Did anyone else have trouble with the Arcade Games?

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same trouble when I first start. It's all just luck really. When I did it I mainly just stayed in the same spot and let the food run into me and I'd move when I have a puffer-fish coming my way.

No doubt this one will take you a while to get unless you have some luck on your side,but it's very possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Huh, guess my brain is just naturally wired for 80s-style arcade games like this. I beat the Consumo high score on my first try and the other two on my second. Maybe these tips will help:

Consumo - Try to stay in the middle circle, don't go outside it unless there's a food item right there. I tend to not look at my character very much, and instead focus on everything that's moving around him. The items all move either straight up/down or left/right, so it's not as chaotic as it first seems, but it does take some practice. I play a lot of chaotic 2D shooters ("shmups") so I guess I'm just used to it. The collision-detection area seems to extend a little beyond the objects, so you can snag food just from barely touching it, but it also means you need to give enemies a wide berth.

Nut Shots - The natural instinct is to stay as far to the left as possible, to increase the time you have to react, but don't do this. The wave shot from the bat expands as it moves left, and eventually it will get so big it's impossible to dodge. Stay near the center, even a little over to the right, and just pound the fire button. The shots from the wasps are not too difficult to avoid, and you can usually take them out before they have a chance to fire. Focus on the bat as soon as it appears, then move all the way up or down to avoid its initial wave shot. When the eagle appears, get close and fire a bunch of shots, then back up toward the left side of the screen when it's about to fire the salmon. You'll have to dodge the first salmon but you can kill the eagle just after it launches the second one, and when you do it knocks out both the eagle and the salmon.

Monkey Fling - Focus on the spiders first. Unlike Nut Shots you can't just blast away forever because you'll run out of poo. Time your shots, line them up so you get the spiders. When you have a breather, knock down a few bananas to replenish your poop. Try to leave a couple there for emergencies. If there are a ton of spiders on both sides of the screen, clear out just one half and let the ones on the other side drop to the ground. If you move all the way to the edge they'll probably disappear before they get you. If you do run completely out of poop you'll get a single shot after a few seconds, but try not to rely on this. If you can get a rhythm down it should go pretty smoothly.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...