Amazing tip to everyone who has trouble beating Solo Legendary

TransonicPower

Read my posts.

Basically, after you've single legendary, try doing the last rally point on Reclaimer LASO(except Blind) with the out of map glitch method.

That unlocked the emblem for me!:woop:

I actually did this the other day and nothing unlocked for me. Could the game resetting the campaign progress have anything to do with that?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can verify this still works as of today for getting the LASO emblem. I just did it on Reclaimer following most of the video that Cashaddi posted. I set it to Legendary, turned on all 13 skulls(I can't verify you can do it without Blind as I had all 13 on) and started from rally point Bravo. Obviously I didnt follow the first part of his video since I started from Bravo. At the end I did not get in the ghost, I just ran and it was easier. I already beat the game on solo legendary and co-op legendary. So I don't know if that makes a difference. Also, if I died I just quit and reloaded the level from Bravo again. I don't know if it would make a difference if you did it with it automatically reverting to Bravo or restarting mission if you died, but I was just being paranoid. After I beat Reclaimer I entered the code on Waypoint and it unlocked the Laso emblem and the 50000 xp.

late to the party here, but glad i found out about this. thanks to transonicpower for the op on the topic and cashaddi for the post on the laso glitch.

had pretty much given up on lone wolf cheevo, because i didn't feel like i had the patience to go through every stage. skipping to the last rally point definitely made it doable. already had a few missions completed legitimately, so i just mopped up the rest out of order. confirmed solo legendary badge on mission screen after starting from rally points. cheevo popped after the last mission done (infinity, for me). had already done the co-op legendary path.

the laso waypoint glitch still works as of today (1/28/13). loaded up reclaimer at last rally point, with all skulls (except blind), and got through to the end with minimal problems (had all my learning pains during the regular attempt - mainly the part where you walk through the wall and fly across that pit to get to the forerunner structure door). went to the waypoint website, entered the code, and unlocked :). totally undeserved, but i'll take it :p.

57/57 cheevos, 1250g...nice :D. hopefully the next map pack cheevos aren't too painful.

late to the party here, but glad i found out about this. thanks to transonicpower for the op on the topic and cashaddi for the post on the laso glitch.

had pretty much given up on lone wolf cheevo, because i didn't feel like i had the patience to go through every stage. skipping to the last rally point definitely made it doable. already had a few missions completed legitimately, so i just mopped up the rest out of order. confirmed solo legendary badge on mission screen after starting from rally points. cheevo popped after the last mission done (infinity, for me). had already done the co-op legendary path.

the laso waypoint glitch still works as of today (1/28/13). loaded up reclaimer at last rally point, with all skulls (except blind), and got through to the end with minimal problems (had all my learning pains during the regular attempt - mainly the part where you walk through the wall and fly across that pit to get to the forerunner structure door). went to the waypoint website, entered the code, and unlocked :). totally undeserved, but i'll take it :p.

57/57 cheevos, 1250g...nice :D. hopefully the next map pack cheevos aren't too painful.

I need to do this also. I gave up on the wall glitch but I will try again.

I need to do this also. I gave up on the wall glitch but I will try again.

this is how i was able to do it...the other vids show jumping to the rail to the left, which i wasn't able to do, as you can't really see jacksh*t when you walk through the wall. go through wall (look for that mark on the rock), jump to the right, and do a few successive jet pack boosts to get across to the "playable" area.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnd8nEwQW1g]Halo 4 - Reclaimer on Mythic Difficulty / LASO - YouTube[/ame]

at the 12:00 mark.

I ended up finishing the whole campaign from start to finish over the course of a whole weekend. Whoever said this game was as easy and quick as Reach..well I don't know if they were high or if I'm just shit at Halo but this was a bitch compared to Reach. :p

I finished Reach in the time it took me to finish Forerunner and Midnight on this game! Overall took me about 12 hours to complete this and at times I wish I had used the glitch to save a lot of frustration. I'm gonna have to mention this tip to my sister as she wants to attempt legendary haha.

this is how i was able to do it...the other vids show jumping to the rail to the left, which i wasn't able to do, as you can't really see jacksh*t when you walk through the wall. go through wall (look for that mark on the rock), jump to the right, and do a few successive jet pack boosts to get across to the "playable" area.

at the 12:00 mark.

Thanks that look so much easier. Edit: First try :)

Edited by StarsRPD

This seems like a good method for people that can't beat it legit or just don't have time, either way if anyone is looking for a good legendary Walkthrough, look up user TheDeathOfAnEra on YouTube. He has a great Walkthrough to get it done the best and easiest way. I used his videos and by the end I had no trouble at all. Just a heads up

Which is exactly why I'm creating a Legendary Guide to save people the stress of getting stuck in certain fights, save people time by showing them tricks to bypass certain fights, and give them a detailed rundown of each level so they know what to do. I mean, if you're gonna have to exploit a game to get a mere 90:gsicon: then I feel bad for you.

You haven't played the DMC HD Collection, have you?

Ok I will try it on xbox. I have solo legendary heroic co-op legit. Edit: No unlock.

hmm...check to see that you have the legendary badge for every single mission (including prologue and epilogue) for both solo and co-op. then check the waypoint website (or maybe the xbox waypoint app - not sure if that's there) to see if you have legendary badge for every mission, solo and co-op. once confirmed, you should try the reclaimer bravo laso run again, and then go to waypoint website and re-enter code (what's the error message you get when you tried to enter the laso code?). this seems too reproducible to not be working. just a suggestion...i personally hate giving up on something that you know definitely works...

I will try with blind skull on this time. I have the legendary achievement but I can always double check the levels in case they disappear? Waypoint is 100% correct. xbox too. Does it matter if I use the save & quit trick? Edit: no luck yet. I give up maybe it's fixed.

LOCKED - COMPLETE THE CAMPAIGN ON LEGENDARY WITH ALL SKULLS ON.

Edited by StarsRPD

I have read through nearly every post in this thread (skipping the short ones that I know won't be relavent to my question). Can someone please confirm if you have to have an update of the game for this to work. I haven't been able to get online with my Xbox for a while now I haven't updated Halo 4 as only got it the other day. I have already completed the game on normal and when I tried this exploit on Dawn from rally point bravo it do not give me the symbal to say I have completed the level on ledgendary. Can you please let me know if I have to update the game because if so it means I need to start bugging my friend to let me take my console and game to his.

Just did this on Reclaimer starting from Rally Point Bravo and I can confirm that it works without the blind skull on.::woop:

For some reason it didnt work for me, lets try with all 13 on now

Iv done solo legendary and co op legendary.. Argh..

Edited by xydz

Hmmm. Well I'm not trying this again until someone post a solution.

This is exactly how I did it:

Pre doing this - coop and solo legendary done including prologue and epilogue

Doing this - I put on all skulls bar blind and started Reclaimer from Rally Point Bravo. Used the video to skip most of the battles. Finished the mission. I never saved and quit the game at any point during the mission, I did die once but all I did was press start then restart mission (it restarted me from Rally Point Bravo). I'm not certain but I think it started the next level after I was done and then I just ended the game.

I then went to waypoint through the Halo 4 menu entered the code and it worked.

Hope this helps.