Which was the hardest CoD Campaign and why?

Hardest CoD Veteran Campaign?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Hardest CoD Veteran Campaign?

• CoD 5: Word at War
    • CoD 4: Modern Warfare
    • CoD 6: Modern Warfare 2
    • CoD 7: Black Ops
    • CoD 8: Modern Warfare 3

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1)Cod Classic

2)Waw

3)Cod2

4)MW1

5)BO

6)MW2

7)MW3

Cod Classic was really hard , every level was pretty tough. No health regeneration. Waw was tough due to the nade spam. Cod2 had a few pretty tough missions. MW1's "No fighting in the war room" and "Mile high club" was pretty hard. Black Ops had that one mission near the end in that vehicle(can't remember the name) where you had to make that tough corner and kill a chopper and tons of ground soldiers with rpgs. MW2 and MW3 were pretty easy.

*Disclaimer Didn't add COD3 because I gave up on the campaign when I realized that it had a lot of MP achievements. Figured the servers were dead and once I figured out I wasn't going to get all the achievements I gave up the campaign. The little amount I played on it ,it was pretty tough.

I'm not voting in this poll until all of the CoD games are represented here, and in the correct order. ;)

And I don't just mean adding CoD Classic, CoD 2 and CoD 3. I'm talking about:

• United Offensive (PC)
  • Finest Hour (Xbox, PS2 & Gamecube)
  • Big Red One (Xbox, PS2 & Gamecube)
  • Roads to Victory (PSP)
  • and all the Nintendo DS, Wii and mobile games

Who's to say that Finest Hour on the original Xbox isn't more difficult than World at War on the 360? It isn't in my opinion, but that's my point. You can't exclude any CoD game because someone may have found that Finest Hour on Veteran was way harder for them than World at War. This is an incomplete poll. I agree with Nozza. Unnecessary poll.

World at War was really hard - remember "Heart of Reich" on Veteran? That took me many many tries!

OMFG! THIS! The worse part is.... i did this on a different account because i recovered my tag on a friends box before I had any internet and after I got internet i couldntr remember my primarys password.... so not only did i beat the game on veteran... I DID IT FOR NOTHING. I since forgot about my old account (which has the cheevos for WaW) and i think xbox deleted it since it was inactive for so long. I've yet to try to beat it again.

• 1 year later...

Yeah I found Heart of the Reich to be insanely difficult by taking out all of the 4 Flak turrets. The problem I had throughout this game was the grenade spamming and AI's spawned at a fast pace. But I beat the entire game on veteran difficulty, just going for gamer points. And I know that I will never try it again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I would have to say World at War because I've yet to finish it on vet, the others I've done. Damn grenade spam!

totally agree with this guy and i also have yet to complete this on vet! should have been called granades at war, the AI grenade spam is rediculous!! stuck on heart of the riech (i think it is) but im sure with some patience ill eventually beat it.heard COD2 is tougher still? although its not listed in the poll,oh COD4 (modern warfare) is the toughest of the modern warfare titles although by no means impossible

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Considering all the COD games I've played and beaten so far, as of this writing, "World At War" was by far the hardest to complete on Veteran difficulty. Bar none! Both Black Ops and COD4 were a pain in the ass in terms of difficulty but neither hold a candle to WaW. I can't tell you how many times I've rage quit on individual levels. I actually rage quit on "Blowtorch and Corkscrew" numerous times and was actually forced to skip "Heart of the Reich" on Veteran difficulty and moved to "Downfall". Granted, "Downfall" was a pain in the ass but it was nothing like the solar system of worlds of butt hurt that "Heart of the Reich" was. Most of that mission was moderately difficult, typical of all Veteran levels but when you got to where the Soviets stormed the Reichstag, I swear to God, it became "Call of Duty: Dodge 40 Grenades". The grenades during HoTR were just maddening to where I actually broke a controller once in 2009. I've counted as many as eight grenade indicators on my screen and even when I took cover to avoid enemy fire, grenades suddenly landed on my ass and killed me. It took me years to go back and try again. I finally completed that level in 2012 and in terms of COD, beating this level and WaW on Veteran difficulty ranks among my proudest achievements to date. So in terms of which game was the most Hell to beat, "World At War" by far was the most nightmarish to beat but I'm proud to have done it and now WaW ranks among my favorite COD games to date. :)

As for the other Modern Warfare games, I've found the Treyarch side of the franchise to be far harder than the Infinate Ward side. Both MW2 and MW3 were much easier than COD 4, BO, and Waw in my opinion.

Edited by DonTrombone7704

Where IS COD1,COD2,COD3 GODDAMIT? Those where the hardest ones!

CoD4 was a tough in some parts but overall easy, CoD: WaW was easy except for two parts, one of them being the pre-last mission.

MW2, extreme cake

BO? What a joke.

MW3, what is this? Veteran? More like a regular.

BO2, what is this? Veteran? More like a regular.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I voted for WAW only because unknown to most historians, each German soldier in the defence of Berlin were equipped with an MP40 and 500 grenades.

COD 2 still remains hardest of all, mainly for the last few american missions.

haha so true and they all seem to throw one at the same time and I have lost my voice for a week and broken a controller and now have a hole in my wall thanks to heart of the reich mission

waw also had infinite respawn unless you pushed forward. I also felt like it was a lot of luck too

• 4 weeks later...