factory zero achievement glitched?

41inuyasha

I ran through the DLC and was very careful to always reload if I need to use Praxis or Weapons. I used a Lethal takedown on Burke and after reloading this, I reloaded and made sure to non-lethal him.

Still no achievement.

I was very, very careful and the only time I may have upset the game would be setting off a Typhoon (the enemy laser guided ones rather than my own) and blowing a mine up using a fire extinguisher.

Either way, it's a glitch or its just unfairly described. DLC took me a good long while to go through, and I really cannot be arsed having to repeat a run doing a fairly boring stealth mission again. I want to blow some shit up, but I cannot. I had to run the game twice without killing people for that achievement too.

First time I went through the DLC I didn't get the achievement as I used a gas grenade and an EMP which must've caused it to void (I guess they are weapons afterall, even if they are fairly passive).

Luckily I had a save near the end and just loaded it up and did the final few rooms without gassing/EMPing anything and it worked.

I find this game suits the stealthy approach even if they do allow you to use guns. It's just a shame the boss fights force gun play on you (except for Burke).

just finished this on first attempt. since some guys seem to have problems with it, ill share what i did and did not do.

didnt pick up/use any weapons/grenades or praxis kits at all.

didnt use lethal takedowns.

did use NON-lethal takedowns both undetected and in open combat while beeing shot at.

did set off multiple alarms.

didnt disarm or set off any traps and made sure no enemies set them off.

made sure no explosive barrels went off while beeing shot at.

edit: didnt set off any of those typhoon lasertraps

achievement popped right before the credits rolled.

I dont think this is glitched at all, i guess most failed it due to lethal takedowns, enemies running into mines or maybe by disabling/pickíng up mines.

but i might be wrong ofc.

good luck.

Edited by DoRk60

I dont think this is glitched at all, i guess most failed it due to ... enemies running into mines

good luck.

I really hope thats not it. I'm most of the way through a second runa t this and I think I set of some flashbang mines early, and some enemies definitely appeared stunned. I really hope that won't cause me to have to do this a third time. I wouldn't mind if the DLC was great fun but it's only okay and being so limited in how I play is making it much less fun.

I didn't finish my run but if it doesn't pop it would suggest that setting off enemy mines that affect enemies will stop this.

On your reload from getting all the above did you still carry/ equip your gun ? if you equipped it that counts as using.

I may have done that the first time actually. I had my gun out a lot (I really like the animation so did it a fair few times.) I probably had it out at a reload. If that does count as actually using the weapon, that is proper stupid. Either way not picking up a gun this time. Also not using any hack software (didn't last time either) or any energy recharge items (used a few previously).

Good news, Factory Zero will unlock even if you set off enemy mines.

Really not sure what messed my first run. I think it might be that reloading a save where you have a gun out thing.

Anyway conditions for me there:

No guns picked up

No lethal takedowns

Lots of non-Lethal takedowns

Mines set off (the EMP ones that reset your HUD)

No items used - no recharge bars, no software items

Lots of alarms set off

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Im just getting into the dlc again, and if what others said about kill-takedowns qualifying the achievement, there was one thing I noticed that may throw it off if this is the case.

I think in the part when you go outside of the ship deck, there was 1 guy who I'm positive I did a silent takedown on, but when I moved his body I noticed it showed the skull instead of the 'zzz'

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got this last night on my first attempt. For the most part, I was following this video ([ame=

]
[/ame]), although I ended up getting detected a lot. This person is a total ninja.

To try and help others, this is what I did:

• Didn't pick up any weapons, grenades or praxis kits
  • Only used non-lethal takedowns
  • Didn't disarm any mines but triggered a few
  • Used multiple energy bars/packs
  • Was in hostile state many times (also shot many times)
  • Set off multiple alarms
  • Played on "tell me a story" difficulty
  • Didn't use any health items (but did pick them up)
  • Didn't give the morphine pack to the patient*

* Mild Spoilers

Not seen anyone mention this but when you meet Dr Kavanagh (the same room where you get the Learn'd Scholar achievement) you can give the Hyron drone-style patient a morphine overdose to ease their suffering. I didn't do this as I wasn't sure if it would count as a weapon.

Hope this helps people narrow down what's causing them problems. The YouTube video I posted really helped me, I'd recommend following that if you're having trouble.

• 7 months later...

Just a bit of my 2 cents. at first I didn't get the achievement. then I read about the mines thing so I loaded an earlier save before I got those mines. ran through the rest of the game and got it.

I believe there are 2 reasons I didn't get it my first time through. 1, enemies through grenades at me. maybe that counted? 2, when you eliminate Burke the robots in the room explode. maybe one of those killed the soldiers by it?

but I got it anyway. time to play through this again with stealth, a shotgun and typhoon.

• 1 month later...

I got it yesterday.

I picked up the golden revolver, and dropped it a few seconds later in the vent (I just did it to spite Burke more than anything)...

only other thing I picked up was a bottle of alcohol (just because).

I may have done a lethal takedown... the reason I'm not sure is because it was during the whole gassing incident.

I wanted to save everyone, but getting the extinguisher into the vent got me killed over and over and over, and it's all a blur now.

I can imagine the game counting the armblades as weapons for the "no Praxis kits, weapons, or explosives."

annoying thou it would be.

I did throw one or two guys overboard on the ship though... so I don't think it matters if you kill an enemy...