Which Bolt?

Barad

Which bolt type for the crossbow is best?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which bolt type for the crossbow is best?

• Standard
    • HE (High Explosive)
    • BA (Balanced)
    • Scan

Will have to find the time to watch that. Gracias! :woop:

OT: The regular bolt accounts for most of my very few kills yet but the HE has saved my ass being surprised a few times hipfired at close range.

I've fired scan bolts randomly and found people hiding I didn't know were there, so it may not be too useful offensively for damage but tactically it's definitely got a use which was its intention anyway. I've started getting into the habit of lobbing in a scanner before charging into a building or around corners.

Haven't played with the Balanced bolt too much yet.

BA. I'm a headshot master (was top 100 in the WORLD according to BF3stats, before I stopped playing) so I find it easy as hell to kill with it. Support + Scoped Xbow with BA = Metro sniping without running out of arrows. Ever. I have found exactly where to aim so I always make it a instakill.

Wow, got totally sick of him saying every 30 seconds "what nobody got right, not even levelcap". It's okay buddy, you did good math, stop thinking you're the most amazing thing in the world and show a bit of class.

I got that too, the info is great but yah he does toot his horn a bit doesn't he?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How do you get the 'designated assist'? I tagged someone with SOFLAM and got some assist from damage but it didn't unlock the scan bolt. I've been missing the scanner for a long time, l haven't tried getting it anymore 'cause l don't understand what l need to do but l guess l should unlock it finally.

How do you get the 'designated assist'? I tagged someone with SOFLAM and got some assist from damage but it didn't unlock the scan bolt. I've been missing the scanner for a long time, l haven't tried getting it anymore 'cause l don't understand what l need to do but l guess l should unlock it finally.

not only do you need to have the vehicle in question designated, someone must hit said vehicle with a javelin or heatseekers or a stigla---basically anything that is a lock on weapon

not only do you need to have the vehicle in question designated, someone must hit said vehicle with a javelin or heatseekers or a stigla---basically anything that is a lock on weapon

The damage assist points have to add up to 100, they are cumulative so keep using the SOFLAM and it'll get there soone enough.

If you look at your assignments in Battlelog it'll show you how many you have so far.

• 1 month later...

Weighing in all late...

Balanced Bolt for the win!

I like that I can roll with a PDW/Shotty as a mid-range primary, my Rex as a close-range primary, and the Xbow with BA for long-range cleanup. I feel like the Balanced Bolt has less drop over distance than bullets from any of the sniper rifles. Plus, it's more rage inducing to pwn a bush-wookie with the Xbow.