Worth Buying?

Dark Link IV

Title says it all, and how are the online achievements.

Are there even people online or do I just need to find a partner here on the forums.

Cant make up my mind, really like the settings and all.

Did not buy Sniper Elite 1, after a mate bought it and told me it sucks, with a MP where everyone would run around with a pistol lol.

Also is the story line good, cause if I decide to buy this game it will be for the single player.

• 2 weeks later...

I rented it...Finished it within a days time.

1) I did not do the collectables (That always adds game-length)

2) Did not do any Co-Op (Again...more game-play)

3) Did not do any multi-player (Game-play....more of it)

It was a really fun game, but I finished it too quickly too of justified spending more than a rental fee for it. (Strictly from a single-player point of view IMO)

Do not buy this game. It is the most frustrating, unfinished pile of crap I have ever played. The AI is broken in literally thousands of ways, the gameplay is repetitive, the story is non-existent and stealth does not work at all. Save yourself the hassle and cash and stay away from this game.

• 1 month later...

I personally loved it, the game mechanics are great, some real sniping instead of all this bullshit quickscoping in COD, On the harder difficulties it is almost like a simulation when you have to account for wind and the effect arising from the curvature of the earth over long distance shots etc...

The missions were great, and the addition of the anatomical killcams is fantastic I defy you not to make a noise as a male the first time you see someones nuts explode inside them! lol.

Of course this doesn't have the Hollywood polish of games like the overrated Halo or repetitive COD's, but I think it holds its own to be honest. I think it made a nice change and the studio have done themselves proud.

If I had to level any accusation at the game it would be the achievements, a predictable, now vanilla, difficulty achievement, and the online achievements however doable they may be.

The online mode seems well enough put together, but I only ever found one guy in searches over the course of an entire day (and this was July 6th 2012...not years after release), when I kept going back to it, so the lobbies seem a little desolate.....Of course not an issue if you have a boosting buddy (which I didn't) Then you can knock these achievements out in no time.

In conclusion...loved it, would be great if they released some 'achievement inclusive DLC' later, and if you have a boosting buddy this is a straight forward (but by no means simple) 1000g too....

If you still aren't sure just rent it, I wasn't disappointed when I did :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After going through the single player campaign on the hardest difficulty, I'd have to say that it would be worth owning if I could find it for 15ish dollars. I blew through the campaign on Cadet but the challenge of Elite difficulty made it a lot more fun in my opinion. The Russian sniper teams made it one of the more infuriating games I've played at times, but there were only a few occasions where I got frustrated enough to put it away for a while. Solid and simple 1k too.

• 9 months later...
Title says it all, and how are the online achievements.

Are there even people online or do I just need to find a partner here on the forums.

Cant make up my mind, really like the settings and all.

Did not buy Sniper Elite 1, after a mate bought it and told me it sucks, with a MP where everyone would run around with a pistol lol.

Also is the story line good, cause if I decide to buy this game it will be for the single player.

This is a great game and a lot of fun.... Single player is enjoyable but multiplayer does suck a bit unless you have a friend to help boost achievements. This should be 1000g on anyone's list provided a friend gets it too. However, the price is holding strong so best rent for now until the price drops

• 5 months later...