Use the Force, luke questions

Yeah, I can't get it to work on the 1st level and have played through twice.
You cant take the shield from the big guys. Im betting this is why you guys cant get it on the first level. You cant do any of the button mashing sequences at all. You just gotta use your fury on them so make sure when you get to them your force fury meter is full. Then click your left and right stick and do force repulse on them a couple times and it kills them instantly. Make sure to click the left and right stick once you kill the first one so you save your force energy for the next big guy. Trust me, this is the only way to make it work. Other people will tell you that you can take the shields from those dudes but you cant. Just read through this thread. Also when you knock the spire over and have to face those tall ass things with the long legs use the same method. Get close and use force repulse. It kills them very fast too. Another thing you may be doing is at the very beginning, the tutorial part, do not use your x button at all. It will tell you too but just ignore it and use force powers. It will still let you advance. If you do it just how I told you I guarantee you get the achievement. A dude earlier had the same problem and after I gave him this same strategy he got it first try. Give it a shot fellas. :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

False, you are allowed to take the shields away from the Carbonite War Droids, you just can't finish them off via the QTE.

It seems to differ from player to player, apparently. Unless I got very unlucky, I tried the first level several times with no achievement, and I pulled the shield every time. (Never finished with a QTE and made sure I never once used any kind lightsaber attack, including blocking and parrying.) It didn't work for me until I stopped doing that.

I know some people were able to successfully rip the shield and still get the achievement, but it never worked for me for some reason.

False, you are allowed to take the shields away from the Carbonite War Droids, you just can't finish them off via the QTE.

False, that may have been the case for you but not the case for many other people. read some of the posts in here dude. Im not the only person that has had the issue. for those that are not getting it they too obviously have the same problem so Im telling them how to get it. Then someone like you comes along and tells them they can so they keep doing it and they dont get the achievement. Im not calling you a liar Im just telling you for a fact that for some people if you take the shield you cannot get the achievement. Im guessing that it has something to do with the info on some disks. Dont know if you have played fallout new vegas yet but different discs are doing different things. Its just a common thing with games.

It seems to differ from player to player, apparently. Unless I got very unlucky, I tried the first level several times with no achievement, and I pulled the shield every time. (Never finished with a QTE and made sure I never once used any kind lightsaber attack, including blocking and parrying.) It didn't work for me until I stopped doing that.

I know some people were able to successfully rip the shield and still get the achievement, but it never worked for me for some reason.

''

Dude, some people just dont listen. They figure that if something worked for them that its religion. No matter how much you tell them that for YOU that by pulling the shield it fucked up the chievo they will tell you that you are lying just cause they got it when they pulled the shield. I even explained it in an earlier post that it varies from person to person. But seems to me that the majority are ones that are not getting the achievement and they dont know why.Well its cause you are pulling the SHIELD! lol Oh well, Ive gave my advice, if nobody wants to follow it then thats thier bad. You at least were smart enough to take my advice and what happened? You got the freakin achievement. lol Good for you man. By the way, have you 1000 pointed it yet?

'

Dude, some people just dont listen. They figure that if something worked for them that its religion. No matter how much you tell them that for YOU that by pulling the shield it fucked up the chievo they will tell you that you are lying just cause they got it when they pulled the shield. I even explained it in an earlier post that it varies from person to person.

I never said anywhere in my post that my method was the be-all end-all way of unlocking the achievement, I merely reaffirmed that by doing the QTE you'll void the achievement and that ripping of his shield is still considering using the Force only. I've never heard of that tactic negating the achievement from unlocking either so you must understand that it's the first I've heard of your method.

The bolded statement in your quote, which I quoted, is just silly as you're being hypocritical. Just because your method works doesn't mean it works for everyone. Numerous people have unlocked the achievement just fine, including ripping off the Carbonite War Droid's shield in their runthrough. So how about we lay off the hostility here and just agree to disagree over this debacle.

Edited by Son of Kyuss

I never said anywhere in my post that my method was the be-all end-all way of unlocking the achievement, I merely reaffirmed that by doing the QTE you'll void the achievement and that ripping of his shield is still considering using the Force only. I've never heard of that tactic negating the achievement from unlocking either so you must understand that it's the first I've heard of your method.

The bolded statement in your quote, which I quoted, is just silly as you're being hypocritical. Just because your method works doesn't mean it works for everyone. Numerous people have unlocked the achievement just fine, including ripping off the Carbonite War Droid's shield in their runthrough. So how about we lay off the hostility here and just agree to disagree over this debacle.

haha, my bad bud. I did say though that it is working both ways. I honestly dont know what the deal is with this stupid achievement. You would think it should just be the same for all. Im just here to help, I definately came across like a dick, my bad bro.

I did it on the first level using only Force Push, I figured not to use the force powers that wasn't used before the game prompts you how to use it and got the achievement. Easy...

Good lord, I bet that took forever to cill those big bastards with the shields using only force push. :)

Hmmm....well I've played level one 3 times using only force at all times, and level 4 at least 5 times using lightening and push the whole time only...

This mother fucker won't pop for me. Suggestions?

Ya, play level one again and dont rip the shield from the big dudes. It may not involve the saber but it prevents alot of people from getting achievement. Also do not do the quicktime kill when the A is above thier head. Just finish killin them with force powers. Same goes for the two big Mechs at the end. And the very beginning part that is like a tutorial, dont use your saber there even though it tells you too. Just use something else. I will pretty much guarantee though that its cause you have been ripping shield from the big dudes.

Ya, play level one again and dont rip the shield from the big dudes. It may not involve the saber but it prevents alot of people from getting achievement. Also do not do the quicktime kill when the A is above thier head. Just finish killin them with force powers. Same goes for the two big Mechs at the end. And the very beginning part that is like a tutorial, dont use your saber there even though it tells you too. Just use something else. I will pretty much guarantee though that its cause you have been ripping shield from the big dudes.

i can vouch for this, i thought yeah right whatever and then just played through and ripped the shields off the war droids as you only have to press RT + A and didnt get it, played using the force fury and just repulse method, turn it off and recharge ready for the next ones and got it first time

so in summary...........do what David Merrel says!!

I got the achievement and I took away their shields. you keep saying you did it on the first level and that level has retarded problems.

example: after i beat the game on unleashed difficulty, i got no achievement. i was baffled until i decided to check level select. it told me I had beaten the game on unleashed difficulty for every stage except the first one... even though i KNOW I started the game from the begining. who wouldn't?... so i replayed it.... TWICE and finally the achievement popped.

so as far as i know, first stage sucks.

I got the achievement and I took away their shields. you keep saying you did it on the first level and that level has retarded problems.

example: after i beat the game on unleashed difficulty, i got no achievement. i was baffled until i decided to check level select. it told me I had beaten the game on unleashed difficulty for every stage except the first one... even though i KNOW I started the game from the begining. who wouldn't?... so i replayed it.... TWICE and finally the achievement popped.

so as far as i know, first stage sucks.

Ya, some people are getting it even though they take away the shield but alot are not. It seems that the first level is kind of buggy. I know I had a shit load of lag the first time I played that level. It has been on and off, but only on that level.

Wow. I've done the 1st level three times, once pulling off the shields, the other 2 times not doing the QTE and just using Force Fury and lightning to kill the machines.

I didn't press X at all, not even in the beginning. I used Force Lighting, Force Push, and Force Grip throughout. I did one time using only Force Push and Force Lightning, and another time using ONLY Force Lightning.

I read the Gorog level was easy to get it as well, so I tried that using only force Push and Force Lightning, but again, no achievements.

What am I doing wrong? I'm playing on easy.

Wow. I've done the 1st level three times, once pulling off the shields, the other 2 times not doing the QTE and just using Force Fury and lightning to kill the machines.

I didn't press X at all, not even in the beginning. I used Force Lighting, Force Push, and Force Grip throughout. I did one time using only Force Push and Force Lightning, and another time using ONLY Force Lightning.

I read the Gorog level was easy to get it as well, so I tried that using only force Push and Force Lightning, but again, no achievements.

What am I doing wrong? I'm playing on easy.

Sounds to me like you are getting hosed. I recommend playing on a buddies xbox and retrieving your gamertag to get the achievement. I had an older xbox back in the day and I went through the first Bioshock working on the Brass Balls achievement and I know I did it right and achievement did not pop. So I took the game to my brothers house and retrieved my gamertag and loaded my last save at the fontaine battle and as soon as I beat him the achievement popped. I had a buddy who played Fallout 3 and beat a quest and the achievement did not pop on his xbox so he used mine and retrieved his gamertag and as soon as he loaded his game the achievement popped. I dont understand the reason for this but it is for sure an issue with the xbox itself in some cases. I know this has happened to several people I am friends with.

Yes sir, taking the shield off does indeed mess this up. Also you are welcome. I enjoy helping out my fellow gamers.

That has to be it, thanks Dave. I've been through that cursed level at least twice trying it. Once on Easy and another on my Unleashed play through last night. I kept my right thumb by the B button and never hit X. Only hit Y and B and RT to attack. I had to use LT for the mind trick part where u HAVE to do it so I thought that couldn't be it. The only other thing on my mind was the QTE to take his shield from him. In which I did and no cheevo. I only have this ach and the climb to Darth Vader one in which I keep falling. Time to get em' done.

Really does differ between players, after reading this I was shocked at what messes the achievement up for people.

My experience:

Finished the first level on Medium as normal, then looked at the achievement requirements so I started trying for it on the second level. As soon as I came up against the Force Acolytes I thought it would be far too difficult. So I switched to the first level, on easy and played through. I went through using a combo of Force Lightning and Push, even blocked a couple of times with LT, ripped the shields off the wardroids AND killed them with QTEs, I never physically attacked with the lightsaber but I pretty much did everything else that was available.

Just as Starkiller was flying off in the TIE the achievement popped for me, weird.

I played the first level over again and did everything right with none of the qte's. The only thing I can think of is how the first level didn't show complete in level select for Unleashed mode unless I watched all the cut scenes. The ach may not have popped cause I skipped the cinematics. Anyways I tried the second Salvation, level 7 via level select and did the same things but watched the cutscenes. Didn't even fight all the battles..some I used mind control on troopers to keep mechs busy while I charged reactors to open doors and continued. Fights I had to fight, I fought in the same fashion as I did in level one. Just this time I guess since I watched the cut scenes, the cheev popped, thank God, about time. whew!