Difficult Dance Moves

LoveAsThouWilt

You can sometimes "cheat" moves by performing an easier action that will let the moves register.

Obviously, if you actually want to dance you should try doing the moves properly :p But sometimes I don't feel like failing the same Break it down mode for an hour due to messing up one move on the final recap repeatedly.

Here are two that work for me after some experimentation (both used on Crank That (Soulja Boy)):

Lean & Rock:

Thrust out your right and left arms as usual at the beginning of the move.

Now this is the "cheating" part. Instead of "sitting" as the game tells you, it's much easier to just lift the appropriate leg while drawing both your arms in towards your body. The legs should be sort of like the Captain Morgan Pose in those rum commercials. The arms should be drawn in sort of like on the lock emote: :locked (you should also bend your knee slightly and lower your body slightly, pretty much like the emote is doing)

Using this method I was able to hit it everytime, where as before if I tried to "sit" to do the leg bend, it was hit or miss whether I got it (this way is easier on the knees too)

Show 'Em Up

Instead of leaning to the right, stand straight and just stretch out your left leg at a 45 degree angle and jiggle it little, and also jiggle your arms while keeping them at your side. Use your right leg when you're supposed to lean to your left. (This one really feels like cheating)

I hope this helps :) Now to come up with something for Blazer step...

Edited by Requinox

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry to bump and oldish thread, but I just finally got to "Body Movin" on Hard and cannot for the life of me land "Running Jack." I looked up a couple tutorials/videos of people doing it and that didn't really help.

what's frustrating is I get "flawless" for the first half of the move (with the double on the right) but completely fail for the second half of the move (with the double left) and the only part of the dancer that lights up red is the leg that's not moving. I'm pretty sure there's only one way to stand on that leg. Anyone have any ideas? I was hoping a written description might help.

I tried for so long that the game stopped offering the "Slow it down" option and just moved me onto the next move. I didn't even know it would do that!

• 1 month later...