future DR related releases... more DLC chapters (like Case:Zero and Case:West) and the eventual DR3 :)

Edited by FlogginMcMurry
....poker...

Frikkin zombies. Is it me or do they seem 15x more intelligent. Especially surprise ones ffs.

The chairs challenge... What the F***!?!? I've tried blamblows ive tried blitz still cant frikkin do it. I had 74 then quick thinkin frank decided to eat a steak that i had in my inven instead of gettin the gun & shootin at chairs :(

I aint even tried stiff back :(

Seriously, just try Lord Maim's technique on the chair challenge. Got it on the 2nd try in single player. The remote mines make that challenge a cake walk. His video can be found here.

• 2 weeks later...

Unskippable credits.

They FORCE you to watch it at the end of the game, and if you make it past Overtime, then they FORCE you to watch the SAME CREDITS.

If you are plowing through the game, that means you get to watch the same credits (albeit with different music) twice in the span of an hour or so.

pmWolf

One other minor gripe (because really, I do like this game a lot):

I wish you could use some of your awesome hand-to-hand skills on the human enemies.

Sure, disemboweling, or face-slamming a boss shouldn't be legal....but why can't I throw around a looter? (If you remember, in the very first Dead Rising, you could use the disembowel move on the cultist fanatics. It didn't rip out their intestines, but it did instant-kill them).

You should be able to handle looters, mercs, and other miltary-types with some of the special hand-to-hand slam stuff.

pmWolf

I only have 2 gripes so far. That damned Chef... he heals so damned fast x.x'' took me a while to finally beat him (but I was also under leveled at the time too). And I've have items fall through the floor on me a ton... Was online with my friend and we was about to do the first challenge. I got hit before we started it and I dropped my Double Chainsaw Paddle thing and it clipped through the floor, vanishing. Oh I was pissed.

great game don't get me wrong but since this thread is here... i hate most of all getting knocked down all the time, made certain things harder than DR2 but get within striking distance of a merc swing your laser sword without even damaging him and then get knocked to the ground over and over. i don't like that as soon as you start the game the combat with the 3 guards is horrible. i killed one got the PP and he still swung at me after being dead. it was BAD. left me looking for glitchy gameplay from the start. then when you fight psychos there are certain times when you swing your weapon and it goes right through the enemey. also i hate the story changes. yeah its the other ending to the story we wanted but it doesn't make sense they way its done and i didn't like the facts case very much at all. surprise zombies will attack you even if you're 10ft above them. and i hate TK.

--on a sidenote, about the poker someone was mentioning earlier, there is a system the game uses that makes it possible to win even if you don't know how to play or aren't very good. and in my opinion its a lot easier to win then in DR2, took forever in that game.

Edited by zarda1

This game sucks and Dead Rising series sucks too. Stupid time limits, annoying zombies that grab you, insanely tough bosses, Frank (or another guy) is moving like he pooped in his pants even with fully unlocked speed bar, non-existant coop and slooooow messed up gameplay. Shit.

• 3 weeks later...
This game sucks and Dead Rising series sucks too. Stupid time limits, annoying zombies that grab you, insanely tough bosses, Frank (or another guy) is moving like he pooped in his pants even with fully unlocked speed bar, non-existant coop and slooooow messed up gameplay. Shit.

You feel better now that you got that out of your system? Honestly I find it odd that someone with a gamer score of over 125 k would find this game hard.

Stupid time limits? Compared to what? An RPG where you can put off the main story indefinitely? NOT having a time limit would seem stupid if you really think about it.

Annoying zombies that grab you? I suppose they should have used the kind of zombies that just sit around on park benches reading the newspaper instead. Yes that would be realistic!

Insanely tough bosses? Really? I play this game because it’s fun and easy. Sure you may need to reload a save and try again once or twice but good god dude how easy do you expect games to be? How did you even get a gamer score as high as yours? Playing my little pony and Disney games?

On a more serious note, are you making combo weapons or are you just picking up whatever you find? The combo weapons are the key to this game, even the guns have very little effect on the psycho’s/bosses in this game.

Frank (or another guy) is moving like he pooped in his pants even with fully unlocked speed bar. He does run a little slow, I’ll give you that one. Try using quick-step and carry the juices magazine, makes a world of difference.

Non-existent coop. Not following you on this one, the game has co-op play in both story and sandbox mode. Do you mean you cant find anyone to play in co-op with?

Personally I love the DR games, I wish they would come out with them more often. It seems like the games I really enjoy playing, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, GTA, Dead Rising and others take years to come out but frigging COD comes out with a new one every 6 months.

Edited by ReaptheChaos

I honestly don’t know why some people are finding things so hard in this game. First off, the 100,000 kills is a bit much, but with no time limit it’s really no big deal. What sucked more than 100 k was running out of time at 71,800 kills like I did in DR2, so in actuality I had to kill over 140 k in that one.

The main thing I hate is being forced to watch the credits, TWICE. Even once is too much! Who the hell reads the credits anyway? Any info I care to know I could Google a lot easier than sitting through their crap music watching for it. As fast as they scroll by you couldn’t actually read them anyway.

Other things, more annoyances but still a pain, are when you run into things like a suitcase or a chair and it stops you dead in your tracks. Either step over them or shove them out of the way for christ sake. Not being able to swing a weapon, like a bat, and walk forward simultaneously or eat/drink and walk seem kind of dumb as well.

Overall it’s a great game though, I hope its not two years before they come out with another.

*Edit: Oh yeah, one thing I forgot, damn cut scenes after cut scenes, sometimes three in a row. Just make one long one for crying out loud! I would bet there's at least 90 minutes of cut scenes in this game.

Edited by ReaptheChaos

• 3 months later...

Frank's Movement Speed - I dunno why, but he seems SOOO much slower than Chuck, the fat shit. And why did they make him look so OLD?

TK Boss Fight - This guy is the reason I have restarted DR2 THREE times and never completed it, he's too damn hard! :mad:

Case 5-2 - 1 million dollars...That case made me lose the will to play the game for weeks. :(

Sniper Pyschopaths - Annoying assholes....

Snowflake - Much harder to tame than DR2.

• 5 weeks later...

Maybe its only me, but I like the middle-aged, paunchy Frank West -- adds more realism to the game and is a different take from most games where you're a giant wall of meat (Gears of War anyone?)

Only one real gripe -- of all the sandbox challenges I only had serious trouble with Tunnel of Blood (the remote mine method for No Thanks I'll Stand made that one easy, and a bit of route planning helped me get Stiff Back on attempt three). I kept crashing into invisible objects in the tunnel and getting thrown off my Slicycle (and I know I wasn't hitting cones), which made me get only 430-450 zombies on each attempt. Finally, around attempt six I loaded up on remote mines and bombed some zombies at the beginning (got 47 kills using 12 mines in the firsttwo seconds). Was able to get 504 zombies then, even with hitting another invisible object. Hopefully, co-op Tunnel of Blood is easier...

Frank's Movement Speed - I dunno why, but he seems SOOO much slower than Chuck, the fat shit. And why did they make him look so OLD?

TK Boss Fight - This guy is the reason I have restarted DR2 THREE times and never completed it, he's too damn hard! :mad:

Case 5-2 - 1 million dollars...That case made me lose the will to play the game for weeks. :(

Sniper Pyschopaths - Annoying assholes....

Snowflake - Much harder to tame than DR2.

Snipers have always been a pain since DR2 snowflake is somewhat harder to tame this time around TK is annoying but easy when you get used to his patten and if anything they slowed frank down to chucks speed in this game as he was alot faster in DR1 and both frank and chuck move at the same speed in this

• 1 month later...