Your thoughts on beta

SlySi1976

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to check it out tonight but honestly, I'm not expecting much. Was super pumped for Crysis 2 and that just crapped all over me. It had some redeeming moments but overall, not worth my time. And this looks almost exactly the same.

It felt exactly the same. I remember thinking Crysis 2 had a very good single player campaign but I wasn't really looking forward to Crysis 3 for some reason, and I am even less now after the beta. As soon as the match started all the horrible things about Crysis 2 multiplayer came back to me and I remembered why I didn't care about this game. Also, I hope there's a graphics installation feature for the retail release because this game looks downright ugly as is. Yeah, yeah, it's a beta right? I shouldn't be so mean. We'll see.

I'm kind of the opposite to the people above, i hated Crysis 2 online (sp was great), however so far i'm addicted to the MP in this beta, Hunter Mode is great fun and contrary to the above post the cell will only get slaughtered if you don't stick together, i have won multiple matches on both sides.

I never got to play Crysis 1 since my PC was never powerful enough so getting it free with Crysis 3 is another great bonus for purchasing this game.

I'm going to check it out tonight but honestly, I'm not expecting much. Was super pumped for Crysis 2 and that just crapped all over me. It had some redeeming moments but overall, not worth my time. And this looks almost exactly the same.

And it plays exactly the same. It's also got that weird aiming that all the crysis games have for me. When I ADS something feels off and I can't hit shit.

However punching a car and getting a kill then immediately after picking up a lightpost and throwing it at some guy to get another kill was pretty exciting. Not sure if you could do this in the second one.

Playing Crash Site mostly

LOL at the Tagged and Bagged assignment

I am HORRIBLE at this game but I still enjoy it. Definitely missing that Far Cry 3 aim assist right now. :,[

Can't figure out how to tag which will be essential due to my shittiness. I assume you press up on the D-Pad to get the binoculars out, but then what? Just looking at them doesn't do the job.

Similarly I can't get the stabbing action to work, I just seem to elbow people in the head until they die. cloaked or uncloaked.

Liking the ship that flies around on Airport that you can jump onto and fire/steal a mounted machine gun from.

Ripping some fuck out of the Pinger was exciting. Piloting the thing, not so much.

I actually got an Air Stomp kill~!~! Although there were 3 players in the Crash Site zone it only killed one of them. You'd think they'd have made it more effective/useful this time around.

Liking the shields that you can rip off the Crash Site point. The melee seems to be an instant kill so that's my main method of murder.

The menu music is nice.

Any FPS that allows me infinite running at a good speed and massive jumping power will probably entertain me for a while.

Bloopers:

A few killcams showed a few different enemies firing the shotgun well above my head for the kill shot.

The Machine Gun's noise glitched at some point and kept playing until I respawned.

Picking up items is a bitch. If you're holding X before it becomes an on screen option you'll have to re-press and I think C3 operates on a 'You need to be looking at the item' system instead of FC3's 'Be on top of it' which I'd prefer because you can still keep an eye out

A pinger spawned and I was the first one to it, jumped on top, couldn't get in. Approached from the ground, still no prompt to get in...

This round of Hunter I'm currently playing is about to start in 1 second. For the past minute. ¬_¬

Had a lot of players teleporting about the place and dying a few seconds after meleeing them. This didn't happen in Crash Site.

Edited by Hurricane Of 87

To start, the only other Crysis game I played was the beta for Crysis 2 which I ended up avoiding. I made it to level 10 in Crysis 3 and I'm not a fan. Won't be picking it up. I really tried to enjoy it, but I just couldn't. Reminds me of a poor quality version of Gotham City Imposters.

The armor abilities are a major turn off. The armor ability slows down combat and feels like there's some sort of lag in the game. There's nothing more aggravating than shooting someone in the back just for them to turn around and kill you because of the damn armor. More annoying when we both use the armor thingy and waddling around, chipping each other's armor and health.

Invisibility is another issue for me. I shoot someone, they run around a corner, activate invisibility and wait for me to chase them. I can't turn invisible and go in the room because they'll see me first and I'll end up dead. The only choice is to go look for another target and leave him to sit in there.

Random complaint

Awful menus and HUD- The HUD shaking was fine, but everything seemed too transparent. The menus felt clunky, especially when you're looking at all of the guns.

All that being said, I did enjoy the sandbox weapons, freedom to run and jump everywhere, and the maps. I'm don't really like infection/zombie game modes, but Hunter was pretty cool.

Edited by koopakiller64

Played up to level 5. I'll just state what's on my mind...

• Nothing terrible, yet nothing spectacular. Feels like your standard FPS Multiplayer.
  • Enhanced Armor is annoying when someone turns around and kills you in one shot after you've been shooting them in the back.
  • Cloak is a cool concept but it can get annoying at times.
  • Hunter Mode is kinda stupid because the Marines are always on the Hunter's Mini-Map even when they're standing still. They oughta tweak that.
  • Crashsite is a fun game mode. The shields are a great tool in that mode. The Pinger is overpowered/stupid.
  • Airport (daytime map) is really good. The other one is awful...

Complaints aside, I'm still picking this game up. The MP won't be that bad achievement wise if you boost them, because level 20 seems reasonable. The Campaign will be sweet though.

I played up to level 5 and enjoyed it, as a beta.

Good Things!

- The "Suit Reboot" (Crysis equivalent of Prestige) actually unlocks things, meaning it has a point.

- Crash Site is pretty fun, reminds me of King of the Hill.

- The shield is effective as a shield.

- Cloaking is really effective if you know how to use it.

- Auto Armor can be a life saver.

- the Bow will become everybody's favorite stealth weapon.

- Press the back button.

Not so Good Things...

- You move waaaay too slowly with a shield, even while sprinting.

- Hunters are Ultramurder, maybe some tweaks so they aren't unstoppable at any range?

- Why do i only have one rocket?

- So much sky camping! (on the plane tail mostly)

- instant respawning needs to be implemented., it is becoming the norm for shooters.

- The healing armor power is useless in the Hunter game mode.

- there are no HUD markers for alien tech.

- Matches are too short.

Kinda Funny Things:

- Playing Ring-Around-the-Rosie on Crash site, hehe

- YE GODS, THE SHIELD THROW VICTIMS NEED RAGDOLL PHYSICS!

- i sniped the last survivor in a game of Hunter while half the other hunters were chasing him. :)

I look forward to playing it again tomorrow!

Edited by Cann0nSen5ei

So I've played roughly five hours of the beta. My opinion it's alright. I've reset my nanosuit 3 times I believe mostly because you have to if you want to get all of the guns. Hunter mode is kind of lopsided in my opinion. If your a hunter it's easy to go to town on the C.E.L.L. soldiers, and as a soldier your only real choice if you want to survive till the end is to camp and hope they don't find you till its too late. It reminds me of AvP when humans had to try and beat the predators.

The guns are all right, I don't see the Bow becoming more than a novelty weapon. No one so far has really used it, and those who have don't really dominate with it. It takes two shots to get a kill unlike the one shot in Hunter mode. You only get one shot kills with the bow if a) they have no more armor, or b) You shoot them from about the shoulders up, which basically means you need a head shot. I'm not sure if any one else was able to but I couldn't use any of the other arrows, I unlocked the exploding one along with the tracker and it won't let me use them.

Another thing I have like 50 dog tags and I can't look at any of them is this what every one else is experiencing?

Edit: Also I'm really sick of having to watch every kill cam. I know who killed me, and from where. It's nice that you want to show me as an aiding tool, but at least give me the ability to skip it. Same goes for those highlights at the end, kind of annoying.

Edited by alpha17

The hunter mode is awesome, but getting to play as hunter every 20 games is irritating, BUT even more satisfying. Also what I've noticed people get themselves killed on purpose at start of the match as operatives since they wanna play the hunter, which is just stupid.

Good beta anyways, only noticed couple of freezes at end of the games. And also couple 1 bar connections seizuring around the map like no others.

Have never been a huge fan of the Crysis games but thought I would check out the beta anyway (hey, its free right?). Ended up becoming addicted to it, reaching top rank (11 in the beta) and 'rebooting' (prestiging) my character to unlock some new goodies, including the bow :woop:

Both maps and modes are very enjoyable; "Crash Site" feels just as frantic as Hardpoint from BLOPS2 and "Hunter" is just all kinds of awesome, especially when playing as the Cells and you're frantically checking every corner while your motion detector is going crazy.

Obviously there are several audio/visual bugs but this is beta build we are talking about so what do you expect? Overall, its an incredibly fun game and one I will probably end up pre-ordering.

Kinda Funny Things:

- Does the pinger have a stomp attack? i can just troll it from below/behind like a douchebag.

It does. you use the melee button to activate it. It drops down and causes a shockwave around it.

I don't feel the pinger is OP since it's cumbersome as fuck to manoeuvre and rotating the turret is sloooooooow.

Another thing I have like 50 dog tags and I can't look at any of them is this what every one else is experiencing?

Yes, this menu is greyed out for me too.

Feels like Crysis 2.1. Like an update, not even a major one, just a few changes. I didn't mind Crysis 2 MP, but I played it to death with the achievement requirements, and I'm not sure I want to get into this one as much as the last.

There are good aspects, it's a good game, although it's not perfect.

Here is a video summary of some of my thoughts:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVB3ZTxtSE8]Crysis 3 MP Beta - Gameplay, Review & Information - Xbox 360 - 720p HD - YouTube[/ame]