How is the game?

TheThreeStooges

I was pleasantly surprised. It got a $10 price cut when I bought it which I thought was a bad sign. Otherwise, it's actually pretty decent, even though it does seem quite easy and short campaign wise. I'm most definitely enjoying it so far.

Multiplayer will be tested a little later on, but I'm not really a fan of attaining the highest rank for an achievement. The multiplayer achievements look like a pain in the ass.

Edited by Maka

The concept in this game is not bad, but the co-op gameplay is bullshit anytime your in the same cover you glitch out half the time and get shot, couple of glitches where restarting checkpoint would be the only way to progress.

Do hard by yourself it's a lot easier then with a partner, just go through normal co-op.

I'll pop into Blockbuster tomorrow, see if they've got it and update the thread. TBH how do they expect to sell copies of the game when nobody knows the true release date!!

I called Blockbuster and they told me it was supposed to be out today, but haven't had delivery yet and call again later. They also said they use Amazon for release dates, but Amazon say 'currently waiting stock- delivered in 1-3 weeks...'

More to follow...

They now told me its been pushed back to AUGUST!!! Fucking Bullshit.

Edited by the action frampton

I rented mine from my local Hastings. They only had one copy though, but it's not like people are rushing out in droves to get this game haha...they also had copies to buy, but they were $59.99 and while I'm really enjoying the game right now (on chapter 8), I wouldn't want to pay 60 bucks for it.

That sucks, I paid $50 last week.

I'm not quite sure why this game did so terribly in sales. It's a decent game, unique, has good graphics, had some "hype" before release.

I feel like all the right things were there for this game to sell at least 3-4 times more copies than it did. And because it did so poorly, chances are the release in Europe won't do much better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Think I'm tempted to wait till the price drops to £12 here in the UK. It's already lower in price than normal releases.

I have online mates in the US who have been playing it for weeks trying to get the final online achievement which apparently is a real grind. They are also having problems finding enough people online to play the game. I think you need minimum six, same as Binary domain.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I´m really suprised how well this game works.Actually if it had the Production Budget of Gears of War it could almost be on one Level....if it whouldn´t feel like a copy of it.If you loved Gears of War and don´t expect too much you get the Game which is nearest to the Original.

• 8 months later...

Grave digger mode activated:

Inversion is a "russian gears of war clone" but it's a good game.

I just played it for the gore, and omg it's really bloody and niceley done with the gravity but i stayed for the story.

Good story very similar to GoW, but with the cool and innovative gravity thingy.

Sure it hasn't had the budget of GoW but it's dtill a good game.

And get ready for a really unexpected turn/twist in the story,

i would've never thought of that...really that took my by surprise.

Now with the price drop, i got mine for 10€ it's definitifly worth the price.

Grab it, it's entertaining, some intense boss fights, a little creative on the way.

80% (the story twist was really good)