High Maintenance Discussion Thread

Harry94

Just did this about an hour ago. Nailed it on the first attempt. The Richtofen route is definitely the easiest of the two. Requires the least amount of money/weapons/steps. Haven't even tried the Maxis route. But I don't even care to if you have to kill tons of zombies in a predetermined location.

Long story short, do the Richtofen route. It's easy. And the steps are a lot more forgiving than some of these videos have made them out to be. We all jumped on the tops of the elevators. Timing wasn't perfect. But they lit up anyway. Finding and standing on the remaining tiles is just a matter of trial and error. Shooting the orbs was cake. it's worth noting that you need to shoot each orb 10 times in a row with the sliqufier. So shoot one 10 times, it should start to spin. Reload, do the same with the next. Using the Trample Steams was as easy as setting them up on the zombie markers and leading less than 1 wave worth of zombies to them to hit the tower. Figuring out the mahjong tiles was the hardest part. But you were given one chance per wave. It only took us 3 waves to figure out the correct order. Bam. Achievement unlocked. Bring on the next one, Treyarch.

I'm all for helping out others with the achievement. But please, for the love of god... Do NOT message me if you: a)Have never completed an easter egg before, or b)have a shitty k/d. Seriously. I don't mind helping. But I DO mind carrying the 3 other people I'm playing with. It isn't fun for me.

What's your GT? I'd be eternally grateful if you helped me, I got to the flinging part with the last group and we somehow screwed up. I've done EVERY easter egg in Zombies multiple times and this is the last achievement I need for 100% in this game again. Thanks so much in advance!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did this about an hour ago. Nailed it on the first attempt. The Richtofen route is definitely the easiest of the two. Requires the least amount of money/weapons/steps. Haven't even tried the Maxis route. But I don't even care to if you have to kill tons of zombies in a predetermined location.

Long story short, do the Richtofen route. It's easy. And the steps are a lot more forgiving than some of these videos have made them out to be. We all jumped on the tops of the elevators. Timing wasn't perfect. But they lit up anyway. Finding and standing on the remaining tiles is just a matter of trial and error. Shooting the orbs was cake. it's worth noting that you need to shoot each orb 10 times in a row with the sliqufier. So shoot one 10 times, it should start to spin. Reload, do the same with the next. Using the Trample Steams was as easy as setting them up on the zombie markers and leading less than 1 wave worth of zombies to them to hit the tower. Figuring out the mahjong tiles was the hardest part. But you were given one chance per wave. It only took us 3 waves to figure out the correct order. Bam. Achievement unlocked. Bring on the next one, Treyarch.

I'm all for helping out others with the achievement. But please, for the love of god... Do NOT message me if you: a)Have never completed an easter egg before, or b)have a shitty k/d. Seriously. I don't mind helping. But I DO mind carrying the 3 other people I'm playing with. It isn't fun for me.

Did you find the tiles, or just hit random corners?

I'll be doing Richtofens as well, Maxis needs a PAP Ballistic Knife :/

We found most of them. Enough for us to figure out two directions 100%. From there it was just a matter of trial and error until we figured out the right order. Like I said, only took us 3 tries before we nailed it.

PAP knife isn't that bad. Only downside is you need to rely on the box to give it to you. Which could take much more than money than what the Richtofen route requires. Richtofen only requires the Sliquifier, Galvaknuckles, and a Sniper Rifle. All of which you can get from the wall, or by assembly at the workbench. I'll try doing the Maxis route one of these days. But like I said, I'm not into the idea of kiling a shitload of zombies in a predetermined location ala the Moon EE. That just isn't fun to me.

When my team completed the easter egg We only found 6 per attempt. I did it 3 times. Mainly cause I don't read chinese and mixed up the majong directions. We found 6. You will find either 4 directions/order, and 2 order/directions, or you will find 3 of each

i found something interesting i doubt it has anything to do with easter egg tho seein as its already been done but have a look anyway please [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2HIh5bQsq8]Possible NEW ZOMBIE TILE?? - YouTube[/ame] 5th zombie tile??

When my team completed the easter egg We only found 6 per attempt. I did it 3 times. Mainly cause I don't read chinese and mixed up the majong directions. We found 6. You will find either 4 directions/order, and 2 order/directions, or you will find 3 of each

When we completed it we found all 4 n/e/s/w and a green 4 banboo. Even after looking on theatre we couldn't find the 6th tile! So we had 6 different combinations to try and the last 1 was the correct one!

Did it earlier this morning, so I have some tips that may make this less frustrating:

Coordination - the elevator part is difficult for the fact that it is hard to get all 4 in a position with people on them

We got to the tile part by Round 8 - so my suggestion is getting this done as early as possible (power in round 1)

Do not create crawlers as they WILL die and end the round - try to have 1 designated zombie chaperon to keep him occupied. The zombie will appear to die after some time and will respawn in another area

Try to have done the Perma-Jug on TranZit before starting - those extra hits come in handy

The most frustrating part was the tiles!!!

Designate a secretary - need to keep track of the color / direction / number to get the egg done as fast as possible

Almost mandatory is a list of possible locations. I used NGT's guide on youtube and had some of the tiles he showed as well as ones in the following locations - 1 in the Buddha room on top of a couch off of the fallen pillar (use this to get to it) and 1 tile that was not of the achievement - it was a duck and not a wind symbol or number - this was in the power room on one of the sewing tables

We found all 4 direction tiles and only one number so we did it through trial and error, it took us almost an hour of searching and we found no more than was listed above - therefore a possible location guide would go a long way

Did it earlier this morning, so I have some tips that may make this less frustrating:

Coordination - the elevator part is difficult for the fact that it is hard to get all 4 in a position with people on them

We got to the tile part by Round 8 - so my suggestion is getting this done as early as possible (power in round 1)

Do not create crawlers as they WILL die and end the round - try to have 1 designated zombie chaperon to keep him occupied. The zombie will appear to die after some time and will respawn in another area

Try to have done the Perma-Jug on TranZit before starting - those extra hits come in handy

The most frustrating part was the tiles!!!

Designate a secretary - need to keep track of the color / direction / number to get the egg done as fast as possible

Almost mandatory is a list of possible locations. I used NGT's guide on youtube and had some of the tiles he showed as well as ones in the following locations - 1 in the Buddha room on top of a couch off of the fallen pillar (use this to get to it) and 1 tile that was not of the achievement - it was a duck and not a wind symbol or number - this was in the power room on one of the sewing tables

We found all 4 direction tiles and only one number so we did it through trial and error, it took us almost an hour of searching and we found no more than was listed above - therefore a possible location guide would go a long way

TILES! hahaha i got mine after 5 trials. each time we start a new round i try a diff order till we got them. it was so easy since it was round 8 :p

its upside down...inside a zombie window..i dont think a trample steam would go there

No, that's literally the zombie tile on the upper walkway the roof. If you notice, it's in the exact same spot as one of the four tiles where you need to lay a trample steam for the EE. It's just on the opposite side of the floor.

Nothing at all to get excited about. As I'm sure you can see the same for the other 3 spots. And even if you can't, it's likely only because this area is completely inaccessable. Aside from the free roam camera. Never in a million years could anyone get to it. Even if they could, it's useless.

No, that's literally the zombie tile on the upper walkway the roof. If you notice, it's in the exact same spot as one of the four tiles where you need to lay a trample steam for the EE. It's just on the opposite side of the floor.

Nothing at all to get excited about. As I'm sure you can see the same for the other 3 spots. And even if you can't, it's likely only because this area is completely inaccessable. Aside from the free roam camera. Never in a million years could anyone get to it. Even if they could, it's useless.

well i found it before easter egg was solved i thought we would of had to shoot them with certain gun pap or something i thought the window it was next to was the window on the upper ground but yea might b right :/ :(

well i found it before easter egg was solved i thought we would of had to shoot them with certain gun pap or something i thought the window it was next to was the window on the upper ground but yea might b right :/ :(

Sorry... But I know I am. It's literally a mirror image of the tile on the opposite side of the texture. Likely they just forgot to, or didn't bother covering it up.

When we completed it we found all 4 n/e/s/w and a green 4 banboo. Even after looking on theatre we couldn't find the 6th tile! So we had 6 different combinations to try and the last 1 was the correct one!

It is supposed to spawn 8. But I have seen it spawn 6,and 7 majong tiles.

BTW here are the directions of the tower

These are the directions as if you are running up the ramp to the tower. The first side you come to is east, to the right is north, to the left is south, and the opposite is west.