[ Minor Story Spoilers ] Advice Required - Restart or Not to Restart

KrashKrunal

Okay, I really need some advice, now, I know for a fact that if I continue through with the game I can not get the Domination nor Destruction Achievements since I 'destroyed' something I really shouldn't have, at least not in this play through (it was supposed to be a Domination Playthrough). So the chances of me getting that are pretty much zilch.

Now, I have two options (that I can think off), I can either continue with my current playthrough getting as many achievements as I can, or I can restart and go for two 'perfect' saves, where I have pretty much everything in two easy to use Save forms.

I'm currently at the point where I'm just about to get the Blue Minions, but I'm just wondering whether or not it's worth me continuing. I guess it'd be great to know how the story goes, but the way I see it, now that I've gotten up to the point where I can easily farm Lifeforce (Everlight Facility), no matter how many minions die, I can always resurrect them..., that said it'd be nice to see what's coming....

...So what do you think, should I restart now or just keep going till the end (also how long is left till the end, as mentioned above, I'm basically going to get the Blue Minions now, I've gotten to Empires Habour)...

I'll see what the replies say by the morning, and go with the option that has the most votes I guess... thanks in advance for any help on the situation

If you really want both achieves, I don't see any reason in continuing. you still have quite a bit of game left, and while you'll be able to complete other achievements you're still looking at 2 more complete play throughs, during which you can get every achievement possible.

So the question really is, do you want to play the game 2.5 times for 1000 GS or 3 times?

I'd disagree, you're quite close to the end of the game in fact. After you get the blue minions you only have to get through the wastelands and the final battle. When going for a pure domination or destruction playthrough (ignoring all else) you can blitz the game in around 10 hours or so, perhaps less. You don't even need to finish it to get these (ie no Empire city battle) whereas if you drop this save you'll have to fully complete the game at least once. If going for other achievements (such as dark crystals or Treasure hunter) you'll be slowed down a great deal.

I'd use your current save to get all collectibles, as well as all the upgrade, quest etc. achievements then just focus on domination and destruction for the other two.

You've actually given me something to think about, Aaron... So does this game actually have some sort of New Game + mode? If so what exactly is in it, as in what gets carried forward?

I would prefer to have at least one 'perfect save' mind, which I'd like to be the dominating one (one where I have all the items and the likes), so I guess I could always start that up next and then go through quickly on a domination run...

Thing is, I really don't want to spend too much time on the game, but I would still like a Perfect Domination Save, so would it just be better for me to start again on a Domination run, or would you suggest me to continue with my current save and then just redo everything next time for my domination run?

Also I've been using the guide made by you Aaron, and it really is something amazing.

Oh and what's easier to do? Domination or Destruction?

You've actually given me something to think about, Aaron... So does this game actually have some sort of New Game + mode? If so what exactly is in it, as in what gets carried forward?

Oh and what's easier to do? Domination or Destruction?

There is no new game + mode.

Destruction is also by far easier. It is sometimes confusing trying to find which citizens are enslaved and which are not, but killing everything is easy to see. Also, in the elf rebellion sometimes the bombs kill the elves and it counts as them dying.

I'd say destruction is easier, but domination more useful if DLC is coming (ie having the forges/chests available in the towns) if going for a perfect run anyway then there is indeed little point keeping on your current save as you'll be getting all the other achievements you would by finishing now in your next. Should save you a few hours not having to finish from the point you are currently at. If looking to save time though a full perfect run tacks on about 5-7 hours to a save I recon unless you know off hand where every item is, thus you could finish out now in a couple of hours and fly through the next two if willing to ignore that.

Really all you need to be sure of doing is picking up the one missable Dark crystal, then if you feel like it you can run back through the came to collect everything. the only other missables are the domination/destruction achievements themselves and (possibly) minion captain.

Edited by Asariel

Thanks Aaron, I've now completed the game the one time, having gotten pretty much everything that I need apart from the Domination/Destruction related achievements, I'm going to now go through not bother with a perfect save and do my best.

Also, they've added a patch today, which adds "Downloadable Content" to the Main Menu...