Blue Ribbon Challenge Guide

xRelentlessx

Thanks for this, I tried to kick them off with Undertow haha, not so good.

That's exactly what I did. Hail Fire is the way to go!

I'd say difficulty rating at least 5/10 since you have to restart from wave 1 if you die/fail any challenge.

No good for me, too many enemies jump down the terrace...

How exactly did you do it? You got closer to them before letting them notice you?

Also I'd need help on two waves:

Wave 8 Arena 2: Two kills with rocket turret, maybe I have a really bad luck but it didn't seem to work for me! Do I have to posses the big rocket turret below their ship, right?

Wave 13 (?) Arena 4: Kill enemies with Bronco followed by Charge (or this is what my translation says) and every time I try Bronco-Charge combo I fail the challenge... any explanation?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No good for me, too many enemies jump down the terrace...

How exactly did you do it? You got closer to them before letting them notice you?

This is really easy, provided you fully upgraded the Hail Fire. Jump down where the dead bodies are and as soon as the Siren comes to revive them fire away like crazy. Use Devil's Kiss in combination to do some additional damage if there is any need.

This is really easy, provided you fully upgraded the Hail Fire. Jump down where the dead bodies are and as soon as the Siren comes to revive them fire away like crazy. Use Devil's Kiss in combination to do some additional damage if there is any need.

Uhm yeah thanks, but I was talking about Wave 13 Arena 2, Killing 5 enemies with Devil Kiss! ^_^''

Oh then I misunderstood the quote, sorry. I didn't try it so far I was just saying thank you for the tip.

Ok thanks anyway for your answer! I'm going to try again, let's see if I can get a bit more luck this time around!

Somehow I'm having fun with this even if I'm replaying countless waves, the only very bad ones are those with the Handymans imho, not funny at all. I still need the 2 Handyman killed while electrocuting skyline in Arena 4 and I hate it! >_<

About round 15 on Duke and Dimwit Theater.

You don't need to kill everybody. Destroy the engine and get back to the small airship and the round ends. I'm not 100% sure about this because i had died so i couldn't get the Blue Ribbon but it should work.

About round 15 on Duke and Dimwit Theater.

You don't need to kill everybody. Destroy the engine and get back to the small airship and the round ends. I'm not 100% sure about this because i had died so i couldn't get the Blue Ribbon but it should work.

I had to kill them all, but it's not that hard anyway. Just try to be fast and you should be fine.

@ Blaze & Jaska:

I'm only missing the Devil Kiss 5 enemies for Arena 2 and the Bronco-Charge wave for Arena 4, do you have any tip? Especially That Arena 4 challenge, I think italian translation is wrong because it seems to fail the challenge right away! :-/

Need help with any challenge from arenas 1-2-4? I'm almost done with them so I can give you tips for waves, I think we can manage to complete that fast if we help eachother!

Ok thanks anyway for your answer! I'm going to try again, let's see if I can get a bit more luck this time around!

Somehow I'm having fun with this even if I'm replaying countless waves, the only very bad ones are those with the Handymans imho, not funny at all. I still need the 2 Handyman killed while electrocuting skyline in Arena 4 and I hate it! >_<

Yeah I know what you mean, just aggravating. Personally I found the challenges in the Raven's Dome easier than in the Duke and Dimwit theater.

Yeah I know what you mean, just aggravating. Personally I found the challenges in the Raven's Dome easier than in the Duke and Dimwit theater.

Yeah, that's why I'm leaving raven's Dome for last, I'm just a little worried about the "all enviromental-turrets kills" and the "kill enemies while they are distracted by a decoy" (this looks hard-luck based, the decoy stays alive like 1 split second iirc and I don't know when it's safe to shot snipers)

I kinda lost the will to do these but seeing Blaze's 5.10 difficulty estimate, maybe it's not as bad as people on other sites are making out, so cos of JBlaze I am gonna hit this hard once I'm done with Mafia 2.:drunk

Yeah well you know I was always a fan of Difficulty Rating Polls but they seem to be not as popular as on the sister site.

As for the DLC, it's just a constant trial & error until we found the best and easiest way to complete these challenges, therefore 5/10.

Yeah well you know I was always a fan of Difficulty Rating Polls but they seem to be not as popular as on the sister site.

As for the DLC, it's just a constant trial & error until we found the best and easiest way to complete these challenges, therefore 5/10.

Yes it's 5/10, not very hard, but could take some time, depending on luck and skill mostly.

Confirmed method for:

Wave 13 Duke and Dimwit: as soon as the wave starts lob a Devil Kiss on the circular terrace where enemies are standing, if done fast enough, with a bit of luck only 1-2 will jump down, leaving you with 5 soldiers + 1 rocket on top. The expplosion shhould be enough to kill 5 normal soldiers and get the ribbon.

Gear I was wearing: Storm (must have I guess), Overkill (not sure if it's needed)

Someone could lend me a tip for emporia wave 12?

I have no idea what I must do, it says kill zealots and soldiers with Undertow-Charge but it's not working for me.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

Confirmed method for:

Wave 13 Duke and Dimwit: as soon as the wave starts lob a Devil Kiss on the circular terrace where enemies are standing, if done fast enough, with a bit of luck only 1-2 will jump down, leaving you with 5 soldiers + 1 rocket on top. The expplosion shhould be enough to kill 5 normal soldiers and get the ribbon.

Gear I was wearing: Storm (must have I guess), Overkill (not sure if it's needed)

Can you make a video of this please ? Thanks ^^

Anyone got any more tips for Ravens Dome wave 13? It seems that they destroy the decoys to fast for me to even attempt to hit them with anything or they don't even get distracted by the decoy.

I camped up there where you spawn and only used the SNIPER RIFLE. You need a lot of patience for this one since the snipers can do a lot of damage.

Emporia Arcade

Prepare yourself for some real hard challenges (in my opinion, some of the hardest ones). I would recommend earning some money in the other maps and upgrading all your Vigors and most of your weapons, since these challenges are a real pain and require quite some skills.

1. (Soldiers, Patriots; 9 enemies): Defeat an enemy affected by Bucking Bronco with a possessed Motorized Patriot – I found it to be the easiest if you first kill one of the Patriots from where you start (the one further away) and lower the health of the soldiers (probably take out some of them, since they are pretty aggressive). Then use the skyline to go to the lower bridge where the decoy is on. You will need quite a few tries keeping the Patriot possessed and the soldiers flying. But after using 3 to 4 Vigor attacks (for each Vigor), you should be fine.

2. (Soldiers, RPG-Soldiers; 7 enemies): Defeat 2 enemies who are riding sky-lines with traps – Right from where you start the wave, there are 2 soldiers coming in for you riding the sky-line (one from each side). If you are lucky, you can hit them directly with a trap and kill them. This one requires a lot of luck.

3. (Soldiers, Volley Gunners; 11 enemies): Defeat wave with hazards or support brought in through tears – Again, right from the start, bring in the Tesla Coil through a tear and start luring the enemies towards it. I was riding the skyline right near the Tesla Coil a bit (constantly changing direction with ‘B’) so that the Tesla Coil could do its work. After a few minutes you should have killed all of the enemies with it. Shooting the enemies and thus lowering their health will not fail the challenge and help quite a lot by means of saving time. (Somehow the last soldier got stuck in some burning garbage below the bridge. But after a melee hit, he was set free and followed me up to the Tesla Coil, earning me that Ribbon :)

4. (Soldiers, RPG-Soldiers; 8 enemies): Defeat the wave using a different weapon or vigor on every enemy - If you are carefully taking out enemies one by one, then this shouldn’t be a problem. Just Use different weapons or Vigors on each of them. I brought with me the Carbine and Shotgun. After a kill with each of these two weapons, I used the one’s they had left fallen (machine gun and RPG). You can also try to knock one of the enemies off the bridge with Undertow. However, be careful just to knock off one! You can also use the upgraded Possession Vigor, which will cause the possessed enemy to suicide, once possession is wearing off. I found out that using different Vigors on the same enemy doesn’t fail the challenge. As long as you are taking care with which you killed the enemy and not using that again on another one.

5. (Handyman; 2 enemies): Defeat both Handymen while they are electrocuting a sky-line – For this one, remember to use Undertow to stun them for a short time, to get their health down by shooting their hearts. Just before their health is dropping to ‘0’, ride a sky-line to get them to electrocute it. Take out one after another.

6. (Soldiers, Snipers; 7 enemies): Defeat all enemies using only the Shotgun – You might want to bring in a Freight Hook through a tear to get to the bulding where all the Snipers and Soldiers are located. Then just pick your shot one after another, since 2 of the Snipers shots will kill you!

7. (Soldiers, Firemen; 8 enemies): Defeat two enemies with the Firemans suicide attack -

8. (Soldiers, RPG-Soldiers, Patriots; 7 enemies): Defeat the wave within 1:20 – Not too hard. Right from where you start, jump to the freight hook on the floating boat to your left and use Undertow on that Patriots to get him stunned by shock and take him out quickly. After that, bring in that freight hook through a tear on that building ahead of you and toss the Soldiers off the edge with Undertow. Then run towards the second (and in my case last enemy) Patriot and use again Undertow to stun him and a powerful weapon to knock him out. Probably took me around 40 secs to finish that wave doing it that way :)

9. (Soldiers, RPG-Soldiers, Patriots, Siren; x enemies): Defeat the Siren before destroying the zeppelin – Not very hard. Only thing you should take care of is not to die, or to have an extra life. First, the Zeppelin will appear out of the fog. After that, two flying ships will bring in some Soldiers and RPG-Soldiers. After killing them, make your way up to the zeppelin by using the freight hooks on the airships. Get rid of the Patriot and the last few soldiers coming out of the zeppelin. Now to get that Challenge Ribbon, kill the Siren before destroying the engine of the zeppelin.

10. (Soldiers; 15 enemies): Defeat all enemies using only the sniper rifle – Self-explanatory. There are only around 3 to 4 enemies which will actually shoot at you. The other will come at you with melee- attacking. Just take your time and aim for their heads, as this will lower their health rapidly. (Fully upgraded Sniper Rifle will help here!)

11. (Handyman; 2 enemies): Defeat all enemies while they are distracted with a Booker decoy tear – Just as on the other map, they only have to be distracted by the decoy when giving them the final blow. You can lower their health without having a decoy set up. When their health is low, set up one of the decoys (there are 2, each one on a bridge) and kill them. Taking out one by one is recommended.

12. (Soldiers, Zealots, Patriots; 8 enemies): Defeat all Soldiers and Zealots with Bucking Bronco; followed by Charge – This one’s actually pretty fun. I did this taking out the 2 Patriots first from afar with a Carbine. During this the 2 Zealots will likely come up to you. Just send them flying with Bucking Bronco, followed by Charge to knock them off easily. After that, go down to the building, where the rest of the soldiers are. Then repeat the same procedure as for the Zealots and you should be fine.

13. (Soldiers; 15 enemies): Defeat each enemy with the same weapon-type it wields – This one’s pretty hard, as there are different enemy-types all wielding different weapons, including Pistols, Shotguns, Machine Guns, Carbines(?) (Glitch: If you have an extra life from the previous wave(s), get yourself killed. When in the detectives office, wait for a moment, because some enemies will jump off the airships, fall and die. This will NOT fail your Challenge! You can then get out using the door and get rid of the remaining enemies, taking care only to use the weapons they are weilding. Maxed out shield and health recommended // I am not claiming credit on this one. Found this out today by myself, but have read about it in this thread as well)

14. (Handyman; 1 enemy): Defeat the handyman with a Motorized Patriot tear – Lower the health of the handyman as much as you can, then bring in the Patriot through that tear on one of the airships. Setting up the decoy will help you to lower the health of the handyman.

15. (Siren; 1 Siren, various resurrected Soldiers): Knock 4 corpses off of Columbia before the Siren can resurrect them – I don’t know why, but I was taking a photo of the detectives door to show you where it is, and after the Siren came in, I got a Completed Challenge notification :) However, dead corpses will fall from the airships from time to time. I think you have to blast them away with Undertow before the Siren can resurrect them.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before: If you complete a challenge, but fail the wave afterwards, you can keep your ribbon if you pick ‘Forfeit ranking and continue’.

Unfortunatly I can confirm that you are only able to buy 3 extra lives per map in one run – the first costs $500, 2nd $1000, 3rd $2000. Afterwards, the ‘detectives door’ is inactive.

Edited by Cr4zyFr0ggg

I need tips for the last arena, Wave 13. It requires you to kill all enemies with the weapons they wield.

So far I think I've spotted Pistol, Shotgun and maybe Machine Gun. However, I can carry only two of these and I don't see tears for weapons, only salts. I tried Return to Sender but it didn't work.

Please, if someone has done that already, tell me how you did it. It's my last ribbon for the whole achievement.

I need tips for the last arena, Wave 13. It requires you to kill all enemies with the weapons they wield.

So far I think I've spotted Pistol, Shotgun and maybe Machine Gun. However, I can carry only two of these and I don't see tears for weapons, only salts. I tried Return to Sender but it didn't work.

Please, if someone has done that already, tell me how you did it. It's my last ribbon for the whole achievement.

Found an easy way. First buy a door then when round starts die. When you spawn through the door you'll end up being on the bottom area which I take you shouldn't be the case cause if you jump off the top area you just respawn up there. Then just wait down there and most enemies with jump off causeing them to die by their own hands which I guess doesn't void the challenge. I only had to kill the final 3 which all were machine guns. This worked on ps3 at least.

On a different note thanks to everyone here for all the helpful info which helped me to finish the Challenges.

Edited by Kb420mcl

Man I've had it with WAVE 13 - kill five enemies with one blow by Devil's Kiss in the Duke and Dimwit theatre. I tried all methods that appear here and on TA and by the CouchCouples video. Nothing is working. I'm sitting on 51/60 challenges. 3h+ just for this one challenge, not cool at all. Anyone who has a different strategy other then the ones mentioned above is greatly appreciated.

Found an easy way. First buy a door then when round starts die. When you spawn through the door you'll end up being on the bottom area which I take you shouldn't be the case cause if you jump off the top area you just respawn up there. Then just wait down there and most enemies with jump off causeing them to die by their own hands which I guess doesn't void the challenge. I only had to kill the final 3 which all were machine guns. This worked on ps3 at least.

This didn't work at least for me. Also I found the enemies have shotguns, pistols, machine guns and 1 hand cannon. Anyone know if possession works?