If you're wondering why you didn't get an event ribbon...

lifeexpectancy

Poor programming? Or developer lazyness  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Poor programming? Or developer lazyness

• Poor programming with no foresight of achievement requirements.
    • Lazy developers who want to stop coding new events.

Kinda pissed right now. I know for a fact I did not do the thanksgiving event last year on account of me not owning the game yet and despite that I still haven't gotten the damn ribbon. I'm convinced that I cannot do it now and I likely won't bother checking if events I know I haven't done aren't counting for me. ><

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you try playing other game mode before you played beast?

No. Beast sounded fun. Popped in gears. After the match the achievement popped. I already had 29/30 when it was first given out. Almost done with beast now. Just need insane and one ribbon.

Kinda pissed right now. I know for a fact I did not do the thanksgiving event last year on account of me not owning the game yet and despite that I still haven't gotten the damn ribbon. I'm convinced that I cannot do it now and I likely won't bother checking if events I know I haven't done aren't counting for me. ><

The thanksgiving event (repeat) happened in July. Right now, the current (repeat) event is from February. I know it's confusing. I hope that helps.

The thanksgiving event (repeat) happened in July. Right now, the current (repeat) event is from February. I know it's confusing. I hope that helps.

It helps, though it doesn't improve my mood. Three weeks after they bump everyone up to 29/30 and even their supposed "new" ribbon doesn't work for me, its really gotten me flustered.

OP updated, and just to confirm what was said above, don't confuse the names of the events. All that matters is the # in the cycle that they are. This event is a repeat of an event from February. Just because it's a Thanksgiving event does not mean it's a repeat of the event from last November. That's why my original post shows in () which event number in the cycle the current event is a repeat of.

Thanks for the heads up, was able to get my ribbon for Thanksgibbing tonight, but this only got me to so Im at 10 of 30. Was a little ticked when my nephew logged on to play (who was at 6 of 30) and found he was at 29 of 30 and got War Supporter after playing TDM.

Wait you're saying you're at 10/30 RIGHT NOW? So it's no longer increasing everyone to 29/30???

I can also confirm that they are still upping people to 29/30. I had not played Gears 3 online since the beginning of Janunary 2012, and had only like 2 or 3 event ribbons back then. As soon as the main menu came on when I played last night, the little box in the corner popped up saying I now had 29 ribbons. I then played one match of team deathmatch, and when the match was over I got the achievement. Since I hadn't played in so long I also obviously had to download the updated achievement list since two more DLC packs had been reased since I last played, but oddly it only showed the list up to 1750, not the full 2000. Wonder why...

Well over a week now and still no new ribbon. What's the next US holiday? I suppose they may make a new event for that. It better not be fucking Christmas though

I agree. I'm tired of waiting on the event to change for weeks after it is supposed and then being utterly disappointed when it turns out to be a ribbon I have had all along. This whole process has gotten quite old and frustrating. Here's to hoping that maybe we get a change later on in the day, seeing as to how I have frequently played a match in the morning and nothing, but have come home from work that same day and people have posted here about an event change.

From Twitter:

You’ve been asking for it so we’ve brought back the One Shot One Kill event for this #GearsWeekend! Longshots are the only available pickup so watch your back, and your head! You will also spawn with the Boltok. The event is live now and we still have 3x XP going as well! Don’t forget to give us your feedback about our “One Shot, One Kill” event in the comments below, or this weekend on twitter using the #GearsWeekend hashtags. We rely on your feedback to make the best experience ever. More #GearsWeekend events will be coming up so be sure to keep watching!

So, there has been 3x XP and nobody told me? >_>

The event has changed to one shot one kill according to epic forums. I can't test this because I'm at work.

I'm trying to keep my hopes down so I'm not disappointed when the inevitable happens

I can confirm that the event has changed. I finally put this achievement to bed with this event. About firggin' time. Hoping for the best for you, man. I know this achievement has been a real trial for a lot of us.