Mask Location Guide (Written and Video)

Tyger7

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/tygrt7/EnslavedReducedSizeMasks.png

The main collectibles in this game are "Masks". There are a total of 26 of them. You won't start collecting them until Chapter 3. There are only a 1-3 on every level, and most of them are very easy to spot. To make sure you get them all, follow this guide. There is also a video at the bottom to help in case you're still stuck on any of them.

---------------

Chapter 1: The Escape (None)

---------------

No Masks

---------------

Chapter 2: The Old City (None)

---------------

No Masks

---------------

Chapter 3 The Metal Tower (3 Masks)

---------------

Mask 1: The first mask is in your main path, and is the introduction to them.

Mask 2: There will be a part where you have to throw Trip up a ledge to knock down a ladder. This is while you're trying to disable a turret. Jump up to the steel platorm where there's a hole the turret can see into. Before you continue on, rotate the camera until you see the opposite platform that you can jump to which has a mask on it.

Mask 3: This is in your path after the turret section and making your way inside the locked door Trip must hack.

---------------

Chapter 4 Wherefore Art Thou? (3 Masks)

---------------

Mask 4: At the start of the level, you'll climb up to the first of metal platforms on this building. Go left around the building using the branch instead of jumping to the next platform which is to the right.

Mask 5: In the big building with the mechs that shoot at you from the higher floor. After defeating them you will find this in your path.

Mask 6: This mask is pointed out to you and you must get it to continue the storyline.

---------------

Chapter 5: The Crash Site (3 Masks)

---------------

Mask 7: There's a half sunken boat on the left side of the first area (where you are pushing things into the water for Trip to walk on). There's a little piece of land made of rocks concrete close to it with broken wall pieces. The mask is on that area of land.

Mask 8: As you make your way climbing up the giant bridge, you'll notice a "no mechs" sign on your left. Climb to the next area and there's a lawn chair and a hanging lamp above it. Drop of at the end to grab the mask before jumping to the next beam.

Mask 9: This mask it automatic, and you'll pick it up in a cutscene.

---------------

Chapter 6: Village Approach (2 Masks)

---------------

Mask 10: You will come to a bridge that prompts you to press :bbut:, but don't do it yet. Instead use the bridge as a ramp to get to a rope which leads to the mask.

Mask 11: After battling a good amount of mechs, you'll come to an area where you can lift the wall blocking your path. You will have seen the mask before getting to the door, up on a ledge. Climb the roots in front of you to help you jump up and to the left area. Jump down to the mask from here.

---------------

Chapter 7: Finding Trip (2 Masks)

---------------

Mask 12: Right when you start, head down the little hill and keep to your left. The camera angle will change slightly and you'll notice a pole you can climb. Keep climbing until you get to the mask.

Mask 13: While trying to catch up to Trip you'll eventually come to a big town area (a cutscene shows you falling first after a metal platform breaks). The mask is behind the third house on the left.

---------------

Chapter 8: Gaining Access (2 Masks)

---------------

Mask 14: From the very start of the chapter, run straight and slightly left, going under the green gate entrance. Follow the Tech Orbs to the mask.

Mask 15: You'll come to a giant windmill (the wind turbine). Hold :lbbut: and choose to have Trip stop or power up the windmill. Stop the windmill and jump on it, riding it to the opposite area and jumping off there. Rotate the windmill to see where each piece would stop, and choose the one that will stop on the top part of the area you just came from (you should have seen the mask on top but couldn't reach it).

---------------

Chapter 9: The Wasteland (2 Masks)

---------------

Mask 16: Right when you start the level, instead of following Trip down the ramp on the right, go on the path to your left.

Mask 17: This mask is in your path while moving obstacles away from an area so your boat can continue. It's towards the end of the level and can't be missed (literally in your path).

---------------

Chapter 10: The Titan Factory (2 Masks)

---------------

Mask 18: You'll see the first mask but won't be able to reach it right away. Make your way through the gears and finally when you meet back up with Trip and Pigsy, turn around and run backwards on the path they had went on.

Mask 19: This one you'll find very easily. You'll have to destroy a turret and it's behind the turret in an indention in the wall.

-----------------

Chapter 11: The Old Battlefield (2 Masks)

-----------------

Mask 20: Shortly after the level starts, you'll fight a lot of mechs. Keep an eye to your left ater you kill them all and you'll see the mask up a small ramp.

Mask 21: While walking on the giant mech, you'll eventually get to the grass. Instead of jumping to it, run towards the screen and you'll see an area you can jump to that allows you to climb up higher to a mask.

-----------------

Chapter 12: The Dam (2 Masks)

-----------------

Mask 22: Once you find yourself at a rail cart, hit the switch (if you haven't already). This will roate the cart so that the red lights are facing forward. Now get on and hold :lbbut: and tell Trip to move you "forward". You will now go back towards where the mask is.

Mask 23: This is right near the end of the level. You will go through the second half of the level making sure the sub's health doesn't take too much damage (all the while Pigsy hangs from it). Once you reach the point when the sub is lowering into the water, a door will open and some mechs will come out. Run into the room and grab the mask first, then you can kill the mechs and save Pigsy.

-----------------

Chapter 13: Grand Theft (2 Masks)

-----------------

Mask 24: After destroying two things on a gear for Pigsy, you'll end up getting to another area with a gear. Pigsy wants you to destroy the couplings, but before you do that, jump up the pipe (Pigsy is above it) and drop down to the mask.

Mask 25: Shortly after the previous mask, you'll come to a spinning device. Hop up and drop down on the left.

-----------------

Chapter 14: Pyramid (1 Mask)

-----------------

Mask 26: This is the last mask in the game. Pigsy will be firing a cannon. Continue through the level until he fires it for the 2nd time. After this, destroy the mechs that rush you. Now face the door you came from, and to the right of it drop off to get the mask (and you'll unlock the associated achievement as well).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtncQ3uaH7o]YouTube - enslavedmasks[/ame]

Edited by Tyger7
title change

aaaaaaaaarghhhh i need only one more in chapter 6 ... i only found this one:

u lifted up the the small "gate" (bit more than halfway to the 2nd watchtower) u have to climb up on a plattform. When ur up, turn left and drop down on an edge...u can already see it when u walk towards the gate ...

So any1 knows where the 2nd mask is???? its the last one i need ... after that i have to get 100% techorbs in 2 more levels and i'm done ...

In chapter 4 the mask 1 you describe is actually mask 2. To get to the proper mask 1 you need do the first short climb and when you reach the first balcony go left instead of going right. The mask and 3 tech orbs are on a balcony on the left side of the big building (just over the chasm). If you go around to the left after Trip hides in the container you can actually see the mask from the ground.

In chapter 4 the mask 1 you describe is actually mask 2. To get to the proper mask 1 you need do the first short climb and when you reach the first balcony go left instead of going right. The mask and 3 tech orbs are on a balcony on the left side of the big building (just over the chasm). If you go around to the left after Trip hides in the container you can actually see the mask from the ground.

Thanks, not sure how I missed that one!

got some chapter 7 love for ya.

right at the beginning you start in a round area. there is a path leading down a slight hill. as soon as you walk down this hill look for a pole to your left you will see an area to your right with a couch, table, and umbrella. grapple up a few grapple spots then monkey will flip up on a ledge. climb up 1 or 2 more ledges to your right and there is a few tech orbs and the 1st mask for chapter 7.

Thanks 4 the guide

I have a question

now if I got any mask and immediately exit 2 the main menu

will it count or must complete the chapter ?

Grabbing a mask auto-saves the game, just like upgrading does (except does not generate a check-point. So you should be able to quit out after grabbing it. This is more of an assumption, because I've gotten a mask and if I reloaded checkpoint or died, it wasn't there anymore.

Grabbing a mask auto-saves the game, just like upgrading does (except does not generate a check-point. So you should be able to quit out after grabbing it. This is more of an assumption, because I've gotten a mask and if I reloaded checkpoint or died, it wasn't there anymore.
No, masks do not count if you dont finish the level unfortunately.

Thanks. This helped me out a lot. Could you please make one for the orbs. I'm stuck, and it's my last achievement. The one for collecting all orbs! :locked

I got all the orbs so I can't go back to find them unless I started completely over! There's a tech orb guide in the progress right now though I think up to chapter 6 (it's in the forums as "tech orb guide").

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...