The Official FIFA Bitching Thread

BIGbivvie

I thought he was given the number 9 shirt when he moved to real madrid? Well now it says he wears number 7? Have real changed his shirt number or have EA just followed his shirt number on from when he was at manchester united ? ? ? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

They changed it mate, Benzema now has the number 9 shirt, Ronaldo number 7.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The commentary is terrible too. Lots of it makes no sense to what is happening in your match.

The loading times are way too long.

I'm playing matches on a Thursday? When was the last Premiership game played on a Thursday?

Fixtures are not even right for this season.

A lot more of the achievements are now online, but most of the time I can't even connect.

Will be trading this in while I can still get a lot for it.

I hate how unrealistic dribbling is in this game... if you watch professional football or play soccer yourself you know how easy it is to dribble through some situations wear they get the ball taken away. I also hate how you have to fight people off even after you have sprinted past them. An don't even get me started on the passing ability of the players in the game... its almost non existent for a lot of good players.

Players do not respond properly.

Example 1. The yellow cross displays where the ball will land, you stand on the spot, the ball flies over your head.

Example 2. you often have to switch player 5 times before you get the right one in front of the attacking striker, by which time it is too late.

1 Player Manager Mode.

I am in my 4th Season with Man United and all four seasons the Cup fixtures are just the same. League Cup i get Leeds United first every time then Newcastle in the next round. FA Cup i get Man City first. Champions League i get AC Milan, Anderlect and some other random team. The last three seasons i have had Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool in that order in March.

2 Pro Ranked Match

I love Pro Ranked Matches but FIFA 11's is simply crap. Im lucky if there is ever any more then 8 people in the room then it usualy says Connection Lost or Host left the game. I dont no if Clubs are any better but im starting to think it's time i joined a Club.

I posted a comment earlier about if anyone knew of good trade in value for this game. HMV just gave me £30 trade in for it. Given I paid £25 that is a good deal. Also, they said I could put that value on a gift card, so I can go back in 2 weeks and get Fable 3. All new games at HMV are £39.99 so you know.

So we are all in agreement that this game is shite. So I have one question -

why the rave reviews? This site 90%. IGN 9.5/10. Gamespot 9/10. One PS3 mag gave it 10/10 and called it football perfection. As this what reviews have come to? EA slips you a couple of grand and you kiss their arse. Because if you gave this game anything above 4/10 you clearly have not played it and EA have bought your opinion. This game is broken beyond belief and if it was tested before being released, the testers should have their bollocks removed by a rusty bread knife, their tongues staple gunned to their upper lip and a rather large pieapple inserted into their arse. Either that or they should be made to watch an entire episode of the x factor. I dont know which is worse.

Joking aside, charging people £40 for this crap should carry a prison sentece.

And once again, this game is a joke.

Everyone knows that reviewers often dont get to review the released version, so they cant check the online mode, and they also have limited time to review.

On top of that, developers often make sure reviewers dont get to see the good parts. For example, the AI on world class leads to impossible goals by weak players from league 1 or league 2. So what do they do? They make sure no reviewer plays with Man U against Accrington on Legendary and have tons of unrealistic messed up games.

Ofcourse some reviewers just receive a copy of the full game, but like I said a lot of reviewers have very limited time. In the first few hours a game can look cool, but it takes a few days to find out that a game truly is messed up. For example, it took me 2 weeks until I noticed that retired players were reincarnated and that you always face the same teams in cups.

I have wrote a few reviews myself for a site, and I would definetely not rate this game any higher than a 9. I probably would rate it somewhere in between a 8.0 and 8.5

Having a game of pro clubs there and we end up winning 2-0, quite comfortably. However, at the end it says we have lost points. I thought that was quite weird, so I checked the last result and it said we had lost the last game 2-0. What the fuck is all that about?

This has now happened several times, really annoying when you win a cup game 3-0 and get eliminated. I've been disconnected a fair amount of times now as well.

The commentary is terrible too. Lots of it makes no sense to what is happening in your match.

This seems petty, but it's annoying. The commentators come out with some gems. I've just scored and during my celebration, the commentator says, "That will be a goal kick." Or I've been tackled fairly in the box and the oppostion kick it clear. "The ref's given a penalty!"

The loading times are way too long.

Agreed.

Also, I was playing a ranked head to head match against Chelsea, I was Tottenham. It was 1-1 after 90 minutes, why did I not get the achievement for going to extra time with a weaker team?

Whilst this is certainly the best FIFA yet, there's so many problems with it, it's not even funny, and I'm including some gameplay elements in that statement.

Anyway, I'm only going to moan about Valdes, and how unrealistically shit he is on this game. It's so frustrating to watch him let a goal in that is so easily saved. It's like EA forgot to update him to FIFA 11 and 'he' still thinks it's FIFA 10.

EA really need to pull their shit together.

Be a pro mode: if you control your VP your team mates are shit and never make it past the first tackler

If you control the whole team your VP never gets picked for games so you cant play.

General AI:

right i play Legendary, but even then stuff seems ridiculous.

The opposition players are always in the right spot, they run in open spaces and even though you can anticipate the players creating a risk you can do fuck all cuz u cant control 3 members of your team at the same time.

Then when im attacking my team mates just stand on their spots, dont make runs and are really easy to mark.

Player switching: takes ages to switch to the player you want with the button and the switching with the analogue does not work properly.

when a player you are not controlling is sprinting and you switch to them, they stop sprinting, even though you are holding the sprint button and running in the right direction.

Absolute shite. I regret buying this.

EDIT: also who's idea was it to make the calendar day to day rather than game to game.

Edited by Pesho_T

You all spend so much time moaning about this game, have you ever thought that you might not be any good!

The majority of the problems you all mentioned ( especially online ) have been present since The Road to the World Cup!

The reason games will freeze or disconnect is because most of the people you play are downloading torrents while they are playing.

Also I would bet my gamerscore that 90% of you have quit a match while your getting BEAT! Take it like a man and grow a pair!

If you still dont like this game... BUY PES 6!

or just accept the game for what it is ........

what is it?

The Best football game ever made!

11 out of 10! (sorry)

You all spend so much time moaning about this game, have you ever thought that you might not be any good!

The majority of the problems you all mentioned ( especially online ) have been present since The Road to the World Cup!

The reason games will freeze or disconnect is because most of the people you play are downloading torrents while they are playing.

Also I would bet my gamerscore that 90% of you have quit a match while your getting BEAT! Take it like a man and grow a pair!

If you still dont like this game... BUY PES 6!

what is it?

The Best football game ever made!

11 out of 10! (sorry)

If you think one person downloading torrents affects the match, you clearly have no idea how EA run their servers. It's dedicated servers for FIFA, meaning you'll only fuck your own connection by downloading whilst online, as you connect to the dedicated server, not your opponent.

Secondly, most people would have quit out at some point, but no doubt so have you. Maybe not on FIFA 11, but on at least one version you will have, so shush.

Thirdly, it's blind, ignorant people like you that have made EA the company they are today. Yeah, FIFA 11 IS good, but its got numerous problems -- too many to count.

Lastly, if you go into a bitching thread, people are going to be 'bitching'. Use your noggin'.

what is it?

Poorly developed?

Spent a year working on the so called Personality+ and get rid of the ping pong passing and do a little on the rest.

Id rather wait 2 years. for now this is the last fifa game i buy.

honestly i try really hard to play without getting pissed off and ignore the obvious flaws in the engine but its just not working for me.

so for now go and be a douchebag somewhere else

1. calling a second player to pressure/defend with the B button is completely not working. Every time the defender in front of the attacker doesn't step up. Instead my striker or midfielder tries to catch up to the attacker from behind.

2. The AI on my team is always completely useless, especially the defence.

3. The achievement for playing with a team from every league didn't unlock for me even when I used a full list. :mad:

I haven't been online yet so I don't know about those problems but I'm not looking forward to it based on some comments here.