Anyone working on Achievements guide?

DarkSephiroth

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ensemble Cast got nailed~ <3 <3 <3 200/200 get! :3

Custom (Ensemble) Assists is the key for unlocking. See, each time you choose an Ensemble or create your own custom one (doesn't matter if 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc), the game saves your choices after the match. Do that enough times (more than 50+, not sure of the exact number) and you will get it.

That's why the achievement hints at the word Ensemble (assists).

Ensemble Cast got nailed~ <3 <3 <3 200/200 get! :3

Custom (Ensemble) Assists is the key for unlocking. See, each time you choose an Ensemble or create your own custom one (doesn't matter if 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc), the game saves your choices after the match. Do that enough times (more than 50+, not sure of the exact number) and you will get it.

That's why the achievement hints at the word Ensemble (assists).

Ohhhhhh boy I TOTALLY missed the wordplay. I was at this for 5-6 hours then I had my fill for a day. I'll give it a go again later.

Is the Ms. Fortune achievement cumulative, or do you have to leave it off for an hour-ish straight?

Also, for Ensemble Cast, from what I've read, all you have to do is keep picking random teams with random assists until the achievement pops? Does anyone know whether or not you must finish the match for it to count?

Is the Ms. Fortune achievement cumulative, or do you have to leave it off for an hour-ish straight?

Cumulative. I played a lot of Ms. Fortune so when I tried for it I only had to leave it for about 5 mins and I had it while others are saying it takes ages.

Also, for Ensemble Cast, from what I've read, all you have to do is keep picking random teams with random assists until the achievement pops? Does anyone know whether or not you must finish the match for it to count?

I believe you need to finish for it to save that you used a new custom assist.

It is.

Ensemble Cast appears to be the most tricky of the list. I don't have anyones 9th costume, but still got this one very quickly. I did a few prior, but I couldn't have done more than 10 sets of 3 for it. However, others are saying it takes hours to do. In either case, I believe you need to finish the match for it to count.

You do not need to finish matches for ensemble. You can immediately go back to character select if you're using two controllers in local vs.

I have some questions for you and anyone who has unlocked the achievement, as I've been at this for a few hours now using custom assists and 2 controller local play picking every combination I can think of and it's getting frustrating.

1. When and where did the achievement pop for you if you didn't finish your matches? The loading screen after character select/before the match? The menu after you pause and choose the end match?

2. Did you play mainly 3v3, 2v2, mixtures of 2v3, etc?

3. Were your custom assists real special attacks (like someone's fireball) or were they simple ordinary punches/kicks?

4. Did you make sure to choose different assists when picking the same character? For example, would you always do Filia's lk Hairball when you picked her? Or did you make sure to change it up every time?

5. Do colors play a part at all? Or can you just pick your characters using A or X every time and just worry about the custom assists?

6. Did you need to bother with 2nd player, picking different colors or assists and character combinations for it as well? Did the achievement unlock for just your main account on player 1 or did it pop for player 2 as well?

Clearing these up would really shed some light into this achievement, and any help would be appreciated.

And anyone who has unlocked the achievement describing their exact method from character select to match and back to character select would be extremely useful. There must be some missing step as some people have reported getting it within ten matches, some after 50+, and some like me are still stuck.

Edited by Beast Legacy

1. Pretty sure it popped when the match started. It did not pop at character select.

2. Mixture of 2v1 and 3v1. Me being 2 and 3.

3. A mix of normal and random patterns. No intentional specials.

4. Random character select with a random mix of all three assists. Mostly custom.

5. I didn't voluntarily choose different colors, unless choosing random gives you a random color.(yeah, mainly pressed A. Wouldn't hurt mixing it up.)

6. On the second controller, I primarily chose "play again" to avoid having to choose their character again.

According to my timestamps, it took 53 minutes after doing everything else. I think there were few times I chose anything but one character. I also wouldn't rule out there being a faster way; this is just my experience.

Edited by InvidiaViribus

4. Random character select with a random mix of all three assists. Mostly custom.

5. I didn't voluntarily choose different colors, unless choosing random gives you a random color.

By random mix of assists you mean just hopping between assist 1, 2 and custom I assume, as there isn't a random assist option when selecting one I think?

Choosing random character gives you the corresponding color to the button you used to select random (if the randomly selected character has it unlocked). So if I hit A to select random, it'll give me that character's 4th color. I assume you just hit A to select random character, nothing special there?

Man, I still can't figure out what I'm missing. I must've done 100+ matches now since Wednesday focused just on Ensemble and it still won't pop. I even tried deleting and redownloading the game and using a different save file.

But anyway thanks for the quick reply, clears some of the confusion regarding this achievement.

1. Start of a match

2. 3vs3, 3vs1, 2vs2 were what I did.

3. Some where moves of diffrent power. Some were normal kicks with the goal to be as many diffrent as possible.

4. At first I was just doing the same custom assists but I started doing diffrent ones (still took me over 40 matches) after a while leading up to me getting it.

5. I was using some diffrent colours but I didn't use all the colours and mostly used defult.

6. With player 2 I just randomed everything.

I have some questions for you and anyone who has unlocked the achievement, as I've been at this for a few hours now using custom assists and 2 controller local play picking every combination I can think of and it's getting frustrating.

1. When and where did the achievement pop for you if you didn't finish your matches? The loading screen after character select/before the match? The menu after you pause and choose the end match?

2. Did you play mainly 3v3, 2v2, mixtures of 2v3, etc?

3. Were your custom assists real special attacks (like someone's fireball) or were they simple ordinary punches/kicks?

4. Did you make sure to choose different assists when picking the same character? For example, would you always do Filia's lk Hairball when you picked her? Or did you make sure to change it up every time?

5. Do colors play a part at all? Or can you just pick your characters using A or X every time and just worry about the custom assists?

6. Did you need to bother with 2nd player, picking different colors or assists and character combinations for it as well? Did the achievement unlock for just your main account on player 1 or did it pop for player 2 as well?

Clearing these up would really shed some light into this achievement, and any help would be appreciated.

And anyone who has unlocked the achievement describing their exact method from character select to match and back to character select would be extremely useful. There must be some missing step as some people have reported getting it within ten matches, some after 50+, and some like me are still stuck.

1. The Start
  2. I did 3v3 every time.
  3. I made a video showing what I did. You can find it on Admiralvic1's youtube.
  4. I selected random and did a random quarter.
  5. I did the same color every time.
  6. Every game I bothered with player two too.

I also got mine 4 matches after starting the custom method.

Finally popped... took me from 6:30AM until 12:00PM

After 4-5 hours of picking characters and pausing back to character select,

I felt it was going nowhere. I decided to play the matches out, 3vs3. It unlocked after my 7th win.

It happened to be on a 2vs2 match when it unlocked.

Your experience and the wild inconsistency of some of the info gathered leads me to think the achievement may either be glitched or require certain team combos perhaps, because my friends and I have been trying every method we've read and could think of and still no achievement.

For anyone who has it:

a) Do you remember the team you picked that triggered the pop? If not the assists then at least the 2 or 3 characters and what order they were in.

b) Did you play a lot of arcade/story/online before going for Ensemble Cast? I ask because some people report getting it within 10 matches of starting a local vs session specifically to get it, but I don't know how much/if they played a lot of the game beforehand.

I've scoured a lot of the usual fg forums and there still aren't ANY consistant guidelines for unlocking An Ensemble Cast.

Edited by Beast Legacy

A) Fila and I think Parasoul (had just finished all possible 3 team combinations and was going round doing the 2 man teams) And the special assists were just some basic punch/kicks.

B) I had did everyones Story, Some online, and alot of vs maches getting the achievments and doing the 3 man teams.

I think it's like the Prolix one and you need to get X unique results. As in using Light, Medium, Hard Punch and kick for each person would be 6 each. With the 2 defult ones going towards the total count.

A) Fila and I think Parasoul (had just finished all possible 3 team combinations and was going round doing the 2 man teams) And the special assists were just some basic punch/kicks.

B) I had did everyones Story, Some online, and alot of vs maches getting the achievments and doing the 3 man teams.

I think it's like the Prolix one and you need to get X unique results. As in using Light, Medium, Hard Punch and kick for each person would be 6 each. With the 2 defult ones going towards the total count.

If it does require X unique results, X must be a very large number indeed. :V I've done 60-70+ matches, and I've used pretty much every character's normals, specials, and throws. I've done both 2v1 and 3v1 (I highly doubt the opponent's assists count, as the 2P can't get achievements). I don't know what to do anymore... ;A; Also, is it confirmed that you don't have to finish the matches? Cuz I've finished every match, but if I didn't it would save a lot of time...

Ok, so just unlocked Ensemble Cast after getting all other achievements and after only a few rounds of 3v1 versus. Like it has already been stated, it unlocks as soon as the fight loads up. This tells me that its about the character selection process.

I basically set up a quick table to keep track of my selections(below) and marked each off as i did them.

Ms. Fortune[1st][2nd][Custom X][Custom Y][Custom A][Custom B][Custom RB][Custom RT]

Peacock[1st][2nd][Custom X][Custom Y][Custom A][Custom B][Custom RB][Custom RT]

...etc

key: 1st being the first move in the assist selection. 2nd being the second. and Custom being the place where you can put in your own combos. For example if you select Ms. Fortune, the assist menu gives you three choices, 1st - Fiber Uppercut, 2nd - Be Headed and 3rd - Custom Action

I did random characters and default costumes, used each assist in the fight, and finished the match.

The reason I post this is that I found something curious. Prior to the achievement pop I had completed all of the first assists and all but one of the seconds, using the method above, as well as a few different customs on a few characters. As soon as the match loaded for the last of the second assists, the achievement popped.

Considering the fact that it is only a 10g achievement compared to the 15g each of the character based achievements, I'm thinking that it may just have to do with using each characters 1st and 2nd assists, as well as giving it a chance to save after each completed match.

Note: I have never played online, and only played local versus prior to this, to grind the achievements, as per the youtube videos. I also never played Arcade mode and only have color sets 1-7 for beating story mode with every character.

Edited by UPR Captain

Ok, so just unlocked Ensemble Cast after getting all other achievements and after only a few rounds of 3v1 versus. Like it has already been stated, it unlocks as soon as the fight loads up. This tells me that its about the character selection process.

I basically set up a quick table to keep track of my selections(below) and marked each off as i did them.

Ms. Fortune[1st][2nd][Custom X][Custom Y][Custom A][Custom B][Custom RB][Custom RT]

Peacock[1st][2nd][Custom X][Custom Y][Custom A][Custom B][Custom RB][Custom RT]

...etc

key: 1st being the first move in the assist selection. 2nd being the second. and Custom being the place where you can put in your own combos. For example if you select Ms. Fortune, the assist menu gives you three choices, 1st - Fiber Uppercut, 2nd - Be Headed and 3rd - Custom Action

I did random characters and default costumes, used each assist in the fight, and finished the match.

The reason I post this is that I found something curious. Prior to the achievement pop I had completed all of the first assists and all but one of the seconds, using the method above, as well as a few different customs on a few characters. As soon as the match loaded for the last of the second assists, the achievement popped.

Considering the fact that it is only a 10g achievement compared to the 15g each of the character based achievements, I'm thinking that it may just have to do with using each characters 1st and 2nd assists, as well as giving it a chance to save after each completed match.

Note: I have never played online, and only played local versus prior to this to grind the achievements, as per the youtube videos.

As much as I would have loved this post to have been my salvation, this achievement STILL hasn't popped for me, even after doing this. I am on the brink of completely giving up hope. I have done at least over 100 matches by now, and I've used every flipping piece of advice out there, and absolutely nothing. I'm getting pissed. Nine plus hours isn't worth this. BC

I have done at least over 100 matches by now, and I've used every flipping piece of advice out there, and absolutely nothing. I'm getting pissed. Nine plus hours isn't worth this. BC

Its worth coming back to later once the method is hammered down, maybe when some of the dlc characters are released.

so, i just unlocked 'an ensemble cast' after selecting 'play again' in a 1v1 local versus match (valentine vs valentine). based on things i've been doing to unlock it, my guess is that it's one of the following:

• play x versus games as a team of 1, x versus games as a team of 2, and x versus games as a team of 3.
  • unlock x color palette options.
  • unlock all color palette options for two different characters.

i unlocked colors in the following order: beat story mode with all 8 characters, played through arcade mode with team of 3 (parasoul, valentine, and double), entered in the code for color 10, and then i played a lot of games until i got parasoul's color 9.

for some reason, i couldn't get valentine's 9th to unlock just by having her on my team, so i started playing some 2s for a while until i decided to 'give up' and just do some 1v1 practice games to work on combos. after about 5 or 6 'play agains' i got the achievement. when i went to look at character select, i had also unlocked her 9th.

so... i'm lead to believe the 'variety' in the achievement description has to do with variety in teams of 1, 2, and 3 or in color options available.

hope that helps!