Guide to Tricky 5th Weapons

BlackDragon

Having run headfirst into trouble a number of times while collecting 5-star weapons, I decided to write up this quick-and-dirty guide to them. At the moment, advice on how to fulfill some of the nastier weapon-requirements are scattered across half a dozen different threads, which is impractical at best. So I'm going to collect 'em here - most of these strategies, in other words, aren't my own. (To be specific, The Duke of Darkness provided most of them.)

Either way, I'll only be mentioning weapons that I, or others on this board, have found that they have trouble with. In the end, the majority of the weapons can be obtained simply by leveling the relevant character to 99, maxing out his Attack, and focusing on the specific task you're given. By the same logic, I won't be going into detail concerning the specific task, since anyone can find those in the Wiki's weapon-list, or the game's Weapon Gallery.

WU

Lu Xun's Crimson Swallow - Battle of Yiling: The trick here is to ignore the initial mission the game gives you - clearing out 3 garrisons around the main base - and instead proceed north by jumping off a cliff. Then take out the enemies in front of you, gain access to the garrison to the north, and defeat the various enemies who then spawn to attack you. If your allies haven't finished the 3 initial garrisons by then, you may have to head back and help them - only when those garrisons have fallen, will Liu Bei disappear, thus starting the clock on the weapon's requirement...

Sun Quan's Emperor's Might - Battle of Liang Province: Resist the urge to run around helping all of your allies - instead, focus on driving through with your own assigned part of the battle as quickly as humanly possible. You need to get to the point where you pull off an ambush ASAP, since doing so will raise the morale of your troops enough to prevent any of your officers from dying too quickly. Playing in Free Mode rather than Story Mode will also make matters easier, since the slightly increased difficulty paradoxically makes your allies tougher.

Xiaoqiao's Illusion Fan - Assault at Xinye: The confusion here is that rescuing the Panda always spawns a number of treasures nearby, as well as spawning the weapon if you have fulfilled the other requirements. The weapon is NOT one of the treasures that spawn nearby, and actually appears quite a bit further down the road. Make sure you're looking at the right 'treasure spawned' message if you're wondering what happened...

Han Dang's Stormy Pike - Defense of Jiangxia: The pertinent fact here is that there are two separate garrisons on your eastern flank, one directly above the other. In order to hold the line - and get the message that you have done so - you only need to make sure that BOTH the eastern garrisons don't fall. But to get the weapon, you must protect both of them. If Xu Huang manages to reach the first garrison, he can capture it in a second or two if you're unlucky - so make sure to intercept him BEFORE he gets there. (Start riding in that direction as soon as Wang Yi goes down on the western front - don't wait for the eastern offensive to get started before you move to intercept.)

SHU

Ma Dai's Heavenly Brush - Battle of Wuzhang Plains: As always, the tricky part is keeping all your officers alive long enough to accomplish your goal. The important bit is right at first - a minor officer is isolated on a path to the east, and being attacked by an equally minor enemy officer. Leave him alone for too long, and he WILL die. You've got time to defeat maybe one or two of your starting targets, before you need to divert yourself down there to rescue him, then quickly return to the main melee.

Guan Suo's Storm Wave - Battle of Fan Castle (Historical): The problem in this case is not so much getting the weapon to spawn, but getting TO it. The weapon is on the other side of Cao Ren, whose defeat spells an instant (cutscene-induced) end to the battle. If you fail to notice that the escape-point has been moved, it's easy to forget that - so make sure you dash past him and collect your weapon as soon as the final gate opens.

Xingcai's Heavenly Set - Battle of Tianshui: Here, your problem will be getting through the central garrison before Jian Wei reaches Anding. Once you've broken through the ambushes on the way to your first meeting with Jian Wei, it would be wise to divert and take out every enemy officer you can reach - otherwise, they'll delay the opening of the central garrison's gates. Later, once the gates DO open, you'll need to beeline for the commander of Anding - defeat the officer holding the outer gates, but ignore the first two officers you meet inside. You only need to defeat the commander in the back room to 'take' Anding, and you can clean up later...

Guan Yinping's Dragon Smasher - Battle of Fan Castle (Hypothetical): The main issue here is that your targets - the Wu officers - scatter the moment they appear. Half of them will stay where they are, while the other half dash ahead, completely ignoring you. At the same time, you've got a lot of 'friendly' officers looking to kill-steal on you, especially considering how high your Morale is likely to be at this point. To maximize your chances, bring a good horse (Red Hare would be ideal, obviously) and a powerful weapon that attacks on only one side of the horse. (Alternately, bring a powerful Harp, since its mounted attack is omnidirectional - but if so, make sure to equip the relevant skill to raise your ability to use it). Combine this with a high Equestrian skill, and perhaps leveling your character to 99 (with maxed-out Attack being MAYBE a tad overkill). You'll need to essentially ride down the runners, killing them on the move as fast as you can, in order to return to the landing-zone and defeat all the officers there before your allies get a chance to. (You may want to use a Rage Attack at that point, but continuing with mounted attacks can work just as well.)

WEI

Xiahou Yuan's Bow of Destruction - Escape from Louyang: The important part here is that you need to jump down into the siege-weapon testing area between the point where Lu Bu reaches the first door, and the point where he breaks through it. Since this battle is so easy, it's not hard to accidentally reach that point before Lu Bu even gets to the door - in which case you'd get nothing.

Xiahou Dun's Demon Slayer - Battle of Fan Castle: Of the three officers you need to rescue before they turn sides, the western one is almost always the first to break. So resist the impulse to clean up the enemies in front of you first, and head west right off the bat, before sweeping east. Also, you need to get the 'thanks for rescuing me' message from each of the officers for the weapon to spawn - under some circumstances, the enemy officers you need to defeat can wind up quite a ways from them, enabling you to defeat them without ever getting close enough to the targets to officially 'rescue' them.

Wang Yi's Azure Tip - Battle of Tong Gate: The problem here is an outright bug, which will cause the battle to end prematurely (in a victory, but denying you the chance to collect your weapon) shortly after you breach the first gate with the ram. The way to bypass this issue is to make sure that, when the ram is breaking down the gates, you are either on top of or on the other side of it - by way of the eastern passage that you used to take out the ballistae on top of the wall to begin with. Another point to keep in mind - if you can pull off Han Sui's defection correctly, both the battle and the weapon-requirement become much easier. To do so, equip a powerful Harp as your secondary weapon in order to defeat ordinary enemies from horseback with extreme efficiency, and try to stick mainly to the southern enemy spawn-point during the slaughter - if you're too far north, Pang De will stumble on Han Sui even if he's heading for YOU.

Jia Xu's Heavenly Sickle - Battle of Xiapi: The thing to keep in mind here is that your target is quite fragile. Spend too much time intercepting the messenger, or get tied down fighting enemy officers on the western flank, and your allies are liable to finish him without you - in which case, no weapon for you.

Li Dian's Heavenly Destruction - Battle of Hulao Gate: There are two issues to keep in mind in this stage. Firstly, you'll need to personally clear both the eastern and the central passage from the main camp, starting with the eastern one since it's the shortest, and has one of the weakest officers leading it. (In fact, if you don't move with some celerity, he can very well wind up getting killed by ordinary soldiers...) Only the western passage is capable of looking after itself, since it's being advanced by all three Brothers of the Peach-Tree Oath. Secondly, DO NOT PURSUE LU BU. No, seriously, don't. The weapon will pop the moment he APPEARS - you don't NEED to fight him at all. And in Hard Mode, despite this otherwise being a rather low-level scenario, he WILL utterly murderize even a level 99 character in a couple of hits. If you've completely maxed out all stats and have a potent weapon equipped - and want a major challenge - then by all means, go for it. Just make sure you do so AFTER picking up the 5-star weapon - and saving. You'll need it. (On the other hand, if you follow my advice and leave the ancient chinese equivalent of a tactical nuclear strike well enough alone, this weapon is easily gained with a level 50 character.)

JIN

Xiahou Ba's Spear of Conquest - Capture of Chengdu: In order for your targets to spawn, you need to be the one who delivers the finishing blow to Jiang Wei. If you let any of your allies take that honor, Guan Suo and Guan Yinping won't appear for you to intercept in the first place...

If there are any other weapons anyone's having trouble with, let it be known...

Edited by BlackDragon

Awesome guide man. I've only gotten two 5-star weapons while my brother was over (to play as my level 99 Lu Bu), and this will make life a lot easier, because like you said, replaying missions over and over trying to figure out what exactly you did wrong can be a pain.

On that note, maybe it is worth mentioning right at the top of your guide that, as a general rule, whenever you need to "rescue" people or prevent them from defecting, etc., you almost always need to wait for them to encounter an enemy officer, and for the game to prompt you that they need help/are going to defect soon/etc. I had to replay Lu Bu's battle 3-4 times until I realized I was killing the officers too soon, and to finally get the timing just right where I was killing off all the necessary officers to prevent my 3 allies from defecting, without one of them being killed before the dialogue prompt even popped up.

One other question, since this thread is about 5-star weapons: when playing co-op to obtain these weapons, I know one person has to be the character whose weapon you're going after, but does it have to be player 1/the host? I tried for Xu Zhu's a couple times, and it seemed really easy to meet the requirements, but the weapon never appeared until I was the one playing as Xu Zhu. I just wanted to check if it is the case that player 1 must be the required character, or if I just did something wrong and didn't realize it.

Yes, Player 1 has to be the correct character. The game basically just ignores Player 2 for all intends and purposes - in most ways, it doesn't even notice that he exists.

As for needing to wait for the proper dialogues to pop up before rescuing someone - I actually didn't know about that. In both of the 'quickly rescue a bunch of officers before they defect' scenarios, I've found it more than challenging enough to actually pull it OFF, without leaving any time to do it too SOON... I mean, I had to do Lu Bu's scenario a few times too, just to do it fast enough. Of course, I did it all in single-player... I suppose with a Player 2 on hand, pre-empting the game in that way becomes far more likely.

Come to think of it, that seems to be a general 'thing'... like Xiahou Yuan's scenario, where you'll miss out on the weapon if you reach your destination too SOON, too. Sloppy coding, if you ask me. But other than Xiahou Yuan's bit, I suspect you really DO need to be playing two-player to get much of a chance at that happening, and I don't have any experience with that, so I can't really speak for any other wrinkles that might provoke...

Still, I'd probably add your experiences with Lu Bu's scenario - or at least the short warning you suggested - to my list... if I wasn't coming right up against the character-limit for a single post as it is. I'm literally within two or three letters of it - not enough to add anything without serious editing. And I sadly didn't have the foresight to 'reserve' a second post. Hopefully, anyone having trouble will read far enough down to see your post...

Oh, and for the record - I recently finished collecting all of the 5-star weapons, so the list is as complete as I can make it. (Good thing too, what with the problem mentioned above. >_>)

Edited by BlackDragon

Haha fair enough. I've run into the same issue.

Even without co-op, with Lu Bu's for example, if you rush right to the first officer, you could still "save" him before he asks for help. I ended up doing that by accident a couple times and didn't realize it. But you're right, with co-op, it's definitely bound to happen more often, especially splitting up to tackle multiple requirements simultaneously.

• 2 weeks later...

Li Dian's Heavenly Destruction - Battle of Hulao Gate: There are two issues to keep in mind in this stage. Firstly, you'll need to personally clear both the eastern and the central passage from the main camp, starting with the eastern one since it's the shortest, and has one of the weakest officers leading it. (In fact, if you don't move with some celerity, he can very well wind up getting killed by ordinary soldiers...) Only the western passage is capable of looking after itself, since it's being advanced by all three Brothers of the Peach-Tree Oath. Secondly, DO NOT PURSUE LU BU. No, seriously, don't. The weapon will pop the moment he APPEARS - you don't NEED to fight him at all. And in Hard Mode, despite this otherwise being a rather low-level scenario, he WILL utterly murderize even a level 99 character in a couple of hits. If you've completely maxed out all stats and have a potent weapon equipped - and want a major challenge - then by all means, go for it. Just make sure you do so AFTER picking up the 5-star weapon - and saving. You'll need it. (On the other hand, if you follow my advice and leave the ancient chinese equivalent of a tactical nuclear strike well enough alone, this weapon is easily gained with a level 50 character.)

Man, when I did this stage, I was so worried when I saw Lu Bu running towards me and I didn't have my horse nearby, and I remember on my Story playthrough of this stage, even on beginner he was destroying me. But then playing on hard to get this weapon, I killed him in one hit before he could even touch me. Maybe he does a lot of damage on hard, but he didn't even get a chance to wind up to swing at me. Apparently throwing knives are even more OP than I originally thought, since they killed him in one hit on Hard.

Man, when I did this stage, I was so worried when I saw Lu Bu running towards me and I didn't have my horse nearby, and I remember on my Story playthrough of this stage, even on beginner he was destroying me. But then playing on hard to get this weapon, I killed him in one hit before he could even touch me. Maybe he does a lot of damage on hard, but he didn't even get a chance to wind up to swing at me. Apparently throwing knives are even more OP than I originally thought, since they killed him in one hit on Hard.

Well, Throwing Knives with the right set of skills are pretty much ridiculous... I've never made a set myself, so I wouldn't know if that made Lu Bu a pushover even on Hard. I just know that when I first went for that weapon - with a Li Dian in his 60's and a pretty good 4-dot weapon - I was just chipping away at that bloody cockroach for ages, before he finally decided to retaliate and killed me in three hits. :eek:

Well, Throwing Knives with the right set of skills are pretty much ridiculous... I've never made a set myself, so I wouldn't know if that made Lu Bu a pushover even on Hard. I just know that when I first went for that weapon - with a Li Dian in his 60's and a pretty good 4-dot weapon - I was just chipping away at that bloody cockroach for ages, before he finally decided to retaliate and killed me in three hits. :eek:

Ah I had my Li Dian at level 99 just in case, since when I played on beginner in the Story, I spent a while chipping away his health. He attacked me down to yellow health, I got some health back, chipped away some more, got him down to around 1/4 health but he took me down to yellow again. So I ran away looking for health. Ran into Diaochan and killed her really quick in the process, not remembering that Lu Bu always flips shit if you defeat Diaochan. He rages and is back to full again after all that. Needless to say, I decided FUCK THAT and got the hell out of there. I saw your bit about him being such a challenge on Hard and decided to interim save right before fighting him, just to see how crazy it is. So I was pretty surprised to kill him in one hit before he even reached me haha

But yeah, I got lucky and found a set of level 4 throwing knives at the Blacksmith with only Thorns and Roar on them. Added Cyclone, Slash, Jubilation and Induction and so far I've gotten literally every 5-star weapon on my first attempt (currently 25 of 78 left to get) without even planning out the battles ahead of time. The only ones I cut it pretty close on, in terms of meeting the requirements in time, were Diaochan and Zhang Liao, but that was also going into all of the battles essentially blind, with just my memory from playing them in the story mode. Plus I've been killing every single officer, including Unit Commanders, on my way, not rushing past anyone. Also, I've done every 5-star weapon in Free Mode. Is story mode easier for most of them? Not that it's mattered for me at all, I was just curious. I looked around a little and didn't notice a way to discern how difficult a stage is. I remember in previous titles seeing a certain amount of stars for how difficult a stage is, but didn't notice it here.

Edited by Necrophage33

If anything Free Mode is EASIER when it comes to meeting bonus requirements...

And I suppose a lot of the more challenging weapons WOULD be much easier to get that way... of course, they'd also be somewhat pointless at that point. I know you can turn any character into an unstoppable force of nature with the right set of throwing-knives, but I find that I have MUCH more fun with the game by sticking mainly with each character's designated EX weapon, and a secondary weapon from their 4-star list that suits them. Which of course also means that I'm now actually using each of those hard-won 5-star weapons.

Mind, I'm not knocking you for engineering up an unstoppable superweapon - it's up to everyone to play the game the way they find most entertaining. I'm just saying, the list of tough 5th-star weapons I accumulated is based on NOT using such tricks... so I suppose that makes it somewhat useless to you.

If anything Free Mode is EASIER when it comes to meeting bonus requirements...

And I suppose a lot of the more challenging weapons WOULD be much easier to get that way... of course, they'd also be somewhat pointless at that point. I know you can turn any character into an unstoppable force of nature with the right set of throwing-knives, but I find that I have MUCH more fun with the game by sticking mainly with each character's designated EX weapon, and a secondary weapon from their 4-star list that suits them. Which of course also means that I'm now actually using each of those hard-won 5-star weapons.

Mind, I'm not knocking you for engineering up an unstoppable superweapon - it's up to everyone to play the game the way they find most entertaining. I'm just saying, the list of tough 5th-star weapons I accumulated is based on NOT using such tricks... so I suppose that makes it somewhat useless to you.

Well I was doing 5-star weapons with each character's EX weapon, and after each 5-star weapon I would go into Ambition mode and sell extra weapons and check the Blacksmith for a good set of throwing knives. Once I got them, I didn't feel guilty about using them at all. Playing on Hard mode to get the 5-star weapons is just frustrating because all the enemies do is block, so most of the challenge in Hard mode is just dealing with breaking their blocking while avoiding having your combo interrupted. Making the enemy just block all the time is a dumb way to increase difficulty in my opinion. Also, even if I didn't have the option to temper OP throwing knives, there are still some 5-star weapons that have Cyclone and can kill officers extremely quickly and are completely "legit" (taking the argument that tempering throwing knives is exploiting the game in some way, which I'm not saying you're accusing anyone of, but I'm sure there are some people out there who feel that way, that it isn't "pure" that way). But with DW games involving so much farming/grinding, I seeno issue with finding ways to make things easier. I can only deal with constant blocking for so long ;)

Even so, I still used your guide here for all of the weapons you listed, since some/most aren't just about being able to kill officers fast enough. Your guide certainly isn't rendered useless by making OP throwing knives. It helped me quite a bit, knowing what to look out for/what route to take in certain battles. So despite Lu Bu not posing a threat to me, your guide has come in very handy so far.

Edited by Necrophage33

Oh, I'm not sticking to EX weapons because it's 'purer', or anything like that. I just think most of the characters look really, really WEIRD wielding throwing-knives. :p I remember that one time I equipped Dong Zhou with Zhao Yun's Dragon Spear, which is a 'natural' expert weapon for him, just because it was the only 5-star weapon I had in Dong's mastered weapon selection. It worked - I succeeded in beating the level with the given requirements, which is kind of a tall order in Dong Zhou's stage given the time-constraints. But watching that fatass pull off Zhao Yun's acrobatic moves - the switch-attack in particular - just turned the whole thing into a joke. Took me out of it, y'know?

It's the same thing with the Throwing Knives. Other than Wang Yuanji, there are several other characters who can wield them with suitable grace, but they're definitely a minority... the rest just look silly with them.

So for me at least, it's less about using the 'right' weapons, and more about not using weapons that turn the game into a Monty Python skit. :p

Oh, I'm not sticking to EX weapons because it's 'purer', or anything like that. I just think most of the characters look really, really WEIRD wielding throwing-knives. :p I remember that one time I equipped Dong Zhou with Zhao Yun's Dragon Spear, which is a 'natural' expert weapon for him, just because it was the only 5-star weapon I had in Dong's mastered weapon selection. It worked - I succeeded in beating the level with the given requirements, which is kind of a tall order in Dong Zhou's stage given the time-constraints. But watching that fatass pull off Zhao Yun's acrobatic moves - the switch-attack in particular - just turned the whole thing into a joke. Took me out of it, y'know?

It's the same thing with the Throwing Knives. Other than Wang Yuanji, there are several other characters who can wield them with suitable grace, but they're definitely a minority... the rest just look silly with them.

So for me at least, it's less about using the 'right' weapons, and more about not using weapons that turn the game into a Monty Python skit. :p

Haha I know what you mean. Dong Zhuo might be the least acrobatic character in the whole game. I remember first getting Lu Bu's 5th weapon and I equipped someone with it (maybe Guan Yinping, since she's 4-star proficiency in that weapon type) and it just looked ridiculous holding that big weapon with one hand off to the side. Plus she's so small and thin, that Halberd probably weighs as much as her, and she one-hands it.

On topic: so far, even using OP throwing knives for a lot of these, the only one that's been a complete pain in the ass was Sun Quan's. Zhu Zhi is the most useless, fragile, pathetic officer in the game. I ran west and killed everyone on the way and got to the ambush point within 30-45 seconds, and Zhu Zhi gets defeated over and over. So then I decide to rush east immediately and kill the Unit Commander right there to prevent Zhu Zhi from dying right away. I kill the Unit Commander and then rush back west and do my thing, and again he gets defeated. I did it a second time and double checked and he's being defeated by fucking normal soldiers! I ended up having to rush east first, kill the Unit Commander and 90% of the normal soldiers there, then Musuo'ed on my horse to the west since Cheng Pu had died for me earlier. I mean I understand morale is low, but this guy is literally just letting people kill him.

A couple of general questions for you, since you seem to be basically done (1000g) with this game and are apparently the only one on this board other than me haha:

1. What tactic do you use to deal with archers? It's a pain in the ass trying to combo an officer only to have archers constantly interrupt you, and then run at them to kill them and they spread out and fire at you while killing other archers. They drive me crazy, and other than riding around them on Red Hare and taking them out that way, I'm not really sure of a good way to deal with it. For example in the Nanzhong missions, you can't use a horse, and at some points you have archers all over and you can't get a damn combo going.

2. Is there something I'm missed with tigers? It seems that just about every time I fight tigers on foot, my weapons literally don't damage them. I knock them back/to the ground, but they get back up and attack and their health is still full. When I do a Musuo/Rage they die instantly, but my regular attacks don't seem to do anything. I was playing for Guan Ping's Great Sword in Nanzhong last night, and when the tigers spawn, my attacks weren't taking their health down at all. I literally had to run while jumping to avoid them until I got far enough away that they gave up on me. I later came to a garrison where allies were fighting tigers who had half of their health gone already. These tigers died in literally one single throwing knife. I don't understand what the deal is with full-health tigers. I can't seem to do damage to them on foot.

Yes, Sun Quan's weapon is a major pain - definitely the worst of the 'no allies can die' scenarios, which are the worst of the weapon-requirements... it's mostly a matter of luck if your allies will last long enough for you to pull off the ambush, but if you DO manage it, you're pretty much home free unless you screw up majorly. Personally, I managed it by just hitting the ambush-point ASAP without bothering with anything else - as I said in my guide - but considering my experiences up to that point, I have no trouble believing that a bit of bad luck can make that a dicey proposition...

As for your questions, I deal with archers mainly by tearing through them with mounted attacks until their numbers are suitably reduced... and otherwise (including on the Nanzhong stage) by using Musous and Rage Attacks whenever I have to fight officers near them. In particular, you can do a lot worse than using a Rage Attack to clear out the archers while damaging the officer to boot. (Also, Guan Ping is one of the few characters where I DON'T mainly use his EX-weapon, because the greatsword is just plain useless on anything past 'Beginner' - every attack has a huge windup, and you'll be interrupted if a gnat farts within a mile and a half of you.)

As for tigers... it depends. Tigers generally only appear for 'special events', and in those cases there's usually something special you need to do to neutralize them - generally involving the deployment of Juggernauts to counter them. Until you do that (and it can take a while for the Juggernauts to actually reach the battlefield, even after you've taken the necessary steps), they're pretty much invincible. Even at other times, though, there definitely IS something dicey about their health - even after you've reduced their health-bar definitively to zero, they'll stick around for a while, and take a few more whacks to eliminate for some reason. Personally, I just put it down to "This game is kinda' buggy" and left it at that. :p

Yes, Sun Quan's weapon is a major pain - definitely the worst of the 'no allies can die' scenarios, which are the worst of the weapon-requirements... it's mostly a matter of luck if your allies will last long enough for you to pull off the ambush, but if you DO manage it, you're pretty much home free unless you screw up majorly. Personally, I managed it by just hitting the ambush-point ASAP without bothering with anything else - as I said in my guide - but considering my experiences up to that point, I have no trouble believing that a bit of bad luck can make that a dicey proposition...

As for your questions, I deal with archers mainly by tearing through them with mounted attacks until their numbers are suitably reduced... and otherwise (including on the Nanzhong stage) by using Musous and Rage Attacks whenever I have to fight officers near them. In particular, you can do a lot worse than using a Rage Attack to clear out the archers while damaging the officer to boot. (Also, Guan Ping is one of the few characters where I DON'T mainly use his EX-weapon, because the greatsword is just plain useless on anything past 'Beginner' - every attack has a huge windup, and you'll be interrupted if a gnat farts within a mile and a half of you.)

As for tigers... it depends. Tigers generally only appear for 'special events', and in those cases there's usually something special you need to do to neutralize them - generally involving the deployment of Juggernauts to counter them. Until you do that (and it can take a while for the Juggernauts to actually reach the battlefield, even after you've taken the necessary steps), they're pretty much invincible. Even at other times, though, there definitely IS something dicey about their health - even after you've reduced their health-bar definitively to zero, they'll stick around for a while, and take a few more whacks to eliminate for some reason. Personally, I just put it down to "This game is kinda' buggy" and left it at that. :p

I thought (for Sun Quan) that maybe I shouldn't kill the Unit Commanders and officers on the way to the ambush point and just ride right to it, but then Cheng Pu was dying for me pretty quick, so in the end I ended up killing everyone on the way and probably just got lucky that the enemy peons took mercy on my officers long enough for me to boost their moral.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed something suspicious about the tigers. Although I never thought about the Juggernauts to counter them. Now that you mention it, I remember not doing any damage to them, then Yueying popping up with Juggernauts and suddenly are tigers are at half health and dying in one hit on hard. They're still a pain in the ass since they aren't phased by attacks and make it very difficult to run away from a group of them constantly pouncing on you.