• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks legit to me.

from this pic you can see a smg pre-order! but only 1 smg? :(

this game lacks in weapons

http://i.imgur.com/b85sa.jpg

and from this one it says the 29th which i guess is of january

http://i.imgur.com/SZWyf.jpg

im hoping that 'die rise' will be a better map than green run, and i hope theres no tranzit with a bus going around the map with fog and lava everywhere

and please no, NO LAVA,

green run is my least favourite map due to lava and fog, no lava and maybe some fog and i would probably enjoying playing it a lot more

This maybe a coincidence but I noticed :

The image behind downhill looks like one of the snow maps from black ops 1 with the ice bridge in the middle (it was dlc I think)

Mirage looks like a map from WaW (the one with the Chinese sniper tower on the left in the map)

Grind looks like a mix of carnival from mw2 and boardwalk from mw3

Then the zombie map which sounds similar to der riese or whatever the other zombie map in WaW was but also could be a play on words as "high rise" the map from mw2 sounds similar.

Finally the SMG ? I don't think they would add one in as wasn't it once confirmed impossible to do by a treyarch staff member ? Due to coding or something. But others have found the "peacemaker" is a prototype German SMG which would fit it into the whole 2025 future aspect of this game as some assault rifles are prototype's but in the game already.

But how would it work for those without dlc? Would they be able to see and use the gun from dead bodies ? What if the SMG was OP? Those without dlc would rage at treyarch... As its an unfair advantage .

Looks legit but I'm very very skeptical, definitely about the SMG but the maps could be legit and are remakes from each of the previous games

Finally the SMG ? I don't think they would add one in as wasn't it once confirmed impossible to do by a treyarch staff member ? Due to coding or something. But others have found the "peacemaker" is a prototype German SMG which would fit it into the whole 2025 future aspect of this game as some assault rifles are prototype's but in the game already.

If this image is real then the SMG is most likely already on the disc. This would allow others to see it and probably pick it up as well.

If they can add new weapons through DLC, this excites me.

This.

I can see it being a bonus for most of the community also. I myself use every weapom in the game, minus snipers. Every gun is usable to me, so the example I'm about to dribble in to doesn't apply, but some of the community like to stick to their guns, and pockets of those players like to stick to just SMG's, and others will stick to one or two SMG's. Only being able to prestige a weapon twice isn't a lot when you use only a few weapons, so the addition of extra weapons with DLC - providing it's a weapon one would grow to like - adds a little more 'life' to players games.

And that what DLC should be, at the end of the day.

Maps are always nice. I'm not holding my breath though. I heard with every MW3 pack that they weren't worth it, so I hope that trend doesn't trickle into this. And this if the first CoD where I have liked every vanilla map.

My 1st impression was that the new SMG was for Zombie mode only...dunno how I got that, maybe because its right under the new zombie map and kinda has matching text

I clearly got ahead of myself (I've been wanting DLC weapons in MP since the dawn of time, I mean BF3 can do it :p), but this was my first thought as well (again, doesn't show).

It wasn't the fact that it was under the zombie map, or similar text, but the fact that we haven't ever had weapon DLC for MP before, and the name of the gun. It's name has that zombie mode aura about it...

*still has fingers crossed*

:)

This maybe a coincidence but I noticed :

The image behind downhill looks like one of the snow maps from black ops 1 with the ice bridge in the middle (it was dlc I think)

Mirage looks like a map from WaW (the one with the Chinese sniper tower on the left in the map)

Grind looks like a mix of carnival from mw2 and boardwalk from mw3

Then the zombie map which sounds similar to der riese or whatever the other zombie map in WaW was but also could be a play on words as "high rise" the map from mw2 sounds similar.

But how would it work for those without dlc? Would they be able to see and use the gun from dead bodies ? What if the SMG was OP? Those without dlc would rage at treyarch... As its an unfair advantage .

Looks legit but I'm very very skeptical, definitely about the SMG but the maps could be legit and are remakes from each of the previous games

This is alot of wild speculation. They're not going to have their first map pack have four remakes in it and then on top of it change the names of the remade maps. As far as the gun is concerned, it's as simple as a compatibilty update, games do it all the time. Although it does seem possible it's for zombie mode.

Edited by WalterWhite

IW said they were looking at weapon dlc but it would be hard to do, and also battlefield has dlc weapons. they will just include it in an update but disable it, and when you buy the dlc you get the key to unlock it

yes, correct me if im wrong (anyone) but the correct pronunciation of

der riese would be "der reez" when most people say "der rise" which is maybe why "dead rise" sounds too similar

and also what a terrible name for a zombie map!

"Die Rise" could be a zombie map of Highrise???

highly doubt that as its an infinity ward map

Title Update/Compatibility patch. Not everything is on the disc you know.

True but this is Activision and Cod we're talking about. I wouldn't put it past them to take the easy route out.

Really though, the only reason I said it might already be on the disc was due to either IW/Treyarch saying before that it would be too hard to add weapons in DLC. It'd be easier to have it already on the disc locked away until it's time to release them.

Edited by VVh1pCr3am

yes, correct me if im wrong (anyone) but the correct pronunciation of

der riese would be "der reez" when most people say "der rise" which is maybe why "dead rise" sounds too similar

and also what a terrible name for a zombie map!

You're right. Der Riese is pronounced Dare Reez while Die Rise would be pronounced Dee Risa.

And agreed, that's a horrible name.

True but this is Activision and Cod we're talking about. I wouldn't put it past them to take the easy route out.

Really though, the only reason I said it might already be on the disc was due to either IW/Treyarch saying before that it would be too hard to add weapons in DLC. It'd be easier to have it already on the disc locked away until it's time to release them.

Adding extra weapons isn't hard to do. Take Borderlands for example. Hundreds of new guns added in each DLC. All you need is the compatibility pack to be in other people's games. I have no clue why they said it was difficult.

I can't think of anything that has been disc locked in Cod except for titles/emblems like the Hardened Edition ones.