Alarm Clock locations

Veil Of Seph

Hey guys, i just finished the 250 GS for Alan Wake: The Signal, and thought i would post a guide for the alarm clocks. Now being as this is my first guide, i am very sorry if my directions are hard to interpret. let's start.

1. The first alarm clock is located directly after your first enemy encounter, on the kitchen bench to your right BEFORE you exit through the broken door.

2. As you pass through the gate into the playground, directly OVER the log infront of you.

3. As you find your way through the basement with its many furnaces, just before you exit (you will know you are by the time you reach a staircase leading to the words 'Climb') pass behind these steps and head straight, and you will find it located infront of an armchair.

4. Just after your encounter with the 'invisible' enemies, head to the left of the t.v and make your way until you reach some train tracks. Follow these tracks until you find you are at a sign in the middle of a set of carriages containing a flare gun, ammo, flash bang, etc; and a carriage on its own to your right, head to your right and on the right side of the carriage, you will find your alarm clock.

5. Directly after your last alarm clock, head back to the train tracks and continue forward towards the light. As you find yourself getting closer, you will notice the word 'Turret' and a tent behind it to your right. Shine your flashlight on the 'Turret' to reveal a Large Spotlight. Turn this on and the alarm clock will be inside the tent.

6. (Note: This becomes unobtainable if you progress past the checkpoint at the end of this section. You will know where this is by a streetlight flashing on and off infront of the safe haven). As you progress you will come to an area where there are a lot of streetlights going haywire, turning on and off sporadically, and infinite enemy spawns. Make your way down the path accordingly, making sure to follow the path and not stray off, taking any shortcuts, jumping off cliffs etc, but making sure to stay to your left. Eventually you will come across a ledge that is fenced off, with a large conical-esque shaped rock formation to the right. If you followd my directions and stayed left you will have already encountered a gap in this fence BEFORE the cliff to find a little space with an alarm clock.

7. After the crazy light section, the very next area you come across (being the first AND only place where vehicles are located), head straight ahead from where you entered towars a little shed with the word 'wheels'. your will find the alarm clock near here. (If you do NOT enter a vehicle during this section, you will receive the achievement 'License Revoked' as you exit this area)

8. You will find yourself underneath a dock next to some water infront of a t.v, and will be ambushed moments later. Once you defeat the ambush, go straight and then left to see the word 'climb'. Shine your flashlight on it for a ladder to appear, head up and go left, then left again. You will find yourself on top of the dock. Run straight ahead and the alarm clock will be infront of you on the right-hand side.

9. Not long after the last alarm clock you will encounter a chainsaw and standard taken. Defeat these enemies, and follow the path ahead, sticking to your left. You will eventually find yourself infront of a wire fence with a building connecting to your right. The alarm clock is at your feet.

10. And finally, as you reach the conclusion of 'The Signal', you will find yourself in your apartment. Just head into Alan's study (first door to your right AFTER exiting the bedroom), and you will find it directly to your right. There you have it.

Well done, you've collected all 10 alarm clocks for Alan Wake: The Signal, hopefully i've done a decent enough guide on how to get these elusive little buggers. If not, feel free to ask for a better description on how to get the troublesome one bothering you and i will do my best to provide a better description for you.

Cheers!

Edited by Veil Of Seph

Hey guys, i just finished the 250 GS for Alan Wake: The Signal, and thought i would post a guide for the alarm clocks. Now being as this is my first guide, i am very sorry if my directions are hard to interpret. let's start. Cheers!

Woot.

Thanks much for the guide. Made finding my last two alarm clocks much easier. ;)

im having trouble with clock #6. i was running through the light post area and did not see the fenced section with the clock. i got to the next check point and realized that i went too far. i went back and there were no more enemies and the clock is no where to be seen. is there a better description for the location of it or did it glitch on me?

nevermind: i reloaded the checkpoint and it came up

Edited by littlejay

Hey mate, once you reach the next checkpoint, it becomes unobtainable (i'll add that now). As you make your way down the path, you will notice large rock formations along your way, symbolising a change or alteration in your path. Once you reach the 3rd formation i believe, you will see to its left a gap, and the a fence along a cliff edge. Continue along this fence to your left and you will come across a gap where you should see the alarm clock on some rocks directly infront of you on some rocks. It should be the last cliff edge you encounter on your way down, or your first heading up. Hope that helps.

If you did like me (and littlejay) and went too far for clock #6 (ie Taken are now gone and clock is MIA) pause & reload the checkpoint before continuing. When it comes back turn around and re-enter the streetlight area. Everything is back including the clock :)