Is this game worth buying??

Alktrio3

Definitely buy if you want to do multiple playthroughs, beat your Hi-Scores etc. If you only plan on one playthrough then rent as it's pretty short but regardless of it's length it's an awesome game.

Gameplay is a little like Gears (on speed!) with it's cover system and jump/roll evasion moves but it's different enough to feel fresh. Check the demo, it's a decent enough portion of the game to try the gameplay and help make your mind up.

It's a must-buy if you like sweet action games! It is very over the top and so cheesy it drips of melted cheese. The controls are very tight and responsive. The gameplay is simply amazing, there is very little downtime just lots of shooting and stuff going explodey all the time. Why not try the demo?

Its a brilliant game thats a very tough challenge to beat on hard (well for me anyway :) )

My only slight niggle is the fact that a lot of missions have a specific quest for an ach, and if you miss it and want to go back after beating the game via mission select, then all your weapon upgrades are gone.

Apart from that it rocks

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying it when Amazon had their buy 2, get 1 free deal. Now that I've beat it and got all the achievements I'm going to get, I realize it would have been a good rental. Maybe not a 2 day rental, but definitely a Gamefly rental.

Don't get me wrong, this is a great game. I'm just done with it. I'll be putting it for sale on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...

nah, i was so looking forward to this game and now i play it "regularly" once every month. quite disappointing - no storyline, and very very very very repetitive gameplay.

bayonetta was quite the same. sorry these games look so good but then they just fail in every possible way.

Edited by natureismassive

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got it half price in an online sale recently, so the short length of the game wasn't an issue for me. The game itself is fun as hell, kinda reminds me of old-school arcade games but with current gen graphics and gameplay mechanics. If you can pick it up for less than full price I say go for it!

• 3 years later...

Now the game is under $10 it is well worth picking up. It is a really fun game that is very fast paced. The campaign may be a little short but you will have a blast all the way through with no standing around. The controls are excellent, it plays similar to a gears of war but way more fast paced and futuristic.

The game has a cheesy story but odds are you will be flying through kicking so much ass you wont really care. Hard mode is pretty challenging but nothing too crazy. The tactical challenges on the other hand can be a bitch.

Excellent thread revival! :)

OT: Vanquish is very much worth a purchase, but can only really be enjoyed on Hard mode. First playthrough could be considered training. Would make a great GwG.

Yeah the game is way more intense playing on hard. I have yet to conquer the tactical challenges but I am working on them!

I hope someday they make a sequel because the game really deserves one. Also, imagine this game with a multiplayer. It might be a little too fast paced at that point but it still makes me wonder what it would be like.

I hope someday they make a sequel because the game really deserves one. Also, imagine this game with a multiplayer. It might be a little too fast paced at that point but it still makes me wonder what it would be like.

Yeah, it would be like Titanfall on speed. I'd purchase it day one too!

Yeah, it would be like Titanfall on speed. I'd purchase it day one too!

Its a shame that great quality games like this get overlooked but buggy, glitchy broken pieces of crap get center stage.

Vanquish was refreshing! Platinum games almost perfected the controls and there wasnt any glitches or annoyances to deal with. I think most developers needs to take a page out of their book because this is how games are made right!

Its a shame that great quality games like this get overlooked but buggy, glitchy broken pieces of crap get center stage.

Vanquish was refreshing! Platinum games almost perfected the controls and there wasnt any glitches or annoyances to deal with. I think most developers needs to take a page out of their book because this is how games are made right!

Very true. Though the development team behind Vanquish are not just extremely dedicated, but have a lot of experience. Unfortunately, I think publishers push developers to release their games earlier than they'd like. Like Battlefield 4, everyone hates on Dice, but I'm sure it's EA saying, "no, it's ready to sell NOW!"

Anywho, as much as I'd like a sequel..

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0kaz8a55L1qdu2c4.gif:(

Very true. Though the development team behind Vanquish are not just extremely dedicated, but have a lot of experience. Unfortunately, I think publishers push developers to release their games earlier than they'd like. Like Battlefield 4, everyone hates on Dice, but I'm sure it's EA saying, "no, it's ready to sell NOW!"

Anywho, as much as I'd like a sequel..

:(

agreed this game is awesome. i like platinum games they always do something a little different and have mad ideas for characters lol lol bayonetta a witch with guns on herlegs and her outfit is made up of her hair. vanquish you got this guy in a futuristic suit with boosters on the legs haha.

awesome game tho well worth grabbing. i still havent beat those tactical challenges. dark souls on ng+10 doesnt have shit on those challenges