Road Map to 1750

Coadster1

Overview:

-Estimated Achievement Difficulty: 6/10

-Offline: 44 (1100:gsicon:)

-Online: 35 (650:gsicon:)

-Approximate time to 1750: 30-40 Hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1 (2 to 3 recommended)

-Number of missable achievements: 10

-Glitched achievements: No

-Do cheat codes disable achievements? N/A

-Does difficulty affect achievements? Yes

Introduction:

Welcome to Halo 3, there are a total of 79 achievements, worth a total of 1750:gsicon:. It is possible to get all the campaign achievements in only 1 playthrough, but you'd have to play on Legendary, with the meta game scoring on, and looking for skulls/terminals. I recommend 2 or 3 playthroughs.

There are 10 missable achievements. You have to find the hidden skulls (9 skulls) on each level, there's 9, and you have to access all the hidden terminals (7 terminals), and there's 10. You will unlock more than half of the achievements, 1100:gsicon: offline, in either Campaign or Forge. The other 650:gsicon: are online multiplayer achievements, which can all be boosted.

As of 9/22/09, you must have the Halo 3 Mythic Disc to get the achievements for the maps: Longshore, Heretic, and Citadel. As they have not been released on the Marketplace yet.

Step #1 (Optional): Campaign on Normal

Please skip this step if you are familiar with FPS games.

Basic Controls:

:bbut:Melee

:rbbut:Reload (pick up gun/switch gun/get in vehicle/etc.)

:rtbut:Attack

:abut:Jump

:ltbut:Throw Grenade

:rs:Crouch

:ybut:Switch Weapons

:xbut:Use Equipment

:lbbut:Switch Grenades

If you are new to Halo or even FPS games as a whole, I would recommended playing on Normal for the first time. It will still get you a minimum of 405:gsicon:. You may or may not get the following achievements: Too Close to the Sun, We're in for some Chop, Fear the Pink Mist, Headshot Honcho, and Used Car Salesman.

Step #2: Campaign on Legendary (Skulls/Terminals included)

I strongly suggest you play this in co-op instead of solo. It is much easier. It can be done online or local splitscreen. You will also be finding the skulls and terminals as well in this playthrough.

If you have two controllers, but no one else to play with, you can make a co-op game with a guest, and just leave the controller alone, every time you die, you will just spawn by him, and when you go too far from him, he will just catch up with you.

Please go Here for the locations of all the skulls in Halo 3.

Please go Here for the locations of all the terminals in Halo 3.

Once you have beat Legendary, you will have a minimum of 785:gsicon:.

Step #3: Campaign Meta-Game

At this part you should have just about all the campaign achievements. To make it short, you are required to score a certain amount of points on each campaign mission. It's not the same on each mission.

I recommend playing on Normal with the skulls: Grunt Birthday Party, Tough Luck, and Catch. But, of course it's all personal preference, chose whatever skulls you are good with activated.

Use this Thread to find an outline of the meta game scoring.

Step #4: Online Multilplayer Achievements

Now, you should have all of the campaign achievements with the exception of Too Close to the Sun, We're in for some Chop, Fear the Pink Mist, Headshot Honcho, and Used Car Salesman. You should have a minimum of 875:gsicon:. There are 35 online multiplayer achievements worth 650:gsicon:. Some of them can be tough, but, they can all be boosted.

I have classified all 35 multiplayer achievements into several categories:

-Ranked Achievements (all of them except MVP must be done in Ranked Free For All's)

-Mythic Achievements (can be done in ranked or social matches)

-Legendary Achievements (can be done in ranked or social matches and on Mythic Maps)

<Achievement Type-Playlist-Game Type-Map>

Two For One- Ranked Free For All Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves or Mythic Brawl, Slayer, on Snowbound or Construct.

Triple Kill- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves, Swords, on The Pit or Guardian.

Overkill- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves, Swords, on The Pit or Guardian.

Lee R Wilson Memorial- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves, Slayer, on Construct or Isolation.

Killing Frenzy- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves, Slayer, on Snowbound.

Steppin' Razor- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves, Swords, on Guardian, The Pit, or Epitaph.

Mongoose Mowdown- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves, Slayer, on Isolation.

Up Close and Personal- Ranked Achievement, best done in Lone Wolves or Mythic Brawl, Slayer, on Snowbound or Construct.

MVP- Ranked Achievement- best done in Team Slayer, Team Slayer, on Construct or Guardian.

Double Double- Legendary Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, on

Avalanche or Assembly.

Alas, Poor Yorick- Legendary Achievement, best done in Rumble Pit or Action Sack, on Ghost Town.

Came...From...Behind- Legendary Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, on Avalanche, Ghost Town, or a Sandbox Map Variant.

Defend This- Legendary Achievement, best done in Big Team Mythic or Action Sack, Capture the Flag or One Flag, on Avalanche or a Sandbox Map Variant.

Flag Dropped- Legendary Achievement, best done in Big Team Mythic or Action Sack, Capture the Flag or One Flag, on Avalanche or a Sandbox Map Variant.

Road Rage- Legendary Achievement, best done in in Big Team Mythic, Team Slayer, on Avalanche or Sandbox.

Look Both Ways- Legendary Achievement, best done in Social Big Team, Team Slayer, on Avalanche.

Hammer Time- Mythic Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, must be done on Assembly.

Pull- Mythic Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, must be done on Citadel.

Blades of Fury- Mythic Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, must be done on Heretic.

Ghost Patrol- Mythic Achievement, best done in Big Team Mythic, Team Slayer, Capture the Flag, or One Flag, must be done on Longshore.

Post Mortem- Mythic Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, must be done on Orbital.

...Get the Horns- Mythic Achievement, best done in Griffball or Action Sack, Griffball, on a Sandbox Map Variant.

Awww, Too Bad- Mythic Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, on Assembly or Heretic.

Killtacular- Mythic Achievement, best done in Griffball, Griffball, on a Sandbox Map Variant.

Have Fun Respawning- Mythic Achievement, best done in Griffball, Griffball, on a Sandbox Map Variant.

Save This Film- Mythic Achievement, best done in Team Mythic, Team Slayer, on Assembly or Sandbox.

Delicious Brains- Mythic Achievement, best done in Living Dead, Creeping Death, on a Sandbox Map Variant.

Zombie Repeller- Mythic Achievement, best done in Living Dead, Save One Bullet, on a Sandbox Map Variant.

Go Here to see the current matchmaking playlists.

To clarify this, after the update, the achievements UNSC Spartan and Spartan Officer, you must earn the specific amount of exp in one playlist, not overall exp.

Example: 50 exp in Social Slayer=Spartan Officer achievement.

To view how much exp you have in each playlist, simply go to that playlist and click on your name, it should say something, like:

Social Slayer (or whatever playlist you are on) exp: 46

Exp: 100

Again, as of 9/22/09, you must have the Halo 3 Mythic Disc in order to get the achievements Pull, Ghost Patrol, Blades of Fury, Longshore Skull, Heretic Skull, Citadel Skull, and Vidmaster Challenge: Brainpan, as the other 3 Mythic Maps have not yet been released on the Marketplace. If you don't have the Halo 3 Mythic Disc, the maximum score you can have is 1575:gsicon:.

Step #5: Forge

This step should not take long, simply go into Forge, and make a match on each of the 6 Mythic Maps, Longshore, Heretic, Assembly, Sandbox, Orbital, and Citadel. You will get the achievements for finding the skull in each map, each worth 25:gsicon: and the achievement to find all 6 skulls.

Please go Here for the locations of the Mythic Skulls.

The last Forge achievement requires you to kill someone while in monitor mode on a Mythic Map, simply go to Forge, and play on any of the 6 Mythic Maps, get a tank, and kill someone while holding it, slam it into them.

Step #6: Mop Up

At this part, so you should have the majority of the achievements in Halo 3, if not all of them. The only achievements I can think of that you will still need to get are Too Close to the Sun, We're in for some Chop, Fear the Pink Mist, Headshot Honcho, Used Car Salesman, and Vidmaster Challenge: Annual.

Conclusion:

Halo 3 is overall a really enjoyable game to 1750, the only ones you might struggle with are the multiplayer achievements, but, worst case scenario, you can always boost them with friends. The link to the guide is Here.

I would like to thank The Pants Party and Eternal for writing the amazing guide.

Edited by Coadster1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you mean Not Started!

:whs .... Nail-Head-Bang!

Edit: Is it me or is there going to be a slight problem with this....Your guide looks like its gonna be big and Iv noticed you havent reserved any post spaces below you OP..? Meaning this guide is gonna be cut up over several places on this forum!

Edited by Nozza

:whs .... Nail-Head-Bang!

Edit: Is it me or is there going to be a slight problem with this....Your guide looks like its gonna be big and Iv noticed you havent reserved any post spaces below you OP..? Meaning this guide is gonna be cut up over several places on this forum!

Ummmmm, it's not an Achievement Guide, it's a Road Map....... big difference.

Achievement Guide- tells you how to get each individual achievement on a game

Road Map- an outline; tells you the quickest way to get 100% completion

i think its 900G offline buddy ;)

I don't think so. The original 1000G was 900G offline, but the Forge and Mythic Map skulls are included in offline, because you can't get them in online mutilplayer, they have to be done in Forge, which can be done online, but can also be done local offline, since they don't have to be done online in Forge, they are classified as offline.

I don't think so. The original 1000G was 900G offline, but the Forge and Mythic Map skulls are included in offline, because you can't get them in online mutilplayer, they have to be done in Forge, which can be done online, but can also be done local offline, since they don't have to be done online in Forge, they are classified as offline.
yup you are right, they can be gotten offline

Ummmmm, it's not an Achievement Guide, it's a Road Map....... big difference.

Achievement Guide- tells you how to get each individual achievement on a game

Road Map- an outline; tells you the quickest way to get 100% completion

I know its a road map but I was just typing guide, but that had nothing to do with what I said..

All I was saying is that I thought you'd go over your letter count...

I know its a road map but I was just typing guide, but that had nothing to do with what I said..

All I was saying is that I thought you'd go over your letter count...

I see. That was nice of you to say that and it would've probably been smart of me to reserve room. But most Road Maps don't go over more than 10,000 characters, or more than one post.

your very much right. sorry dude my bad.

Hey Coadster. :) Not to seem majorly picky or anything, but a few typos and stuff I thought I'd point out for you. :)

Have Gun Respawning- Mythic Achievement, best done in Griffball, Griffball, on a Sandbox Map Variant.

^ The actual name for this Achievement is Have Fun Respawning, not Have Gun Respawning, thought I'd point this out in case someone looks at this and gets a bit lost with the Achievement name.

Also, you say 'Griffball' in a lot of the descriptions, but last time I played it I was sure it was 'Griftball', not 'Griffball'? Unless there's two different playlists that I'm not thinking of, I'm certain this was named Griftball instead.

As well as this, you noted there are no Glitched Achievements in this game, however, I have heard rumours from people saying that to get the 'Campaign Completed: Legendary' achievement, you must watch all the clips during the levels. Whether this is confirmed or not, I'm unsure, but just giving you a heads up. :)

~~~

I believe this is all the corrections I can see. Apologies for seeming rather... Big-headed, if that's how I come across. It wasn't my intention, I just wanted to try and contribute something toward this Thread, as it's helped me so much with my Halo career [And thank you, for that, btw.], I wasn't sure if you wanted corrections in PM form, or post, but if you want to take what you want from this, and then want me to edit it out, please just send me a Private Message requesting so [As I may not check my posts on this Thread for a while] and I'll take it down right away :)

Other than this, keep up the good work, this Thread is an excellent piece of work, and it's very helpful. I particularly liked your section which recommends which Playlists + Maps to get the online achievements on. That's helped me to no end on so many occasions, so good work on that!

My regards.

Hey Coadster. :) Not to seem majorly picky or anything, but a few typos and stuff I thought I'd point out for you. :)

^ The actual name for this Achievement is Have Fun Respawning, not Have Gun Respawning, thought I'd point this out in case someone looks at this and gets a bit lost with the Achievement name.

Also, you say 'Griffball' in a lot of the descriptions, but last time I played it I was sure it was 'Griftball', not 'Griffball'? Unless there's two different playlists that I'm not thinking of, I'm certain this was named Griftball instead.

As well as this, you noted there are no Glitched Achievements in this game, however, I have heard rumours from people saying that to get the 'Campaign Completed: Legendary' achievement, you must watch all the clips during the levels. Whether this is confirmed or not, I'm unsure, but just giving you a heads up. :)

~~~

I believe this is all the corrections I can see. Apologies for seeming rather... Big-headed, if that's how I come across. It wasn't my intention, I just wanted to try and contribute something toward this Thread, as it's helped me so much with my Halo career [And thank you, for that, btw.], I wasn't sure if you wanted corrections in PM form, or post, but if you want to take what you want from this, and then want me to edit it out, please just send me a Private Message requesting so [As I may not check my posts on this Thread for a while] and I'll take it down right away :)

Other than this, keep up the good work, this Thread is an excellent piece of work, and it's very helpful. I particularly liked your section which recommends which Playlists + Maps to get the online achievements on. That's helped me to no end on so many occasions, so good work on that!

My regards.

Thanks, man, that means a lot. :) I'm glad to help. As for the Have Gun Respawing, lmao. Just a common typo, I knew it was fun, but thanks for that. As for Grifball, it's spelled Grifbal, not Griftball. And there are not two different games, no Griftball, period.

http://www.bungie.net/online/playlists.aspx

For the watching all the cut scenes, in order to get Beat Legendary achievement, that's complete BS, not true. Never heard that before, ever.

Thanks for all the help!!! ;)

Thanks, man, that means a lot. :) I'm glad to help. As for the Have Gun Respawing, lmao. Just a common typo, I knew it was fun, but thanks for that. As for Grifball, it's spelled Grifbal, not Griftball. And there are not two different games, no Griftball, period.

http://www.bungie.net/online/playlists.aspx

For the watching all the cut scenes, in order to get Beat Legendary achievement, that's complete BS, not true. Never heard that before, ever.

Thanks for all the help!!! ;)

You're very welcome for my help, similarly to you, I'm glad to help someone who's helped me so much.

Sorry about the Grifball confusion. I was unsure as to which spelling was correct, so I thought I'd just inform you in case it was wrong.

About the typo, I thought you might've did that on accident, wasn't aware you'd done that on purpose, lmao.

The cutscene thing I just heard going around Live around the time ODST was released, people started making a fuss that you needed to watch Cutscenes to get achievements. As I said, wasn't sure if it was true, so I thought I'd mention it to you, just in case.

Once again, I'm glad to help. If there's any other way I could contribute, please, don't hesitate to ask. If I find myself checking these posts and I see a request for my help, I'll be glad to offer it. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...