worth $20?

snipeye

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would say no it's not.

The game itself, whilst being a bit boring and repetitive, is fine. However, since you can complete it within a couple days or a week depending on amount of time you play a day, it would probably be better to rent it and complete it rather than buy it outright. I think there are better games you could spend the money on and get many playthroughs from.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What kind of scares does this game have? Are they all jump scares or do they actually have some things that are just disturbing?

Everything really, from a wheel chair rolling down the stairs or a stuffed animal being pulled through a bloody hole in the wall with blood pouring out. I just got it today and only got through it a bit but still has that same feeling the other games gave you.

After the wheel chair rolling down the stairs, I heard something else a few minutes later and found myself looking around because I thought something was coming. Another part was turning off my flashlight to try and sneak past the nurses only to bump into something and when they started attacking me at that moment it was so intense I couldn't remember what to press to turn my flashlight on.

I haven't experienced any jump scare moments yet but I think this is best played at night with the lights off. Turn the brightness up as well, no need to have it so low. Great game, loving it just as much as the others.

• 3 months later...

I enjoyed this title. I had a few genuine scare moments. Remember, volume up and lights off! The combat system was enjoyable after you took the time to learn it, and its nuances. Story was alright and I enjoyed the scares. Worth the money, worth the time, and its an easy 1000 gamer score. It was actually my first 100%, lol.

• 1 month later...

I've played this and Downpour and honestly, I enjoyed Downpour a heck of a lot more.

It doesn't feel like a survival horror game at all. It's more like Resident Evil 5 and 6, more action oriented.

Downpour had much better aspect of creepyness and although the weapons breaking was annoying it did add for some interesting panic sections searching for something to kill the monsters chasing you.

Basically, if you put an emphasis on a combat system, it's not scary, especially when only the enemy you've locked on to will attack you while the other ones do nothing but wait their turn.

Stick with Downpour.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...