Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

• 1 month later...

So haven't played the hell out of the Jap version, which I love, I can tell you that the achievements are very clear. Yes the description doesn't say what number you need, but the picture (which isn't hidden) shows the number. All of the achievement pictures have a number on them so maybe they thought it would be just repeating themselves.

On a personal note, since this is one of my favorite games, I'm glad it looks like it's going to be worth double points. I know you haters don't think game should ever be worth double points, but I've put 40+ hours on Tenchu already and while I WANT to play it more to see all the special moves do now that they'll be in English. If it wasn't worth the points, I would not even buy the US version. Anyhow, that's a rant I'll go into another time in another forum ;)

I think Im actually gonna have fun while going for the acheivements. Since this seems like a ninja game. Ive never played any of the Tenchu games before(friend says there's old ones). but I am excited and this will be the first game ive boughten since Guitar hero 2 when that came out.

and can someone explain to me what stealth kills are.

Stealth kills are kills that well use stealth. If you look at that little meter thing on the bottom left corner of the screen the number goes up as you approach enemies, if you can go up behind a enemy or jump from above them and use the attack button then you can pull off cool 1 hit kill moves, but you can only do it if the meter has a number on it. If it has either has a purple '!?' sign or a firey '!' then you've been spotted and can't stealth kill until you escape from them =/

Stealth kills are kills that well use stealth. If you look at that little meter thing on the bottom left corner of the screen the number goes up as you approach enemies, if you can go up behind a enemy or jump from above them and use the attack button then you can pull off cool 1 hit kill moves, but you can only do it if the meter has a number on it. If it has either has a purple '!?' sign or a firey '!' then you've been spotted and can't stealth kill until you escape from them =/

Yeah I turned all that extra circle stuff off myself, too distracting. If your stealth meter (the number James is talking about) is 90+ then you will grab the person and can perform you kill from there. Anything in this range is instant kill and based on your distance and side of the person you will have a different kill animation. If you don't have your weapon out, you will simply grab the person, at which point you can either kill them or knock them out. Good for civilians since you are penalized for killing them.

lol damn - i wish there were some more stealth kills achievs - lol - already got the 1000 kills - and im not even past lvl 13 lol but i have rank 5d all 3 of each mish so far lol

a 5000, 10000 would be nice lol - but thats just me lol

I think I last played Tenchu on PS2 and it wasn't to hard. The achievements look fairly easy, anyone have 1000 yet? If yes, how long did it take you?

Took me 20 hours to get 930 (beat it on hard, getting all the extra stuff) and I imagine it'll take me another 20-30 to beat normal & easy. I have 60 hour on my Jap version, but most of that is redoing the damn levels over and over trying to find which Tomikichi I missed. Still haven't found him btw! So full 1000 will take a long time, but you can get 900 just being thorough on easy.

Well, I just hope that the game can motivate me for 60+ hours. Other than that, seems pretty makeable to me.
Well I did hard first, and yesterday I blew threw normal in probably 8 hours. Hard to say exactly how long it was because I feel asleep ;) But on normal & easy, if you have feet3 & lurk3, you can pretty much just run around like a jackass and not play the game like a ninja. Feet3 is the greatest skill, you can run full speed and make no noise!

I did not earn any "mission" achievements while playing Co-op, while I did earn the stealth kills. Hope that helps, popping in the disk now to see what else I can earn.

The secret mission achievements are 5,15,25,35,45. I don't know if you have to get gold on those or not, but each of those is an achievement.

Whats up guys? I was wondering if anybody else is having a problem unlocking the Tomikichi Achievements.

I know which ones they are but for some reason it won't unlock the "Kill 50 Tomikichi" achievement.

I had no problem from level 1-20 but for some reason when I got to the 30th one it wouldn't unlock. So, I decieded to keep playing and it unlocked the 30 at level 37 and 40 at 47.

Now, here is the problem....I finished the game on another difficulty and still no achievement. I even wrote down all of the levels that I killed them on so I know I didn't miss any.

If I start a new game maybe that will help. Well, for now I'll get the last achievement and see if it unlocks then.

• 3 weeks later...