Do you hire drivers?

F Zer0 X

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. Thanks. I was hoping for some pit crew but not that important I suppose. Back to the subject and I'm writing this while my hired driver is busy racing an endurance race on Forza 3. Once I've (he's) done all those I'll be 100% and I'll be ready to get F4. Looking forward to it.

Didn't hire a single driver yet...

Only hired them for those endurance races in FM3, since there are none in 4, there won't be a need...

Another point:

Hiring a driver in FM3 usually resulted in a win 'cause you always started from pole...

Just can't watch my AI driver trying to overtake... already hated B-Spec in GT5...

I generally hire a driver if I really dislike what has been handed to me in World Tour. I hate Silverstone, Sedona Full and de Catalunya. So I will sometimes hire a driver for those. Really depends on the cars I have available as well, if I have a good car that handles well, I may gut it out.

The only time I ever hired a driver was for some of the endurance races in FM3 or if I got bored with certain races. I don't plan on hiring one at all for FM4 because they got rid of the endurance races and there's so much more variety to the events now.

Exactly the same for me. I hired a lot in FM3, but have never felt the urge in FM4 as the races aren't very long and they do a pretty good job of mixing things up.

im a forza fan from forza 2 and 3 i have always used hired drivers in past when i feel like just relaxing and let the ai do all the work for me i like to do about 50/50 makes for a very chilling game but ive just started my career mode hit driver level 1 in first 2 races now im trying to find the hire driver option that always used to be on pre race screen i cant find the option anywhere to hire driver i wonder i am being to lazy do i need to wait for the hire driver option to unlock further on in my career if someone could help please if they know if hire driver unlocks later or if i have a bugged game ???

im a forza fan from forza 2 and 3 i have always used hired drivers in past when i feel like just relaxing and let the ai do all the work for me i like to do about 50/50 makes for a very chilling game but ive just started my career mode hit driver level 1 in first 2 races now im trying to find the hire driver option that always used to be on pre race screen i cant find the option anywhere to hire driver i wonder i am being to lazy do i need to wait for the hire driver option to unlock further on in my career if someone could help please if they know if hire driver unlocks later or if i have a bugged game ???

It's on the Pre-Race screen between Tune Setup and Difficulty. It isn't on every race type though, you have to do autocross and bowling yourself. It may need to be unlocked, don't know about that.

I generally hire a driver if I really dislike what has been handed to me in World Tour. I hate Silverstone, Sedona Full and de Catalunya. So I will sometimes hire a driver for those. Really depends on the cars I have available as well, if I have a good car that handles well, I may gut it out.

Silverstone and Catalunya are two of my favorite tracks, heh. I do hate Sedona though in all forms.

I never hired a driver in any game but GT4 with the enormous long endurances there! And in GT5 cause you can't play b-spec mode yourself! (wish you could, a-spec too small). Never even seen the option in Forza 3. I want to drive!! I hate manager games, fact.

ok if anyone wants to actually complete this game this year then do not hire drivers i tryed just once when it became availible in year 2 i think it was 3rd race i was about driver level 5 i will NEVER ever hire driver in this game again 1.its to slow. 2.you gain no driver or affinty xp. 3.hired rivers takes about 50% of your credits .

1.its to slow. 2.you gain no driver or affinty xp. 3.hired rivers takes about 50% of your credits .

1. Hired Drivers are equivalent to Hard AI and probably turn in lap times not too much slower than yours. They just aren't as aggressive in passing.

2. DUH!! You didn't drive it, why should you get experience?

3. DUH!! It's a HIRED driver, you have to pay him.

Hiring a driver is like masturbation. Most people do it, but nobody wants to admit to it. Out of those saying they will never hire a driver a very few will actually stick to that and get Bucket List. The rest will either hire driver eventually, or just stop playing and move on to something else before they get it.

• 11 months later...

Personally, no hiring drivers for me. I am playing the game to race, and I enjoy doing so. Some races are a pain but they're just a part of the game. Every game has irritating moments. If you truly enjoy a game you can work past it until completion. Not to mention that I plan to go for all the Achievements so I don't think I can get them all if I were to hire a driver to race for me.

--PrivateLeFeuvre--

Edited by PrivateLeFeuvre
Added further explanation.

Out of those saying they will never hire a driver a very few will actually stick to that and get Bucket List. The rest will either hire driver eventually, or just stop playing and move on to something else before they get it.

Just seen this now.

Bucket List is mine and I drove every kilometre myself and a lot more for rivals, hotlapping and online.

Just seen this now.

Bucket List is mine and I drove every kilometre myself and a lot more for rivals, hotlapping and online.

wow thats dedication right there. when it came to bucketlist being the last achievement to get, I hired a driver for every single race and just watched tv or did other stuff.

Out of those saying they will never hire a driver a very few will actually stick to that and get Bucket List. The rest will either hire driver eventually, or just stop playing and move on to something else before they get it.

I've never said I'd never hire a driver, but for this one, and both previous Forzas I raced them all myself. What time I spend on the Xbox playing games I actually want to play games, not watch the Xbox playing them for me.

• 1 month later...