GTA IV Multiplayer Ranks

If you mean boosting Hangman's NOOSE then you need 1100 games, but let's say you need a 1000 (cause you have some money from other modes), let's take an average of 4 minutes per game (including looking for each other in the lobby), then you'll need 66,6 hours. :)

The bottom line is you absolutely can't do it in under 50 hours, probably not even in under 60 hours.

It's a great game, if you want all the achievements you need to spend way over a 100 hours playing it, not including the DLC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I'm just enjoying the multiplayer, I'm not specifically out for the Wanted achievement although it would be nice. I'll pick up the other multiplayer achievements but hopefully my passion for Grand Theft Auto games will lead me to never becoming bored of the online.

I say just go for $100,000 everytime I play online on GTA. It's a nice easy and achieveable goal.

Edited by Coheedd

From my experience, it usually takes two hours on average to earn $100,000 in Hangman's NOOSE. So that means if you were to play all the way from rank 0 to 10 just by doing Hangman's NOOSE, it would take you roughly 100 hours to complete. While the other co-op missions do take longer to complete, I would try doing them sometimes in order to vary things up. You can usually earn more money in Bomb da Base II and Deal Breaker and they aren't as boring as the former mode.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hangmans Noose, $4500 a pop, that's 1112 games to get Wanted's $5m

After 5000 quake games played that should seem like a breeze, especially as there's no two minute countdown before each game!!

Yes, but with all the idiot's on the game it's more than likely going to be in the 1500 game's played range, with all the failure's and some matches you will only get $3875, or $3225.

Ok, I've been wondering, what exactly is the quickest way of earning money. Now obviously, ordinarily, it would be Hangman's Noose.

But what if including the 2 expansions? Though I haven't checked I've heard there are coops on the LATD multiplayer (and states coop on the box).

What I was really wondering is if I were to run 2-6 maybe more copies and bridging, which mode would be the best? Is it possible to find a spawn where you can just keep killing them without moving like Fear and Dark Athena?

Thanks

This is my last achievement that I need for the original 1000. I'm ~ $540,000 away from reaching rank 9.

It's really depressing when I think of all the time I put into this to get from rank 1-9, and that I'll have to put in the same amount of time to get from 9-10 >_>

Anyone else wish they could skip the cut scenes from the three online missions? I'm getting quite sick of listening to the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again (and the reason why I still have the sound on is to hear if the police are shooting at my chopper, how fast I'm flying, and if my teammates are talking)

I guess what that last part was was a mini rant that lets everyone know that I'm getting sick of Hangman's Noose.

This is my last achievement that I need for the original 1000. I'm ~ $540,000 away from reaching rank 9.

It's really depressing when I think of all the time I put into this to get from rank 1-9, and that I'll have to put in the same amount of time to get from 9-10 >_>

Anyone else wish they could skip the cut scenes from the three online missions? I'm getting quite sick of listening to the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again (and the reason why I still have the sound on is to hear if the police are shooting at my chopper, how fast I'm flying, and if my teammates are talking)

I guess what that last part was was a mini rant that lets everyone know that I'm getting sick of Hangman's Noose.

I personally put my TV on PIP 98% of my games, the only time I actually listened was the first 50 matches, and the very last match. I watched SOOO many movie's it was crazy. Once you get the groove down you barely have to pay attention to the actual game lol

I personally put my TV on PIP 98% of my games, the only time I actually listened was the first 50 matches, and the very last match. I watched SOOO many movie's it was crazy. Once you get the groove down you barely have to pay attention to the actual game lol

Unless you're in a game with only 1 other person and have to fend off the police until the other person gets there with a helicopter.

I don't think I'd be able to do that. If I notice that the game is failing or if Petrovic is glitched, and if there aren't two people trying to get him free/covering the person that is trying to get him free, I'll just leave the game.

Unless you're in a game with only 1 other person and have to fend off the police until the other person gets there with a helicopter.

I don't think I'd be able to do that. If I notice that the game is failing or if Petrovic is glitched, and if there aren't two people trying to get him free/covering the person that is trying to get him free, I'll just leave the game.

Ah, well I ALWAYS got the chopper, in my experience anyone else that attempted to fly a helicopter didn't know what the hell they were doing. I also quit several times due to idiot's that blew up the baggage carrier.:mad:

Ah, well I ALWAYS got the chopper, in my experience anyone else that attempted to fly a helicopter didn't know what the hell they were doing.

I know the people you are talking about... I especially like the people that follow me to the pick up zone (since I usually get to the baggage carrier and drive it i pick the helicopter on the left side) with the second helicopter instead of landing on the destination and then waste 15-30 seconds while we both land the helicopters on the diamond.

How else are you supposed to learn though? I learned from just doing it over and over again. I have my really good games and my "WTF am I on?" games where it seems like I cant do a 180 and land on the pick up marker for 10-20 seconds of trying. My best time so far with me flying is 2:08 which I'm pretty proud of, I'm hoping to get it even better because there is lots of room for improvement. My best time ever was slightly under 2 minutes =)

Now true, besides recently, I've been away from the game since August of 2008, but I find that if you're good at flying the helicopter, it just takes a dozen or so games to re-familiarize yourself with the controls and it seems like I'm almost up to par with my skill for flying a helicopter.

I also quit several times due to idiot's that blew up the baggage carrier.

That goes without saying. Ditto to the person grenading the helicopter I just got into.

• 2 months later...
im tempted to go for this, is there a release date on the next gta cause i dont wanna start then a new one gets released

Ner.

Rockstar is keeping their mouth shut about anything GTA related.

And also,I'm quite proud to be a good helicopter pilot :)

Ner.

Rockstar is keeping their mouth shut about anything GTA related.

Can you blame them? Red Dead Redemption was only just released a couple of weeks ago. They need to ride on its coattails for awhile before giving us any deets on a new GTA.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...